Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: What are your opinions on witchcraft/magic?  (Read 11857 times)

Offline Zemity

• Shemsu
Re: What are your opinions on witchcraft/magic?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 05:33:46 am »
Just sayin - talking to Netjeri/ spirits is quite a low-key thing (the way I do it anyways). It just takes listening, and possibly some small offerings.
 If you look around, there are also resources for witching activities that are discreet/ small scale - sigil magic, etc. The beauty of witchcraft is that you can make your own practise, and it doesnt have to involve elaborate rituals or anything.
I doubt youd suck at any of these things if you researched and just kept practising, even if you dont think its working.

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk

Zemity
"(of the) two desert ones"

Son of Serqet-Aset and Set
Beloved of Djehuty, Khnum and Heru-Wer

Self-care Serqet-Aset and Heru-Wer Keeper

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 06:33:16 am »
To continue with Zemity's words, not many people excel at such skills from the start. It takes cultivating. You can work on spiritual interaction without a lot of tools but I would make some recommendations. Keep your living area clean and learn spiritual cleansing techniques. Salt works wonders for this.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Zemity

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 08:56:01 am »
Ooh, ooh! (Sorry for jumping back on this but I just remembered)
If youre going to spirit work, its also veeeery much advised to learn some shielding and banishing techniques, just in case things get hairy. Happily, different versions of these are all a simple google search away

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk

Zemity
"(of the) two desert ones"

Son of Serqet-Aset and Set
Beloved of Djehuty, Khnum and Heru-Wer

Self-care Serqet-Aset and Heru-Wer Keeper

Offline Roy

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 08:36:09 am »
To continue with Zemity's words, not many people excel at such skills from the start. It takes cultivating. You can work on spiritual interaction without a lot of tools but I would make some recommendations. Keep your living area clean and learn spiritual cleansing techniques. Salt works wonders for this.
What does spiritual cleansing do exactly? Also, what's essential about clean living space? (I live with a hoarder, yet I may have to protect myself)

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 10:04:30 am »
Cleansing is, in general, clearing of foreign energy. So cleansing yourself of negative or other person's energies can be beneficial to your own energy, energy body, and physical body. There are many spiritual paths out there that value purity, Shinto being one and we here in KO even stress purity in shrine activities. The cleansing we do before Senut and before major dua is a tyupe of spiritual cleansing.

Now the reasons we become impure are many. In Shinto belief as we move through our everyday life we can pick up impurity (kegare). Cleansing in Shinto is an act of energy and productivity.

Why people recommend cleaning the house is because from an energetic standpoint it represents you. Your body, spirit, and mind. It can impact you. Many times after cleaning a home you feel lighter and your mind also feels clearer. Then there is the Fen Shui pov. In which have a home clean and items placed in a certain way can help the flow of energy in your home.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

Offline Senui-Iry-I

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 11:48:53 pm »

YES, this. I've been practicing witchcraft for over 10 years and I am just recently feeling that I've got a good grasp on it. Not everyone is a natural, some times you have to work pretty hard at it. It was difficult to practice when I started because I lived with family and didn't have much time to dedicate to it (and had to hide it), but in the past few years that I've lived with my boyfriend I've been able to put more time into it.

Practice makes perfect! Learn the basics, centering, grounding, shielding and then move forward from there. I'm a big proponent of learning through trial and error, but that's just my personal take on it.
Senui-iryi  (Iryi)
Sat Sobek-Ra her Hethert-Sekhmet,
Meryt Set her Yinepu-Wepwawet her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
𓆋 𓁥  𓁣 𓁢 𓋔
Sau apprentice

Offline Ludna

• Remetj
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 02:21:39 am »
Withcraft, as all things, is a practice. Therefore it depends how you use it.. You can use it for good or you can use it for bad. It is entirely up to you how you will use it!

I am fairly new to Witchcraft; I have always been into Occultism but I started practising three years ago. Witchcraft is the reason why I got in touch with the Divine again, it gave me a completely new vision of the world and its surroundings.

If you want to have a "beginner" approach, I'd suggest to look for Wicca. It is a religion, more than a practice, but it is really straight forward. :) I use Wicca spells quite a lot.

Ludna the Stryx

☽Born in Italy, living in the UK, raised by wolves. ☾

Offline Asetzeresi

• Shemsu
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 01:40:18 am »
I'm a Wiccan High Priestess and I practice magic, and no, these two things are not synonymous with one another, but most Wiccan's do practice magic. I've been practicing for about 9 years, and what I've come to understand about witchcraft is that the energy used most often is neutral. Its how you imprint on it with intention that leaves with a sense of negativity or positivity.... of course this is subject to your perceptions of what is negative and positive as well to some degree.
What many people don't understand about the craft is that nearly anything you do can be made into a simple spell, provided the intention and energy is properly engaged to this end. Witchcraft doesn't have to be big, grandiose ceremonies with conjured spirits and the like. When you understand the basics of magic, you understand its simply another form of naturally occurring energy used to create a desired result.... not evil, just different and not well understood by science, if at all considered by most divisions of science at this time.
Aside from how I believe magic works, witchcraft/witch are loaded terms. I use them all the time cause I don't care what people think anymore (out of the broom closet) but I'd be naïve to think that there still aren't people in my community, in what I would generally describe as a liberal city, that will seriously dislike me simply for embracing the terms/practice.
The brainwashing, fear- mongering and persecutions that took place in the middle of the last millennium  really took its toll, and unfortunately is still fed by certain religious groups/people, and pop culture today.
Asetzeresi (Aset Awakens Me)
Sat Aset-Serqet, meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun-Ra, her Bast.

Offline Mesetibes

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 11:34:34 am »
Em Hotep,

Physical and Spiritual purity, specifically from a Kemetic Orthodox stand-point, work from a Seen and Unseen world duality. We can affect the Unseen World by things we do in the Seen World, and vice versa. I can't speak on the Witchcraft point of view, because I do not practice Witchcraft.

We physically clean ourselves to remove dirt, grime and ick through the day, and the act of physically doing so cleans the mind and spirit. The spiritual part comes in during the water and natron prayer. The physical removal affects the change in the Unseen world.

This is why people are telling you that in order for things to work, you need to do both.

Senebty!
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 08:36:32 am »
I do practice magic but I don't consider myself a "witch".  "Witch" ties into too many modern ideas I don't have any interest in.

I can understand fears surrounding magic.  When you move, work, and raise energy, you are going to attract attention to yourself in the Unseen World.  In some cases, this is good and the Netjeri may feel more compelled to work for you if you include offerings to Them in your working.  Otherwise, learning basic banishing and cleansing techniques may help you out.  Putting up wards and keeping ritual natron or salt nearby can help you.

I've had decent success with my magical practice.  Anything can be turned into a spell.  Elaborate rituals aren't always necessary.  Though from personal experience, you may need to do a working more than once for it to be effective. 
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3313
  • stats Total Posts: 299442
  • stats Total Topics: 20548
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955