Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 4 months prayer  (Read 12076 times)

Offline Ameni

• Shemsu
Re: 4 months prayer
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2016, 12:14:51 am »
Em hotep,

I would like to second Rayashi.  Continued prayers and support to you, Anupu.

Senebty.
Ameni-itui "Hidden in my Two Fathers"

Sa Set her Yinepu-Wepwawet
Mery Heruakhety her Heru-wer

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2016, 12:31:42 am »
Have you considered long term therapy?  It would be cheaper than hospital stays which are usually to get you through the crisis. 
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Online Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2016, 10:41:56 am »
Seconding Yashi's statements. Also, yes, look into therapy. Having someone impartial to see on a regular basis may provide some extra help.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Sonebiyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2016, 11:55:59 am »
Finding the right therapist is nearly impossible because of my Autism
"Yinepu heals me" - Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet Beloved of Amun-Ra, Heru-Wer and Sokar-Wesir

Sau apprentice

Offline Sopedheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2016, 12:33:07 pm »
Em hotep Anupu..

First off... *BIG HUGS*  to you!  You also have my continued prayers for healing and strength.  As many have stated, treatment (whether by a therapist, Naturopathic Physician - yes, they deal with mental health sometimes as well, or being in a treatment center/hospital) would be a terrific idea.   

The cost of anything medical is always a concern, whether you are autistic, bi-polar, schizophrenic, or any other thing out there that labels us.   But.. there is always hope, and cost can become a non-issue for you.. there are multiple programs you can try and become a part of, and I don't know if you get Medicare/Medicaid or not but if you don't that would be a great first step. 

I have also been in mental hospitals a time or two, there is no shame in it.  We all need help from time to time and there is always a way to do it.. I had no money, no job and got on a federal program ( I don't know if it still exists or not, but I will check for you :) )  So please please don't ever feel defeated.. we are all here to lift each other up, not tear anyone down.  But, to be honest, you have to also be willing to do your part in it too.  We can only pray for you and offer encouragement and advice but it's ultimately up to you what you do with that.  :)

Again, big big hugs to you Anupu :) 
Senebty,
Brad :)
Sopedheru meaning: Heru is skilled

Son of Heru-Wer
Beloved of Set & Knum

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2016, 06:20:43 pm »
I also wanted to throw in that many Churches offer free therapy and they're open to working with a spiritually diverse clientele.  And there are professional businesses that hold a few pro-bono slots in their schedule for people who start but can't afford to continue. 

And of course, like bmorlan said, there are federal programs that can help you see someone more qualified. 
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Offline Sonebiyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2016, 10:00:24 pm »
Thinking about going into IP (inpatient aka a mental hospital)
"Yinepu heals me" - Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet Beloved of Amun-Ra, Heru-Wer and Sokar-Wesir

Sau apprentice

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2016, 11:47:26 pm »
Em Hotep Anupu,

Please please please don't feel like you are a failure. You aren't that, even though there has been a back-slide on your decision to not self-harm. Netjer and we are understanding. You're human, and we have moments when we slide back into habits that many not be healthy for us. The fact that you see that this is not healthy behaviour is the first step in getting the help you feel you need.

Its ok. We're here to offer you support and encouragement, in what-ever decision you make. <3

Senebty!
~Rev. Mesetibes
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Online Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2016, 07:13:41 am »
Anupu, I recommend "partial" or intensive outpatient hospitalization. It is a program where you spend a day in treatment a come home at night, which cuts out the largest cost of inpatient - the room and board cost. Because partials are largely voluntary admittance, they tend to be working harder on their development, with fewer tangents caused by people who have no desire to be there. IOPs can help you find a long term therapist that will be able to better help you.

Do not take things too hard on yourself. Every day, when the sun rises, Ra has defeated A/pep and made a brand new day, Zep Tepi. Every day is your Zep Tepi, and a chance to overcome this. We believe in you!
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast, Sekhmet, & Set
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

Offline Tjesi

• Rev Tjesi - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2016, 09:11:20 am »
<hugs> if acceptable. I agree with Yashi. You are not a failure and none of us is perfect. There is some good information here. I hope you find something that works for you. Continued prayers.

Ibi (Awibemhethert)

Self Care Hethert Keeper
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert (Ibi)

Offline Sonebiyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2016, 11:56:14 am »
Thanks guys

Proud to say I am doing Senut more than once a month
It's a little hard because I have a hard time making changes to my schedule but I'm doing it

Go two more electric candles so now I have two red and two white

But once again guys
Thank you
I'm going to ask my mom to pay for my therapy and help me find the best therapist

Senebty

Sau apprentice

Offline mross

• Remetj
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2016, 06:12:34 pm »
You haven't failed my prayers Anupu. My prayers continue for your healing through relapse etc. I understand. I myself slipped up this week, even after having been clean for months. It happens.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Offline Suwadjsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2016, 07:15:04 pm »
Anupu, I recommend "partial" or intensive outpatient hospitalization. It is a program where you spend a day in treatment a come home at night, which cuts out the largest cost of inpatient - the room and board cost. Because partials are largely voluntary admittance, they tend to be working harder on their development, with fewer tangents caused by people who have no desire to be there. IOPs can help you find a long term therapist that will be able to better help you.

Do not take things too hard on yourself. Every day, when the sun rises, Ra has defeated A/pep and made a brand new day, Zep Tepi. Every day is your Zep Tepi, and a chance to overcome this. We believe in you!

I want to echo the wise words of Kenneferitw in saying that an intensive outpatient / partial hospitalization / day program could be very helpful to you. At these kind of programs I studied CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy), which in turn helped me to gain the skills to reduce self harm and to practice healthy coping skills when I get upset.

A lot of these programs can be accessed through your local department of mental hygiene, so obtaining the number for your county's dept. of mental health is a good first step.

Message me if you have any questions or just want to talk. Any is fine; I'm around quite a lot.
"two refresh me"
Sekhmet & Khonsu
Yinepu & Aset
"When we go before Him, God will ask, 'Where are your wounds?' And we will say, 'I have no wounds.' And God will ask, 'Was there nothing worth fighting for?'"
--Allan Boesak

Offline Awdjerethethert

• Shemsu
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2016, 11:47:44 pm »
Continuing prayers, that you find both strength and whatever assistance you need. It's hard, I know.
Awdjerethethert, a.k.a. Awdjeret. They/them pronouns, please.
Child of Hethert-Sekhmet; beloved of Tefnut and Djehuty

Offline Sema'a

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2016, 01:07:34 pm »
Self-harm is a tough habit to break on your own. A good therapist can help you learn the skills to tolerate your urges until they pass. Until you see a therapist, remember two things: No feeling lasts forever, and feelings aren't facts. In the meantime I will pray for healing and for open roads to finding a good therapist who can help you heal.

EDIT: Also, remember zep tepi! Every day is a chance to start fresh.
Sema'a Ankh Hen'a Semawy (Sobeqsenu)
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3133
  • stats Total Posts: 294203
  • stats Total Topics: 20051
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 955