collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Fictional (Villainous) Ritual Closing Phrase Needed...  (Read 1887 times)

Fictional (Villainous) Ritual Closing Phrase Needed...
« on: February 04, 2016, 04:50:01 pm »

Greetings, good people.

I hope and trust that this missive finds you and your (large) family well.  My name is Coyote Kishpaugh, and it has been a while since I had much to do with Kemetic Orthodoxy, though I am currently sniffing about Kemet.org again. I have a question for everyone who would like to weigh in.

My co-author Lauren and I are continuing work on our series, The Order of the Four Sons. It is a modern fantasy tale about (among other things) members of secret societies that trace their origins to a priesthood in ancient Khem, well before the two lands were united. It has parts that are historical fiction, but most of the story takes place in modern day.

The two societies started out as one secret order, dedicated to keeping a Thing of Isfet contained. Eventually, It escaped, and the order split. One faction, which became The Order of the Four Sons of Horus (nowadays The Order of the Four Sons), kept its dedication to Ma’at and to the battle to contain evil and keep humanity protected. The other became The Keepers of Starry Wisdom (nowadays Starry Wisdom). While the Order’s philosophy revolves around creation, protection, and healing, Starry Wisdom is a group of magicians who gain their power through a philosophy of destruction and harm. Taking rather than sharing, etc.

My co-author Lauren and I are looking for an “amen”-like word that Starry Wisdom would use to close their rituals. Specifically, for a funerary rite. Part of the rite is a declaration of their intent to one day overcome death itself, bring those of their number who have gone before out from the land of the dead, and rule as gods. Although technically nekhtet could technically be translated as "victory," I consider that unsuitable for obvious reasons. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you for your time and consideration,
--Coyote.
“I am, indeed, a king, because I know how to rule myself.”
-- Pietro Aretino, 10 May 1537.

Re: Fictional (Villainous) Ritual Closing Phrase Needed...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 02:51:47 pm »
Sniffing about further, I find a possibility in Khepes Neheh. Khepes, from what little I can find, refers to Strength and power, while Nehes refers to a perpetual renewal.

So combining the two, if I understand aright, would imply strength / power eternal, in a state of perpetual self-renewal. Which is a possible description of what our villains are seeking.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
“I am, indeed, a king, because I know how to rule myself.”
-- Pietro Aretino, 10 May 1537.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3335
  • stats Total Posts: 300148
  • stats Total Topics: 20632
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955