collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Does anyone use tarot cards?  (Read 6931 times)

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
Re: Does anyone use tarot cards?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 02:23:55 pm »

How do I use heka? (I'm a total noob)
I'll have to try salt water then :D thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, forgot you're not a Remetj yet!

You can employ heka very simply without getting so complex.  Just speak clearly and loudly, like you're forcing the effect to come about, and "command" certain things to come about.  Command that your readings be accurate, that you connect with the mind of God and be able to divine the right sticks/cards to choose.  A command is the ultimate force of will and in some magical schools of thought, your will is the most important aspect of making magical work come about. 

But....heka isn't quite "magic".  You'll get more into it as you progress through the Beginner's class.  Tehuti might be an appropriate deity to call upon if you were to call on a God.  It is thought His books were the basis for the Tarot cards as a form of divination ( if I'm not mistaken).  He knows secret things and is very knowledgeable by nature but any deity you like would work. 

Hope this helps

Awesome, thanks so much!
Thanks for all the help guys, i really appreciate it :D

tell us how it goes!
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 05:18:06 pm »
How do I use heka? (I'm a total noob)
I'll have to try salt water then :D thanks

Also, since this can never be shared enough in my opinion, avail yourself of a free and legal copy of the definitive work on heka. It's deep reading, yes, and a resource you'll be glad to have.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Tatjasobekra

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 11:07:57 pm »
I use Tarot off and on and have been for 16ish years. I prefer oracle methods though - oracle cards (I have the Golden Moth Illumination Deck coming in next week, very excited for those), dice (I use dice for I Ching readings), etc.
Sat Sobek-Ra
Meryt Wadjet, Djehuty, Bast her Aset-Serqet

Mudang (korean shaman-priest) ; God Divination, Kut Ceremony, Prayerwork by appointment.
{ themudang.com | ig@themudang }

Offline AnomanderRake

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2016, 12:21:08 am »

tell us how it goes!

Uh, it's not really working :D
For the purposes of practise what kind of things would you guys suggest trying to divine for or ask? Something external or internal? Relating to you or someone else? Past present or future? What's the easiest? :P

Do divinations you already know the answer to work? Like yes/no is the cover of this book blue?

I haven't tried Heka yet because I think it'd be really awkward with my mum hearing. I'd be self conscious and she wouldn't approve :P I will try it at some point soon, hopefully.

Thanks so much

LORD!

Offline Subani

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2016, 09:09:24 am »
I personally have found that the online tarot cards are just as accurate as the ones I held in my hands. That being said, I am fairly comfortable with digital magic, and have been working with sacred technology for almost 15 years now (goodness, I am getting old).
Sat Bast meryt Amun, Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set
(7/22/07)
Subaenibast
Bast causes Herself to be revealed to me
(6/27/18)

Offline Rev. Sema'a

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 09:25:47 am »
Em hotep!

What about it isn't working?

Remember that, like all things worth doing, Tarot takes practice to build skill. Very few people have an instant, intuitive grasp of reading cards. Keep your guidebook close by while you're reading and see what they say. Start by doing a daily draw, perhaps -- pull a card or two to forecast what your day will be like. Ask your friends and family if they will ask you questions to help you practice. Over time, you'll become familiar with the meanings of the cards and won't need the guidebook as often. :)

Senebty,
Sobeq
Sema'a Ankh Hen'a Semawy (Sobeqsenu)
W'ab Nekhen Ib Imau-sen
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut, Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2016, 11:45:01 am »

Uh, it's not really working :D
For the purposes of practise what kind of things would you guys suggest trying to divine for or ask? Something external or internal? Relating to you or someone else? Past present or future? What's the easiest? :P

Do divinations you already know the answer to work? Like yes/no is the cover of this book blue?

I haven't tried Heka yet because I think it'd be really awkward with my mum hearing. I'd be self conscious and she wouldn't approve :P I will try it at some point soon, hopefully.

Thanks so much

Em hotep,

Personally, and this seems to be common amongst Tarot readers I've talked with, we have a REAL problem trying to do divinations for ourselves.  It's easier for us to do divinations for other people. 

And I've noticed a lot of people who use Tarot will not use it for "yes" or "no" questions.  But...past, present, and future are pretty open game.  Maybe future is harder for beginners? 

Others see Tarot and Oracle cards as a way to examine your inner thoughts and emotions and not as a "solid" (?) form of divination.  But with divination, be open.  If you ask a question, be open to hearing the Truth even if it isn't what you want to hear.

Everyone's made good suggestions.  Try your hardest with Tarot and take it slow.  If it doesn't work out, try Oracle cards.  If that doesn't work, try pendulum divination.  I personally use a necklace I have for pendulum divination and I've found it reliable. 

The resource one of the above Shemsu made on heka is *the* source to read for good heka. 

Hope this helps you.
Senebty.
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3306
  • stats Total Posts: 299262
  • stats Total Topics: 20533
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119