collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 22
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Akhu color associations  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
Akhu color associations
« on: February 24, 2016, 10:23:19 am »
Em hotep everyone,

I'm working on my akhu shrine, and I was just wondering if there was a specific color that was more appropriate for the dead than others?  They sell some affordable colored glass bowels at a local antiques shop, and i was gonna pick up a pair for offerings.

Senebty,
Michael

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
Re: Akhu color associations
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 10:49:07 am »
Personally I use dark blue coloured bowl which I decorated with golden stars, to represent my Akhu who are shining like gold in the belly of Nut.
but any colour is fine
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 11:45:11 am »
Em Hotep Arrestos,

Rev. Tanebet makes an excellent suggestion. Dark blue and adding gold stars works very well. I have a green candle holder that I use for Wesir, and my other bowls for offerings are often white.

Senebty!
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Meresinepu

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 10:17:52 pm »
Em hotep Arrestos,

Regarding the Akhu shrines those can be personalized (they don't have to be say all white or all black). 

I'm a Yinepu kid ...so I have a whole wall dedicated to my family and friends (fur babies and human [separated spaces]) with their pictures by their offering bowls.  I put a painting of Nut with her arms outstretched over the sky (akhu stars) on the top of the wall and everything else is underneath that.

For the offering bowls...some of my ancestors had particular colors they liked so I use that for them but in a pinch white is a good color to go with, but again as long as you have one bowl for wet offerings and one for dry you are good to go.

The Akhu shrines can be simple or not ...again that is entirely up to you on how you set it up and decorate/use it. 

Black for me is the Nun or the Duat ...and the gold stars represent the blessed dead or "shining ones."

I also keep a bowl out for Yinepu as he is the one that helps the dead cross over so I offer him work for his services (when I'm adding a new addition to my akhu shrines) but again how you set it up is up to you.

You should get a few more posts on this question (it's a good one).

Hope that helps.

Senebty
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 09:44:18 pm »
Em hotep!

The shrine cloth for my Akhu shrine is a sheer blue cloth that has gold stars all over it. I have a few small statues of Gods that reside on the shrine with things related to, or belonging to, my Akhu. I have a tall green candle for Wesir, and two small, clear glass, star shaped tea light holders, as well as a clear glass, star shaped bowl for water offerings.

My shrine has a lot of blue, and gold stars, to remind me of the Shining Ones in the belly of Nut. The clear glass for me represents the fact that although I cannot see them, they are still there, shining.

Mostly I find that the more personal my Akhu shrine is, the more easy it is for me to connect with them.

Hopefully that helps. Sorry for the delay, I just saw this!

Senebty! •henu•
~TabauAmunet
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3507
  • stats Total Posts: 304435
  • stats Total Topics: 21169
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal