collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Question about followers with the same Parent(s)  (Read 19571 times)

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
Question about followers with the same Parent(s)
« on: February 20, 2016, 10:43:09 am »
Em hotep everyone,

I'm obviously new so this is my first formal hello.  I will be accepted as a Remetj very soon and I've not yet be divined.  For reference, you can call me by my username.  Bear with me as I figure forum posting out. 

I had a question regarding the similarities between Shemsu and Remetj who share the same Parent or Parents.  This question is directed at those who have been divined. 

Have any of you noticed any similarity in the personality, character, life experience etc. of people who share your spiritual Parent?  Preferably, people who share your exact Parent line-up.  I'm not so much interested in the entire line-up, Beloveds included, but if you have noticed any keen similarities amongst people who share your "exact" line-up - I'd love to hear about it.

I've searched thoroughly and I have not seen a question posted about this but I apologize if it's been answered already. 

There was one thread that kind of veered off into this direction but it dealt more with how certain Gods behave with Their children, and Their children being open to that style, as opposed to the similarities amongst the children as focal point.  For example, Aset, Set, and Sekhmet are Names notorious for being very commanding, aggressive, or tending to utilize tough love while Names like Hethert or Bastet have been known to be sweet and more gentle with their spiritual children.  And if you have those Parents, you're more likely to respond better to Their respective ways of encouraging you. 

So anyway, have you noticed any unifying or common factors amongst people who share your Spiritual Parents?  Obviously we're all different but I thought it was possible.

Wishing you all the best,
Senebty

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:43:46 am by praisingnetjer »
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Question about followers with the same Parent(s)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 11:21:22 am »
Em hotep!

While there have been several single Parented children of Serqet-Aset, most had left the House long before I joined. The exception is Demetemserqet; we had the chance to message each other a bit. So I'm not sure if there are any/more similarities between them and myself.

In the Dual-Parented Serqet-Aset kids, I see some similarities between us as individuals. As a group of Serqet-Aset kids, I feel like we cover a spectrum; there's not really a specific "sign of Serqet-Aset" I've seen.

It's been my experience that it makes no difference; there are people I am similar to and people I am not.

Senebty
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 12:15:59 pm »
Em Hotep,

in my experience people might have the same parents and but they don't necessarily have the SAME Parents.
To give an example...some people get Heru-Sa-Aset as king, some as child, some get Him in his aspect of pillar of His mother or avenger of His Father. They are all children of Heru and yet children of a different Heru.
And so each child would be different too. There seems however to be a slight trend that Heru-boys are leaving the nest and flying away.

Senebty
Tanebet
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Rev. Tawa'u

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 12:27:08 pm »
I don't personally spend a lot of time with other Bast-Mut'lings, but I noticed from their posts that I get a feeling that we might be similar in some ways.  More like a hunch or intuition!
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Sau ║ Fundraising ☥
www.BastMut.org

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 01:36:48 pm »
Hotep:

I haven't seen that much similarities between me and other Aset-Serqet kids, I don't think the Netjer necessarily choose people because they're similiar.  As alas I'm surrounded by Set kids.  O.O so many Set kids.  LOL  Sorry guys couldn't help myself.
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Fedw diviner

Offline Semaira

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 02:14:48 pm »
I honestly don't know many Ra kids. Rayashi is the only one I get to talk to, it seems (and she's awesome!)

Ra isn't as "commanding" as I expected, He can be very kind and gentle. Just intimidating at first!

I hope more of Ra's children are divined in the future. :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Sat Ra,
Meryt Bast, Aset-Serqet, her Heruakhety

Sema'ira:
"Ra puts me in order"

The Sandalwood Hotel

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 02:39:29 pm »
I don't personally spend a lot of time with other Bast-Mut'lings, but I noticed from their posts that I get a feeling that we might be similar in some ways.  More like a hunch or intuition!

I've given some thought to that and yeah, I think there are some themes.  I don't want to go into it in this venue because the themes aren't entirely positive and I don't want to offend anybody.  :)  But I don't think there's anything that we can all be defined by.  Because we're individuals too and more goes into creating a person that their parent deity.  And also very much what Tanebet said about getting different versions of a parent.  With a syncretic deity, you're going to get different proportions of Bast and Mut.  And which Bast? And which Mut? 

It's an interesting intellectual exercise and worthwhile to ponder, but not to the point where you start to have expectations for people depending on their RPD without getting to know them.  You may have things in common with your sibs and you may not. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:42:43 pm by Taji »
Daughter of Bast-Mut | Servant of the Queen of Heaven

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 02:50:25 pm »
I have very few siblings on both sides of my lineup. I believe there are three Taweret kids including myself, and the only thing I know of that we have in common because the other two aren't as active is that we all live in Southern California. As for Sobek, I don't know of any active Sobek-only kids here as of right now.
The only other similarities I can think of is that myself and Senui-Iry-I almost had an identical lineup. She is a daughter of Sobek-Ra and Hethert-Sekhmet, and Beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Set. I am a daughter of Sobek and Taweret, Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet, Yinepu-Wepwawet, and Set (at the time of my RPD). Khnum became a Beloved afterwards. Similar lineup though, I'm not sure of what we might have in common personality wise.
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

Offline rev. ubenet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 03:19:58 pm »
there's nobody else in the house with my *exact* lineup, but i do feel similarities and connections with people who share my Parents, even though i can't quite articulate them.
ubenetsenu - "two appear shining"
sat Sekhmet-Mut her Khonsu
meryt Wesir her Serqet-Aset
𓁴𓁳
tarot and heka by request

Offline Padjaiemweru

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 04:39:44 pm »
So anyway, have you noticed any unifying or common factors amongst people who share your Spiritual Parents?  Obviously we're all different but I thought it was possible.

Short Answer --> yes
Not so short answer --> not really

Ok, so, when I first came across the Temple (2002), there were obviously far fewer members, and far fewer Names represented as Parents and Beloveds. At that time, it was common for members to bet (for fun, not money) on who beginner's parents would be. They based their guesses on how the individual acted, life experiences, and even looks. For instance, there was a certain body shape that many Bast kids had. Not all, not even half matched up, but enough did that everyone "knew" that that was the way it was.

Over the next year, many "new" Names were divined as parents (including my own Mom, Bast-Mut) and beloveds, and the number of divined individuals exploded (beginner class sizes went from around 20-30 to over 100 in a few years). With that, almost all those stereotypes broke down, and I don't see people entertaining those behaviors anymore.  I think this is a good thing. It meant many people who had different experiences, different personalities, even different looks feel left out, and in some cases, even unwanted.

Yes, there are similarities I share with other Bast-Mut kids, and similarities I share with other Heru-wer kids. But I also have some similarities with a Serqet kid, an Aset kid, a Set kid, a Wesir kid, and many more. While our parents shaped us, formed our souls, we are so much more than duplicates, clones. Don't be pigeonholed, don't limit your interactions with others based on the RPD.

We are all children of Netjer, and that is all that matters.
Padjaiemweru
The Great Ones provide (for) me
Son of Bast-Mut and Heru-wer
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Seshat-Nit-Nebthet, and Set

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 07:10:55 pm »
O.O so many Set kids. 

I know!  This delights me no end! :D (Dua Set!)

Are there similarities with other siblings?  Perhaps.  Perhaps the Gods are more multi-faceted than just a single characteristic to be reflected in their kids?

Senebty,
Neheh...

Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 08:51:00 pm »
Neheh:

Yeah.  But I'm drowning here, what is this poor Aset kid to do?

:p
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Fedw diviner

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 08:59:32 pm »
Oh.  There are plenty of Aset kids. You'll be alright.  ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Daughter of Bast-Mut | Servant of the Queen of Heaven

Offline Rayashi

• W'ab (priest)
Question about followers with the same Parent(s)
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2016, 10:41:28 pm »
I feel the similarities form overtime as we become closer with our siblings.  I know three other Ra kids quite well, and one or two more, just in passing.  I do see similar personality traits in each of the others, but I also feel you can find what your searching for, if you're trying to.

Just as my sister above said, I'd love to see a few more Ra kids be divined, but I'd especially like to see them stick around.  We have this thing where we like to pop in-and-out, not really leaving, just distancing while we work things out.  As Semaira mentioned, Ra is not as "commanding" as one may expect, so he's tends to be understanding of this behavior.
Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Etsy

Offline Zemity

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2016, 11:17:38 pm »
alas I'm surrounded by Set kids.  O.O so many Set kids

what is this poor Aset kid to do?

Temseniaset, allow me to provide you with the perfect blend of Set and Aset ~

(*Disclaimer - may contain traces of Serqet)

Sorry, couldn't resist XP
Zemity
"(of the) two desert ones"

Son of Serqet-Aset and Set
Beloved of Djehuty, Khnum and Heru-Wer

Self-care Serqet-Aset and Heru-Wer Keeper

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298624
  • stats Total Topics: 20473
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117