collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 66
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: For Myshkin  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Gezausenu

For Myshkin
« on: September 24, 2016, 09:49:06 am »
Em hotep nefer, all!

I hope you're well. I'm sorry for my absence of late: I've been moving cities and that's led to... well. Lots of things.

However, I humbly ask today that you keep my Myshkin, my little St. Bernard, in your prayers. Moving has highlighted to me the simple fact that I can't give him the life he deserves, due to logistical/physical/mental-health circumstances beyond my control. I'd be gone so, so much because of work/taking the bus and I'd be sore and tired at the end of the day, too-much so for long walks. That's not fair to him, that's not me taking care of him, and even hiring a dog-walker can't really change the fact that I just can't care for him in the capacity he needs.

So, I contacted his breeder--an amazing woman, I have so much respect for her--and she found a family for him--friends of hers, actually. A stay-at-home couple in the country with two dogs. The minute I heard about them I knew Myshkin would have a much, much better life with them than I can give him now and for the foreseeable future. Apparently his new momma cried when she heard about him, and that he would be theirs.

This has been one of the hardest decisions I've ever made. It's not his fault that my life didn't go where I thought it would when I first got him at two months old (oh, how it's changed . . .). It's not my fault, either. It just is. It's a hard mercy.

I'd appreciate prayers for his new life. He's only eleven months old now, and a pretty laid-back wogdog, so I have high hopes that he'll adjust quickly. Plus, with two siblings to play with, I hope that he'll be having so much fun he won't notice much my absence.

Thank you, everyone, so, so much.
Senebty,
Gezausenu.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 12:22:54 pm by Gezausenu »
I have left the House, but free services for Papa Set and Mama Sekhmet will always be offered to anyone who asks. Please e-mail me at gezausenu@gmail.com if you need anything at all. Ever. <3

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: For Myshkin
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 11:42:03 am »
Prayers for Myshkin and for you, Gezausenu, in your new situation.  Many blessings to you, too!

Senebty,
Neheh
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Gezausenu

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 12:25:12 pm »
Thank you, Neheh. <3 He's a pretty resilient boy, and so young, he'll be okay.

The apartment feels very empty without him, though. :(
I have left the House, but free services for Papa Set and Mama Sekhmet will always be offered to anyone who asks. Please e-mail me at gezausenu@gmail.com if you need anything at all. Ever. <3

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 03:24:57 pm »
prayers
Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Tazemihen'asenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 03:55:42 pm »
Sending prayers! I hope a life full of fun to him (and to you too)!
Senebty,
Daniele
Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 05:13:30 pm »
Prayers for you and for Myshkin.
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Offline Awibemhethert

• Rev Ellen, Ordained Priest - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
For Myshkin
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 05:16:34 pm »
Prayers for him and you. I understand the pain and hardness of your choice. I sometimes wonder if I'm a good parent to my dog with how much I'm away and my limitations. I don't know that I could make that decision. You have done a really tough thing. Good for you putting Myshkin's needs first. I pray for him. And I pray for you.

Ibi (Awibemhethert)

Self Care Hethert Keeper
Rev Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline Gezausenu

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 07:01:13 pm »
Thank you all so much. I kept myself busy this afternoon, but I think now... getting into the evening... that's when it'll hit me.

I worry that my family will see this as me shirking my responsibilities or something (my dad can be very judgmental that way--he doesn't understand the concept of waking up with only a few spoons in your hand), so I'm worried about that... I keep telling myself that I did what I thought was right and if my dad (or anyone) has issues with it, well, them's their issues?

I just keep picturing Myshkin running around like a dork with a German Shepherd and an English Bulldog and can't help but smile. :) So, there's that. <3

Thank you all again.
Senebty,
Gezausenu.

Online Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 06:15:44 pm »
Prayers and sympathy.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Arefsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 08:39:06 am »
Prayers.
"Enclosed by Two"
Sat Bast her Wepwawet-Yinepu
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert her Heru-sa-Aset
Reiki I student & professionally accredited crystal healer

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 12:28:21 pm »
Prayers for you and Myshkin.  I know how hard it can be to give away a pet.  But he will be loved and cared for by someone who will do as good of a job as you would if you were in better condition.  He will feel their love and care and their love and care is from you since you recognize your limits and want to give him a good life.  He will be happy and healthy and that's reason for you to feel the same. 

Inbox is open if you'd like to talk
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Offline Gezausenu

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 04:01:55 pm »
Thank you, everyone. <3 Honestly, I'm feeling much better about it now, and am so grateful for your prayers and support.

Senebty,
Gezausenu.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2934
  • stats Total Posts: 286154
  • stats Total Topics: 19403
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything