collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Approaching Nebthet  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
Approaching Nebthet
« on: May 14, 2016, 10:45:05 am »
Em hotep everyone

I've been trying to approach Names that I'm not so familiar with and at the moment, I am trying to approach Nebthet but I'm not entirely sure on how to do so.

I know about offerings and various associations She has but my larger questions are about how She communicates or makes Herself known.  If you have experience with Her, how does She tend to communicate with you?  What is She like?

I have only a few experiences with Her and I think I've felt Her presence before as a child but I haven't gone as deep with Her as I have other Gods. 

Thank you and senebty

Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Approaching Nebthet
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 08:07:17 am »
Hello, friend! I've recently acquired a Nebthet; maybe I can be of some help? ^^;

(I've had some difficulty communicating as of late, so I apologize if this sounds totally bizarre ;.; )

I'd recommend sitting down for a chat with Nebthet. Introduce yourself and let her know that you're interested in her, just as you might do with a friend. Bread and cool water are staple offerings, but I've heard that she's rather fond of Cheetos. I'm not big on Cheetos, myself, so I've been giving pomegranate juice instead.

I'm told that she is very quiet, and that few have ever heard her "speak." I've never "heard" her like I have with Set (he's louddd), or dreamed of her, or anything like that. When Nebthet came into my life, she did so with a flood of physical imagery; I kept running into pictures of her, discussions about her, pictures of things I might associate with her. She also communicates heavily through music. For me, she likes light, girly pop, but she can be quite diverse. Depends on "which" Nebthet you get. ^^;

I find her to be, above all, compassionate. She's an others-before-self sort of person, and focuses heavily on supporting those around her. When she pops up, she's pretty much always laying on the encouragement. It doesn't seem that her Duat-ness is particularly important for me, personally; I'm almost entirely focused on the Seen, with the exception of working with Akhu. My Akhu are important. Apparently this lack of Duat-ness is pretty unusual? Why [would I get] Nebthet rather than any of the many compassionate, non-Duat-related NTR? Who knows! :D

If you'd like more information on Nebthet, Hemet's book, "Lady of the House," may be of interest to you. Her page on Wepwawet Wiki can be found here. You can also contact Imyutimuti, our Nebthet Guy.
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | Tjemsy@kemet.org

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 10:19:06 am »
Em hotep Tjemsy! 

Thank you for your response.  It means a lot having one of Her beloveds speak ^^

She did seem very quiet in my interactions with Her.  She seems open to my worship or having an interaction but I really appreciate what you've written here about Her.  I just wanted to know what I could expect and you delivered. 

Thank you so much
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 12:46:33 pm »
Em hotep Tjemsy! 

Thank you for your response.  It means a lot having one of Her beloveds speak ^^

She did seem very quiet in my interactions with Her.  She seems open to my worship or having an interaction but I really appreciate what you've written here about Her.  I just wanted to know what I could expect and you delivered. 

Thank you so much

You're welcome! Happy to help. <3
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | Tjemsy@kemet.org

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 12:55:58 pm »
Throwing in some pennies to say I've experienced similar. I have Seshat as a beloved, with a hefty dose of Nit, and occasional sightings of Nebt-het. All three of Them tend to be quiet, and They are all also immense.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 09:54:44 pm »
Dua Zat

Thank you for contributing to this discussion.  I feel closer to Her now.
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 10:08:45 pm »
Em hotep,

In my own UPG, She is like the tension of silence in a room, something that you feel but can't name.  My first experience with Her was in a dream (though I've never seen Her, just heard people talking about Her).  In that first dream, I learned Her Kemetic name before I had ever heard it IRL, and a few months later, I was reading a book and BAM!  There She was.  I guess that what I'm trying to say is that in my own experience, She is indirectly direct.  She appears on the periphery, but then you realize that you've been looking right at Her the entire time.
Senebty,
Michael
-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298624
  • stats Total Topics: 20473
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117