collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Question about followers with the same Parent(s)  (Read 23581 times)

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
Re: Question about followers with the same Parent(s)
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 10:43:18 am »
Thank you everyone for answering. 

We all know we're different and I wasn't trying to insinuate that you'd be twins or near exact copies of your spiritual siblings, I was merely curious if there was anything you have noticed.  Like Rayashi pointed out, you'll find what you want to see if that's what you have set out to do.

I'm not trying to establish a litmus test for determining spiritual siblings or Parents (though the story Padjaiemweru told about the early House's bets and Bast-lings body types was really funny) but as a few of you have said, there is a "something something" that you can't describe that is shared amongst your spiritual siblings. 

I wouldn't ponder long on it either.  Official disclaimer:  Not interested in establishing a litmus test or suggesting twin personalities amongst spiritual siblings or that Netjer chooses us based on how alike we are.

But anyway, I have enjoyed your answers so far.
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Offline Rev. Sema'a

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 12:25:32 pm »
Em hotep!

There are things, but there's no hard and fast rule. I think of it a lot like the argument of "nature vs nurture" in personality development... Perhaps "nature vs. nurture vs. Netjer"? Our personalities are so diverse just broken down into biology vs. environment, when you start to add in things like divine Parentage and astrological sign and anything else, it gets really hard to tell what's what.

I guess what I mean to say is that it can be really hard to see where the similarities really lie, when there are so many other factors involved in developing personality.

That said, I agree with everyone who has said there's a certain je ne sais quoi to children of each deity that makes them similar.

I hope that made sense!

Sobeq

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sobeqsenu [Sema'a Ankh Hena Semawy]
child of Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Mut
beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner

Offline Meresinepu

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 12:46:44 pm »
Em hotep Praising Netjer,

This was a good question and as you saw you had many different responses.   I would agree with what's been said in regard to even though we share the same parent, we do not necessarily share the exact same image or personality with our siblings.

I'm a daughter of Yinepu (just Yinepu).   I have 4 beloveds and I suspect another Name (new one) has taken an interest.    When I first joined the House I too was looking for the similarities to my siblings and myself.

There are some Yinepu children here that I do have a very strong connection to and we do in a lot of ways see, hear and feel things in a similar way but there are also other siblings of Yinepu that I do not have a clue about :) (that's a good thing) and I find myself gravitating to them now to find out how they see Him (and thus giving me I think, a better picture of Him and all of his attributes) versus the way that I see him (singular). 

With that said each of us that are Yinepu children have a very precise image of our Father and when we pray to him or do work in his Name we have found  that the Yinepu in say Sun City AZ is different from the Yinepu at Tawy that I see when I attend Retreat.  That knowledge was a little mind boggling and I had a hard time wrapping my head around it but I get that now. 

Another example, I see Yinepu has very laid back and childlike at times.  He is not demanding but rather for me, gives me the time and space to figure out what I need to do and let's me get it done.  Other siblings see him as the Royal Child ..when I heard that description I was very wow'd as I never have experienced that aspect of him and my sibling had not experienced my version of him so we both learned something that day about our parent.  I've never forgotten that conversation.  :) 

In relation to how I fit in with the other Names and their children, I find that again, knowing a little bit about each sibling and how they see their individual Parent(s) gives me, I believe a better understanding of Netjer as a whole but also Netjer in relation to each Name and how they work individually (I see Netjer as a big diamond but with many, many facets and each facet is a different Name and a different function but they are one and many at the same time).

Kemetic religion has given me personally a very unique connection to the Divine and how I see the world and my place in it.   I've learned so much about myself, which in turn has helped me be a better person and more spiritual now than I was in the past.   I could not imagine being anything but what I am now.

Hope that helps.

Senebty.
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 12:29:55 pm »
Em Hotep!

I agree with the above that's been said. There are similarities, but each person seems to have a sort of personal version of their Parent. A long, long, time ago I was divined as the first kid of Mut-as-Amunet or Amunet. It took almost a decade, but there is finally another person with the same form of Amunet as a Parent.

Over the years I've noticed that there's similarities and also vast differences between each form of Mut, and Their -Mutlings, or children of Syncretic forms. Bast-Mut kids are similar to me, but still not, and so on and so forth.

My direct sibling is Dual Parented, so there's still some differences between us, but I can definitely see incredible similarities and analogous circumstances between us. Her second Mother is actually a Beloved of mine, so that makes things interesting. (I also now understand why Dual Parented folks are considered 100% of Each, as an aside lol.) Amunet uses many forms with me, and the same seems to be true for my sibling.

It's definitely a fascinating thing to brainstorm!

Meres: I use that same analogy!! I also view Netjer like a carved crystal with innumerable sides; and we can only see some of the sides at a time, explaining the unknowable.

Senebty! •henu•
~TabauAmunet
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 12:22:22 am »
Hm.. Well to be honest, I've only really had one outside-of-the-interwebs interaction with other Bast kids, and that was a good 15 years ago? I'd be hard pressed to tell you who was there.. Anyhow, I haven't noticed any major similarities between myself and others, but I am also extremely anti-social and have a tendency to drift away for long periods of time. Ha.. Like ten years. So that was completely not helpful, I'm sure.. =^~.o^=

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Satbast (Daughter of Bast)
Sat Bast, Meryt Ptah
"The wildest of the wild things was the Cat. He walked by himself, and all places were alike to him." -Rudyard Kipling

Offline Subani

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 02:25:18 pm »
All I know is Bast kids are awesome. ;)
Sat Bast meryt Amun, Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set
(7/22/07)
Subaenibast
Bast causes Herself to be revealed to me
(6/27/18)

Offline Iwaat

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 02:37:53 pm »
I've noticed a few similarities here and there as far as Bast/Bast-Mut kids go.
~Iwa'at Bast-Mut~
Bast-Mut's Heritage
Sat Bast-mut
Meryt Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Hethert-Sekhmet
*Sau apprentice*

Offline Senui-Iry-I

• Shemsu
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 06:15:38 pm »
The only other similarities I can think of is that myself and Senui-Iry-I almost had an identical lineup. She is a daughter of Sobek-Ra and Hethert-Sekhmet, and Beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Set. I am a daughter of Sobek and Taweret, Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet, Yinepu-Wepwawet, and Set (at the time of my RPD). Khnum became a Beloved afterwards. Similar lineup though, I'm not sure of what we might have in common personality wise.

I'm glad you noticed that too! Like you said, I don't know how much we have in common personality wise but I definitely feel a connection to you because of the similar lineup
Senui-iryi  (Iryi)
Sat Sobek-Ra her Hethert-Sekhmet,
Meryt Set her Yinepu-Wepwawet her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
𓆋 𓁥  𓁣 𓁢 𓋔
Sau apprentice

Offline Subani

• Shemsu
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 08:49:52 pm »
And you know, I suppose there could always be a survey if people were curious.
Sat Bast meryt Amun, Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set
(7/22/07)
Subaenibast
Bast causes Herself to be revealed to me
(6/27/18)

Offline Rev. Tawa'u

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 10:37:24 pm »
I'd love to see some sort of poll by parent/s and MBTI type.  Just for fun.
Wait, did we do something like this before?  Sounds vaguely familiar.
Bast-Mut's Priest & Soldier
Nekhen Neferu-es her Sha Iueh
www.BastMut.org

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 11:05:47 pm »
I am not really into the MBTI.  (For whatever it's worth, I usually test INFP). An enneagram poll would be interesting though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Taseddjebbastmut,
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, & Aset

Offline Taqerisenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2016, 10:50:56 am »
I'm an INTJ, and an enneagram type 5, for what it's worth.
Taqerisenu
("The Attendant of Two," or "The One That Attends to Two")

Sat Heru-wer her Bast her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS!)
Meryt Ra, Set, Nebthet-Nit-Seshat, her Aset

Offline Rev. Tawa'u

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 11:31:42 am »
I don't remember my enneagram, but I'm heavily an INFP it fits me just about dead on.  ;D
Bast-Mut's Priest & Soldier
Nekhen Neferu-es her Sha Iueh
www.BastMut.org

Online Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2016, 11:46:08 am »
I am an INFP too
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 My Carrd

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2016, 12:26:16 pm »
Thank you everyone for your answers.

Ironically, I got impressions that I should make a post about enneagram and MBTI with the Names and the children of the Names before I read the new responses to the thread.

I'm very fluent in MBTI and enneagram.  I've studied both for several years now.  So, is anyone interested in a thread about the enneagram or MBTI types of the children who share Names? 

I think it's doable.  But it will be a headache to put together. 
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3506
  • stats Total Posts: 304407
  • stats Total Topics: 21165
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal