collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 48
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: How do the Gods communicate to you?  (Read 5902 times)

Offline AnomanderRake

How do the Gods communicate to you?
« on: February 27, 2016, 02:35:31 pm »
Do you hear them like another voice in your head? Or do you hear them physically speaking or what?
I have no idea how you guys communicate with them so I'm curious because I MAY have heard someone? :D But I really don't know if it was just me or not.

Thanks so much
LORD!

Offline Rev. Tjesi

• W'ab (priest) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
Re: How do the Gods communicate to you?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 04:11:16 pm »
I don't "hear" Them at all. I know others do., but for me it's more ideas that come to my mind and gentle feelings.

Ibi (Awibemhethert)

Self Care Hethert Keeper
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert (Ibi)

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 05:51:09 pm »
They communicate in a whole bunch of ways for me. Usually, I don't "hear" voices. I get images, strong emotions, or pulls towards certain things or events which I then 'translate' into sentences like I'm typing right now. Sometimes there's a more clear "voice" in the sense that I "hear" what is being articulated, a sentence that is already formed I didn't 'translate' from an emotion or image state. But that's a lot less often. Normally it's just a lot of dreams, emotions, and "god feels".
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 08:54:46 pm »
Em Hotep AnomanderRake,

It is important to keep in mind that everyone will have their own methods for the "God Phone", which some may not have at all. Each person is at their own part of their spiritual journey, and neither is right or wrong. It is just a part on the path.

With that said, I find that Netjer uses a method of communication that is most important with the person they are talking to.

For me, Netjer tends to communicate through Memories that evoke specific emotion, or emotion with specific intention. Its feelings mostly unaccounted for by biological means.

They may communicate with you in a different method. That's ok too. :) Just be open to the communication.

Senebty!
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline AnomanderRake

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 12:03:06 am »
So I know a little about this "God phone" but how do you communicate without one and is there any definite way to tell if you have one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LORD!

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 05:26:35 am »
Em Hotep

in my opinon veryone has a "God Phone", sometimes you just have to work a bit to get a clear signal.
It's like clearing a path...the more you work on it and the more often you use it the clearer the path will be.
The same is true for the "God Phone".
Be patient, be open and talk to the Gods...They will answer, not always in the way you expect them to, but They will answer. Some Gods are more vocal than others, some communicate more through emotions and signs. Some come to you in dreams. And I got some of the best message through songs playing on the radion.

Senebty
Tanebet
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 02:22:49 pm »
Em Hotep,

The Names that I'm closest to at this time are Wesir and Aset.  I find I can hear Them both.  But I will say They only tell me as much as I'm willing to hear from Them....if that makes sense. 

In my experience, Wesir tends to make kind suggestions of what He'd like me to do but Aset is more commanding and asserting of what She wants and expects from me.  I find Aset wants me to worship other Names than for me to focus exclusively on Her and Wesir.  She has introduced me to many of Them.  She tells me how She wants me to do rituals and ceremonies honoring the various Gods of the pantheon.  I do present Her with the little offering I am able to give Her but She doesn't seem that interested in it. 

But answering your question more directly, I hear the Names more often than I dream Them or "feel" Them.  But it varies a bit from time to time.  I have dreamed of Ptah though He was completely silent in the dream (surprise).  Bastet communicates with me verbally, like in my head, but also through feelings, of which, She is infamous for doing.

I'm certain everyone knows there's a great deal of ambiguity with communication with the Gods, especially when you are hearing them.  They will let you know.  Don't feel like your method of communicating with them is wrong or not as good as another's.  It's different for everyone.

I'm also a practicing Hellenic Polytheist, (or Olympist if you're super anal about terms) but with the Olympian Gods, I rarely EVER get verbal or visual communication or signs from Them.  I must say, They're a very introverted bunch.  I get a "feeling" of Their presence but I find, personally, that They're not as forthcoming and involved as the Kemetic Gods are.  Or they're not involved in the same way.  I find their "presence" inspires good behavior and movement but the Names are more mentoring and involved.

My advice, be open.  Be open to anything, anytime.  Don't force it.  Perhaps introduce yourself and say you're open to Their guidance and direction.  Read about Them and think about Them.  These are acts of devotion.  Pray, make offerings during Senut, and do whatever you need to until you have forged a connection.   

It is well-known that Hemet felt particularly moved by biblical Samuel saying, "Hear I am, Lord, send me!" as a child.  Even though Samuel honored a different God under a different theology, it would not hurt to follow his example.  Be open and willing like Samuel.

Senebty

Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Offline Senui-Iry-I

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 06:27:45 pm »
The most common way the Netjer speak to me is through their voices in my head. I don't hear their voices physically (does that make sense?) but I can hear them speak to me in the back of my mind. Sometimes it's quiet and subtle, sometimes it's really loud. I often will get images of them in my head as well. Hethert uses imagery the most often. I'll get a flash of an image of Hethert's face displaying whatever emotion she's trying to get across to me. Like others have said, I get "god feels" too. Sometimes I'll get sudden overwhelming emotions and I just know it's them telling me something.

Sometimes I can feel their presence with me physically and I know that they are trying to draw my attention to something nearby. I don't actually see them but I can sense them there, the energy in the air changes. That happens the most often with Set and Yinepu.

Set's definitely the loudest of them all  ;D
Senui-iryi  (Iryi)
Sat Sobek-Ra her Hethert-Sekhmet,
Meryt Set her Yinepu-Wepwawet her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
𓆋 𓁥  𓁣 𓁢 𓋔
Sau apprentice

Offline AnomanderRake

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 12:32:56 pm »
Thanks!
What I experienced was my name being said, not quietly, in more the left side of my mind. So it could be me going nuts or communication :D

LORD!

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 12:58:51 pm »
I experience my name being called out sometimes as well. It's not that I exactly hear it "out loud," but it's a voice that is not like my thoughts, and it's usually loud and rushing when it happens (which is not terribly often).

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

Offline Abhenaisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 01:34:30 pm »
Em hotep!

I have always felt like I was fortunate to be able to "hear" the gods like I do. But I know from my readings that I am clairaudient and so I have a greater skill at this. Sobek speaks to me often. He first came to me in a dream and it was a very vivid message. He warned me against those I should be wary of. He then closed this dream by sitting with me, on my living room couch, watching my very favourite but incredibly ridiculous favourite youtube show with me until I woke up. I knew then that He would always have a sense of humour and say "I may look scary and I am here for your protection, but never feel like you have to be afraid". And in fact, I do converse with Him more casually than one might expect. He feels very much like a "cool dad" and when I get physical signs it's always something that'll make me laugh. He brightens things up, like He knew I'd know seeing a lizard on the porch out of its season would make me think of Him, but he didn't just show me the lizard, He had the lizard do what looked like "pushups" (though it was obviously a display behaviour, of course) but that's all I needed to see to know it was Him telling me to lighten up and also toughen up.

He also makes things pop into my head while I'm doing readings when it'll be something relevant to something He would want to send a message out for.

Others are a little more subtle. I don't "hear" Heru as much but I know He's around. He sends me falcons or makes me notice them everywhere. In that way He kind of makes me come to Him if it's about myself. If it's for others He lets me know WHY he's bombarding a reading with falcons. He fees very much like a brother figure to me, which I appreciate.

Sekhmet has recently made Her presence more known to me but I am still trying to hear Her. She doesn't speak as much as She listens. When I'm very upset about something I tend to call on Her like another mother. I used to think I should go to Aset for that but I was nudged in Sekhmet's direction. I am glad for that and I hope She speaks more directly to me in the future, when I'm ready.

Set has recently come to me and that is something that was a bit tumultuous for awhile. He brought an extremely powerful lesson for which I am grateful. He feels to me like another, elder brother. He is the one I respect and see His strength now and I know is going to pick on me as brothers do but so He can make me stronger too. He hasn't been as loud as of yet, but the more I've given this thought I feel like He is aware that I kind of need that right now? He has NO issue being outspoken if someone else has offended me and by extension Him, however (in matters of people judging my spirituality)! XD

In general when Netjer speak it'll be a nagging thought that didn't come from me but won't go away. When I ponder it I can usually tell who is speaking. At least when it comes to those four. I am working on trying to listen for other messages so I don't potentially miss things from the others or mis-attribute them to someone else. :)

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 11:56:39 pm »
I rarely hear words, per se.. I call it 'nudges'.. Just a feeling that I know is not my own that pushes me towards something. I have a mixed Pantheon, but mama Bast is (and will always be) my number one lady... They all seem to communicate in much the same manner, for me, but the.. I guess tone of it? Not sure that's quite the right word.. Anyway, it's different for each of them.

Satbast (Daughter of Bast)
Sat Bast, Meryt Ptah
"The wildest of the wild things was the Cat. He walked by himself, and all places were alike to him." -Rudyard Kipling

Offline Kheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 08:25:22 am »
For me, I will usually get feelings and emotions. Djehuty tends to use scent to get to me. If he's present I smell sweet oranges. I especially know its Him when we have no oranges in the house. Set is usually emotions. I can feel He is around, the room gets "charged" feeling. Like as though there is static. Sometimes you get a heavy pine or cedar scent in the room. Rarely do I ever get voices from anyone.
Kheruneferdjehuty
"Djehuty's Voice is Beautiful"
Sa Djehuty
Mery Sekhmet-Hethert, Aset-Serqet , Heqet, Bast, Set,  her Sokar

Offline Subani

• Shemsu
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 09:34:46 am »
I will usually hear Mama Bast in a variety of ways, and She is the one I get the most direct communication from. I hear Her audibly, I feel Her presence, sometimes I snse Her like a great warm hug, sometimes it is a wry little chuckle. Very rarely do I not feel Her at all.

Wepwawet comes to me in strange ways. He has a very masculine presence, and often reminds me of my husband. I'm not sure I have ever really heard Him, but when describing Him I often feel as if He is putting the words in my mouth,and that I am speaking for Him, and not myself. If any of my beloveds were prone to ritual posession it would most likely be Him. I also look to Him for comfort when I am feeling anxiety about death, and in those moments He comes to me as a large canid,thickly furred and warm, with a combination of love and a "stop being so silly" attitude.

Set is only rarely with me. I think I have spoken to Him maybe twice, both times when I was needing a bit of a slap.From what I recall, He was a bit of a diva, demanding and fabulous, with complete control.

Amun I have only begun to understand, and under the advice of Noof, I have begun to try to connect with His ram form, in an attempt to understand Him better.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 09:37:01 am by Daughter »
Sat Bast meryt Amun, Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set
(7/22/07)
Subaenibast
Bast causes Herself to be revealed to me
(6/27/18)

Offline Sonebiyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 06:27:51 pm »
I deal with more feelings, no talking really, it's interesting because it can be very strong.
"Yinepu heals me"
Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet
Beloved of Amun-Ra, Heru-Wer, Sokar-Wesir, and Sekhmet-Mut

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304032
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal