collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Listening to the Names  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
Listening to the Names
« on: January 28, 2016, 10:38:23 am »
Em Hotep All,

As a beginner, I've really taken a liking to Senut, and I've been practicing it pretty regularly (not quite every day, probably 5 or so times a week because I'm fallible and human ;P ).  Recently, I feel a really big, really vast presence.  I actually feel like it's been around since the first couple of Senuts, but now it's VERY present.  The thing is, I can't hear it.  I've never been really good with that aspect of communication.  I'm confidant that it listens to me because I can feel it around when I do Senut and when I pray; I've never had trouble with the sensing part, just the listening. 

Any advice/techniques for opening up the lines of communication/learning to listen better? 

Senebty,
Michael
-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Listening to the Names
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 11:11:12 am »
Em Hotep Arrestos963,

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying doing senut! It is good for the establishment of routine practice, and you have that down it seems!

Some Names are simply less "chatty" than others I've encountered. I know Ptah (one of my Beloveds) is not particularly chatty at all, and while I feel that He hears my prayers, He's not a huge conversationalist.

Another way that you might "hear" the names though is through emotion and memory. My Mother frequently communicates with me in this regard, where I will have sudden sensations of emotion or specific recollection of memories meant to evoke specific emotions. Mother has told me in particular that sometimes language or words will cloud the emotional intent behind the communication, and that emotions are often more complete in their universal language than words are.

But that's my UPG experience with one specific Name.

Try to relax and see what the vastness feels like, aside from...well, vast. Does it bring up memories? If so, what kind? How did you feel in those memories?

Hope this helps!

Senebty!
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Rev. Ihhyensenu

• Fundraising Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 04:56:08 pm »
Em Hotep,

I have found keeping a small journal of your experiences helps too, you can see who is more talkative then others and so forth.

Glad you enjoy the Senut rite!
Rev. Ihhyensenu
"Acclaimed by Two"
Sat Sekhmet-Mut her Amun-Ra, meryt Yinepu-Wepwawet
W'ab Nekhen Senwy Nisut

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 05:35:23 pm »
I also really like senut. ^^

In beginner's class it was asked if us not to focus on any one name through the class time. But shortly after or near the end many many names would come forward and 'introduce' themselves. This may be what this particular presence is waiting for. Just scoping you out and waiting for another time to really be heard.

There are many types of personalities and temperaments among Netjer. I hope you get to know them well. I find that my patience is tested often. I would just continue on as you are and let things progress naturally.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 My Carrd

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 08:13:40 pm »
Some people can hear well the gods and receive their signals. I do not understand why this does not happen to me, but I do not make it a frustration or problem in my life.

I have mental problems and low self-esteem, and I think that hinders me. I am a very private person. But, to paraphrase Flavia Melissa psychologist, I just relax, trust, and allow life to flow.
Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 11:04:46 pm »
Em Hotep!

Firstly, thank y'all for such thoughtful responses; I really appreciate them.  I actually had an experience with a Name (that I was completely unfamiliar with) after I posted this question, and I think that maybe She is not much of a talker.  That being said, I think that I am going to relax for the rest of my beginner period, and just enjoy the unspecified vastness during Senut because, from what I understand, it is a unique opportunity to really open up to the myriad of Netjer.  For now, I have an idea of who might show up in my line up, and confirmation will come after.  Thank y'all so much!

Senebty!
-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3506
  • stats Total Posts: 304406
  • stats Total Topics: 21165
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126
  • stats Most Online: 955