collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 63
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Losing beloveds  (Read 7457 times)

Offline Riley.rifle

• Remetj
Losing beloveds
« on: March 06, 2016, 12:14:47 am »
Em hotep all,

I was wondering, since we know we can gain beloveds, can we lose them too? I once was very close to a certain name, and now not so much.

Obviously, I haven't been divined so there's no telling what's already happened. My best guess is that She taught me what I needed to know and has moved on to help another who needs Her more. Is that possible? Or am I just confused on what a beloved is?

Anyways, thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts and Senebty.
🙌☀
Dua Ra!
Dua Netjer!
~_^

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
Re: Losing beloveds
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 02:35:25 am »
From what I understand, we don't lose Beloveds. They are in it for life. If a deity comes then goes because you've learned everything they needed to teach you, it's likely they weren't a Beloved. The shaping Beloveds do with us is an ongoing and lifelong process that doesn't end.

Hope this helps!
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 08:35:38 am »
Beloveds can get off, but this is very particular and hard to happen. When we take a RPD, they make a promisse of to be with us, which they won't leave us alone for anything. That's how I understand, anyway.
Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 09:18:45 am »
As far as I know it has never happened that a Beloved "left" someone after divination. Just because a Name is in your life doesn't mean They will come up in your divination. And it also doesn't mean They do not care for you any less.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Riley.rifle

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 01:03:08 pm »
Thanks for all the answers you guys.

I guess I'm just a little confused as to what a beloved is versus a parent deity. The idea of one or two deities that are similar to one's parents makes a lot of sense to me. Beloveds seem a bit more mysterious to me.

There is, of course, the possibility that I just can't hear Her and she is still around. My godphone has been a little weak for a while now.
That's part of why I'm here.

I'm not too worried about it. I was more curious about it than anything else. I know all our gods are awesome and I'm sure that when I do get divined I'll be very happy with whomever shows up.

I really appreciate the supportive answers. Thank you again, all of you. 
🙌☀
Dua Ra!
Dua Netjer!
~_^

Offline Rayashi

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 02:56:39 pm »

Thanks for all the answers you guys.

I guess I'm just a little confused as to what a beloved is versus a parent deity. The idea of one or two deities that are similar to one's parents makes a lot of sense to me. Beloveds seem a bit more mysterious to me.

I look at it like this.  My parent is the one who created and claimed me.  He is a huge part of who I am and how I spiritually practice.  Beloveds raise their hands (kind of like god parents) in an oath to help take care of you.  They are in it for the long haul.  For example, my father is Ra.  He created me.  My beloveds are Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, and Sokar-Wesir and they all wanted to be apart of my life.
Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Etsy

Offline Rayashi

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 03:00:02 pm »

There is, of course, the possibility that I just can't hear Her and she is still around. My godphone has been a little weak for a while now.
That's part of why I'm here.

I'm not too worried about it. I was more curious about it than anything else. I know all our gods are awesome and I'm sure that when I do get divined I'll be very happy with whomever shows up.

Some people never "hear" the Netjeru.  That doesn't mean they aren't there!  I know it's hard to believe at times.
The divination itself is intensely emotional.  Even if the line up doesn't make sense at first, with meditation over time, you'll slowly start to understand why each of the names choose to show up.

Etsy

Offline Riley.rifle

• Remetj
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 06:21:47 pm »
Rayashi,
The godparents thing never even occurred to me, but that does make a lot of sense now that I think about it. I guess I am a little attached to the name in question, but, again, I'm not too worried.

I'm still getting used to the idea of the RPD in general. Its hard to trust someone else to divine something so personal. I'm also very used to the whole "do what you want" type nature of modern paganism. I was wiccan for something like ten years. (I started my spiritual journey rather young.)

So the whole concept of the RPD is still a little foreign to me. That's a big part of why I'm not rushing to get my RPD. Well, that's pretty much all of it actually.

Once I found out Kemeticism was an actual thing, I knew that was what I was supposed to do. I've loved Egyptian culture since I was a little girl. But Wicca had started to feel a bit more like playing at religion than an actual religion. I think partially from that "do what you want" attitude.

But I digress, my point is that I know that these are the gods I was meant to worship. So taking a vow to serve them (as I've already done so personally) isn't that big a deal, because I've already decided to do so.

So the only thing that's keeping me from doing the RPD right away is that I'm not sure how to feel about the RPD and I'm trying not to rush too much. I feel good about where I am now, but I know there is much work to be done still.

I'm sorry that got a bit off topic. But thank you for your input. The godparent comparison is quite helpful, actually.
🙌☀
Dua Ra!
Dua Netjer!
~_^

Offline A'Aqytsekhmet

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 06:27:53 pm »
On a side note, all the Names love and care for us. In the end you can love as many as you want. The RPD does not stop you from that.
Sat Sekhmet-Nebetuu meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Zazzle Shop - Patreon[

Offline Rayashi

Losing beloveds
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2016, 07:27:40 pm »
You bring up a fantastic point, Riley.rifle.  I asked the question when I was a fresh Shemsu, "why do we have an RPD."  The response was (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that we do the RPD because in antiquety, the homes and regions had gods associated with them and since we don't have that today, They communicated with Hemet (AUS) about how to perform this modern day acceptable rite.

Etsy

Offline Riley.rifle

• Remetj
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 08:31:43 pm »
I had heard something to the same effect. But I keep forgetting about it. Plus I was a bit unsure of the veracity of the statement. But that would make sense as region would play a large part in which gods one would worship in antiquity. And we have no modern day equivalent.
🙌☀
Dua Ra!
Dua Netjer!
~_^

Offline Tahai

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 08:49:56 pm »
RPD is a huge step, and, as I'm sure you've heard a hundred times, is not a requirement to belong to our faith.

Take as much time with it as you need, and ask as many questions as you need.  If you never come to an acceptance of it, that's ok.  One thing I've learned from watching over the years is that the people who don't trust it going in, don't trust it coming out, and that's a true shame.  Not trusting in the response you get will sour your relationship with the Netjeru. I feel it is better to abstain from the divination than to go into it with a 'we'll see what I think after' attitude.

Also, please keep this in the front of your mind:  Just because a God is not a Parent or Beloved does not mean they are not a Friend.  And as we all know, friends can have as much impact on our lives as family.

You can see my family in my signature below.  In addition to them, I have a strong love for Khnum, Ptah, Nebt-het, Wesir, Nut, Geb, Shu, Set, Heru-Wer, and Khepera.  These Names all play significant roles in my life, despite being 'only Friends' :)

Blessings and Best Wishes,
TahaiBast
Daughter of Bast.  Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Djehuty, and Sekhmet-Hethert.

Self-care Sekhmet and Sobek-Ra Keeper

Feed the Ka Association (FKA)

Offline Riley.rifle

• Remetj
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 09:14:09 pm »
Since everyone is being so helpful in answering, I'm going to ask another question. This one specifically for the divined among you.

Did the results of your RPD click with you right away? Or did it take some time to figure out how all your names fit?
🙌☀
Dua Ra!
Dua Netjer!
~_^

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 09:23:37 pm »
Oh mine clicked right away, I was working with them prior to the RPD, well everyone aside from Khepra, he showed up before I sent in my RPD and then was part of my line.
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Fedw diviner

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2016, 09:24:49 pm »
The only deity I had worked with before in my lineup was Sobek, and everyone else I had to slowly get to know and warm up to. With the exception of Khnum, who became a Beloved after by choice. I was already close to him before I accepted being his Beloved.
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3011
  • stats Total Posts: 289050
  • stats Total Topics: 19612
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 112
  • stats Most Online: 217