collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 51
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: How do you know if you have a new Beloved?  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
How do you know if you have a new Beloved?
« on: March 16, 2016, 10:17:00 pm »
Em hotep!

This question is aimed at the already divined. 

Some of you describe knowing when a Name has taken interest as a new Beloved.  How do you know that?  Does the God tell you or is it something you just "feel" or "know"?

Don't mean to sound cynical or skeptical.  I'm a very curious person by nature.  And I'm also not divined yet so I have no way of understanding this connection to its' fullest. 

Senebty! 
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Offline Mehetibeminpu

• Shemsu-Ankh
How do you know if you have a new Beloved?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 09:36:38 pm »
Hotep

Well different people have had different experiences. Some start working with that God and ask them to be a beloved. Some just have a god take an interest in them and ask for offerings and things. Or like in my case they simply grab us and tell us and others

Hopefully some of the other folks will chime in.

And if a person has one they think might be a new beloved Hemet does a divination to be sure

I hope that helps

Mehet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sat  Yinepu/Wepwawet
Meryt Hethert/Sekhmet her Serqet/Aset
Heri-Sesheta Yinepu

Online Rev. Saryt

• Sema Kau Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
Re: How do you know if you have a new Beloved?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 07:45:57 am »
Mehet summed it up quite well! In my case, Heqat was introduced to me by Rev. Mesetibes, who had sculpted these tiny frog icons out of paper clay for everyone  at Retreat a few years ago. As soon as she handed me the little frog, I started in on this long, excited, verbal explosion of all the things I was going to *create*! And after that, Heqat never really left. :)

I've had other gods step forward after my RPD, who also played a significant role in my life, but they all stepped back again after the "project" in question was completed. Heqat keeps finding new lessons for me and She's almost constantly present in whatever part of my mental head space is reserved for communicating with Netjer ;)

That constancy, as well as the profound changes She enacted in my life (in terms of self-care, changing careers, and more), inspired me to ask Hemet about the divination to confirm whether or not She was a new Beloved. And in Her case (true to how I generally perceive Her personality) the divinations revealed that She was happy to join my line-up, but very much made it my own choice to decide. <3

I hope that all makes sense!
Rev. Sarytsenuwi
(Standardbearer of my Two | Porta-estandarte de meus Dois)
Sat Set her Bast | Meryt Heru-wer, Hethert-Nut, her Heqat
W'ab Nekhen Medetsen net Nekh | Fedw for Set and Bast

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 09:53:17 am »
Mehet summed it up quite well! In my case, Heqat was introduced to me by Rev. Mesetibes, who had sculpted these tiny frog icons out of paper clay for everyone  at Retreat a few years ago. As soon as she handed me the little frog, I started in on this long, excited, verbal explosion of all the things I was going to *create*! And after that, Heqat never really left. :)

I've had other gods step forward after my RPD, who also played a significant role in my life, but they all stepped back again after the "project" in question was completed. Heqat keeps finding new lessons for me and She's almost constantly present in whatever part of my mental head space is reserved for communicating with Netjer ;)

That constancy, as well as the profound changes She enacted in my life (in terms of self-care, changing careers, and more), inspired me to ask Hemet about the divination to confirm whether or not She was a new Beloved. And in Her case (true to how I generally perceive Her personality) the divinations revealed that She was happy to join my line-up, but very much made it my own choice to decide. <3

I hope that all makes sense!

Em Hotep Saryt,

I remember that day very vividly. Both in the giving of the hand-made frogs and when Hemet was able to divine the Beloved for you. I could hear Mother in the back of my mind with "FINALLY."

As I recall though, I was short a frog, and the one you were given actually was given to Tenu, your long-time sibling. So I think that frog was supposed to come to you, no matter where it had gone. :D

Senebty!
~Rev. Mesetibes
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 02:00:39 pm »
Thank you all for your responses.

I posted because I read a post by someone on the forum who said they thought another God had taken interest and I was wondering if anyone else had figured out if a new Beloved had taken interest and how.

Thank you for your answers.  You've given me a lot to think about :)
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298624
  • stats Total Topics: 20473
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything