Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4306 times)

Offline Nami

Hello
« on: July 07, 2016, 04:36:07 pm »
Hi I'm new.

I recently joined because I wanted to talk to other people who contacted the gods.

One of them came to me twice. I'm not sure who the god was, but it's been nagging in the back of my head ever since. Whenever I forgot about it, there was something to remind me. I spent hours on Google trying to find out more, but it didn't get me anywhere.

It seemed like the god was Anubis, but he said a different name that I can't remember. I'm quite sure it was one of the old gods of Egypt, because the likeness was similar to those kind of statues and paintings which depict the different gods.

Please message me if you know more.

Thank you for letting me join.

Nami

Offline Taqerisenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 04:56:01 pm »
Welcome, Nami! I hope you enjoy exploring the forums, and that they might be enlightening for you.

Seemed like Yinepu/Anubis, but with a different name could be Wepwawet, another jackal god, or could be other related names, like Sed or Khenty Amentiu, maybe? At any rate, I hope you have fun in the process of discovering who it was that reached out to you!
Taqerisenu
("The Attendant of Two," or "The One That Attends to Two")

Sat Heru-wer her Bast her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS!)
Meryt Ra, Set, her Nebthet-Nit-Seshat.

Offline Nebwyitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 05:21:56 pm »
There are more jackal deities than most people realize.

'Anubis' is also know as Anup, Anpu, Yinepu, or Inpu (Maybe more spellings out there, variations of His name.)
"Two Lords (are) my Fathers"

Sat Heru-wer her Amun
Meryt Set, Wesir-Sokar, her Mut

Offline Nami

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 06:05:32 pm »
Thank you.

This is what happened. I was meditating then fell into a dream while I was awake. I was trying to contact a spirit. This being appeared next to me (a safe distance.)

I was extremely scared when I saw him. I asked for him to look at me because he kept looking away and would not look directly at me. He had pointy like ears, but not ears. He was black like the statues. I asked him 2 questions. I was scared so asked him to leave.

The next day I felt his presence again, but when I looked to where he was, my dog was standing there. I said he had to leave. I did not feel threatened only a kind of greatness. I was in awe of him.

I did not know who or what the gods were. I've never in my life seen this kind of thing in a movie or game or anywhere (I say that because I'm skeptical and I thought it might be a subconcious memory that surfaced and that I might have once seen a movie or something with this image in it.)

I searched the net trying to find out what it was and all most things pointed to Anubis. I must sound crazy lol. I'd like to see him again. Its been like this for months where I'm just going on with my life and suddenly am reminded of the meeting. Yet I'm too afraid to try to contact him again.

Does this sound like one of the gods or is it something else?

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 07:06:20 pm »
Em Hotep, Nami!

Here is a good site that should help with sorting out the jackal deities:
http://www.per-sabu.org/

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Nami

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 03:11:38 am »
Thank you that site is very helpful.

Offline Lira

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 03:28:26 am »
Em Hotep Nami!!

I see the South African flag under your name! Warm welcome. I'm also from South Africa and always excited to see other peeps from here :)

Senebty

Offline Rev. Tjesi

• W'ab (priest) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2016, 04:01:26 am »
Welcome!

Ibi (Awibemhethert)

Self Care Hethert Keeper
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert (Ibi)

Offline Nami

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2016, 04:29:50 am »
Cool, can I have an Egyptian name too?

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2016, 06:19:41 am »
Cool, can I have an Egyptian name too?
Em hotep and welcome! Sounds like a very interesting experience with one of the jackals. :)

Many of us here have Kemetic names because we have (at some point) taken the RPD and taken the Shemsu oath. Part of becoming Shemsu is being given a Shemsu name; it is a name our Parent god or gods give to Hemet (aus) while she is in shrine. Hemet (aus) then researches the name she hears to find out the meaning of our name.

However, there are also many people who come here who have been given a name and/or title by the Netjeru in their lives. You will also see a handful of people who named themselves. (For instance, I used to be called Khukua, "I am glorified", and I changed my board name to Ra'awyserqet after I took the Shemsu oath almost three years ago.)

I hope that answered your question.
Senebty
Ra'awy

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline Nami

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 07:42:02 am »
Oh I see.

These names look pretty complicated and I'm sure I wont even be able to pronounce them correctly.

I have not revealed much of what happened, or what brought me here yet.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this where they actually could see and talk to one of the gods? I don't feel comfortable telling everyone about it, so would preferably just PM someone who has had similar experiences.

Since I was a young girl, maybe 6 years old, spirits bother me all the time. I just ignore them, but sometimes I do get messages, ones that I can't ignore, from recently deceased people. Sometimes I get memories from while they were still alive. I don't know these people. I always tell them to go away and that I am not listening. The main reason I send them all away is because they scare me. Dreams too.

One day a few months ago, I decided that I should probably try to listen to them.There are lots of people who claim to be psychic and I followed some steps they recommend. I know there are some evil things around, and I need protection of sorts, and because of that I meditated and tried to call my spirit guide. It is when I called my spirit guide that one of these gods appeared. I asked for a name, as that is one of the things you're supposed to ask.

When I was younger, I read tarot. I was completely attuned, so much so that I did not even need cards. I could tell which ones would end up in the spread anyway. It's just a matter of reading people and surroundings. I refused to answer any questions on the future (because that was bs nobody can see the future), or death. For me it was just about helping people discover who they are. I stopped reading cards when a lesbian couple asked me to read for them. One of them had cancer and she asked me when she was going to die. **I can tell anyone a lot about tarot, and what it really is, if you're interested.**

I once walked past an older woman in the street who's son had died (I didn't know it until I was there), and I felt him there. It was in a town I briefly passed through, and I didn't know anyone there. I was compelled to tell her that he was there with her. She was extremely upset, and I could not even stop what I said, or control what I said. She chased me away obviously.

This and many more unexplained things happened to me. I stood up in a crowded bus and yelled, 'we just killed an angel' I saw a white figure out in the fields. Moments later we the bus passed an accident where a woman (pedestrian) had been killed. When I say those words aloud sometimes candles die around me. I know when people are about to die, when I meet them I can feel it.

The weirdest things. I don't know if I should be here. I don't know if I'd want to become Shemsu, or if I'm supposed to worship these gods. Should they really be worshipped if they are just different beings? I don't know if they could bend reality, or make anything happen between the living. Sorry for the lengthy post...again.

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2016, 04:33:11 pm »
Hi, Nami! Welcome to the boards. ^_^  I would suggest not worrying too much about what you're supposed to do at this point. You're still very early in your journey, so this is a time for exploring and questioning and researching. Don't feel like you have to make any big decisions right now; just relax, be open to listening and learning, and take things in your own time.

(I also posted a long thing about Gods and religion and proof following your post in Tom's thread, so you may want to check that out too.)

Good luck on your search!
Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298650
  • stats Total Topics: 20478
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955