Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh!  (Read 4560 times)

Offline HeryHeru

• Shemsu
Yu-Gi-Oh!
« on: June 24, 2016, 11:54:30 am »
Yugioh It was part of my childhood! It was thanks to this little TCG since I became interested in Ancient Egypt. To date Yugioh game and my favorite is the deck Gravekeeper's. Someone else knows Yugioh? Anyone here play?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
Sa Heru-Wer, Meri Aset-Serqet her Set

Offline Tashepsut

• Shemsu
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 12:18:39 pm »
Oh man it's bean years since I've touched my dueling deck. As a kid seeing a show that had Ancient Egyptian elements in it was an instant attention grabber. Dragons and pharaohs, what could be better? I haven't watched the last one or two series since there wasn't enough Ancient Egyptian themes to keep my interest. It would be interesting go back and and rewatch or read the originals. I don't even think I could find my cards anymore and I honestly can't remember my favorite deck or card.
Tashepsutbast "The Nobility of Bast"
Bast, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Taweret, and Ra

Offline Pairysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 12:42:45 pm »
Oh man, I love Yugioh so much. one of my decks is less than 2 feet away right now, I found it while cleaning. I got really into it during the second series though, where there was less Ancient Egypt stuff. I still have all the God cards, and there are some cards with names like 'Sebek's Blessing' that are more Egypt-themed
𓅮
"The One Who Acts For Two"
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert her Set her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Mery Heru-wer her Sobek

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 02:00:58 pm »
I absolutely love Yu-Gi-Oh and still have all my cards.  Just a little while ago actually I managed to get the three Egyptian God cards.  My most favorite card being the Dark Magician of course.  Of the show, my favorite arc is the Dueling Monsters where they go to the island and fight their way to Maximilian Pegasus.  I especially the love the past life theme with Yugi and how he was the great Pharaoh.  I just, I love all of it, Bakura, the Millennium Items, especially Yugi's puzzle.  :)
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline HeryHeru

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 02:40:57 pm »
Have you seen the Gravekeeper's Deck? They are based on the Guardians of the Tomb Egyptians are full of hieroglyphs and the two main cards are pharaohs. Cards are beautiful! My favorite card of this deck is Necrovalley and Hidden Temple of Necrovalley ...

Look here http://940ee6dce6677fa01d25-0f55c9129972ac85d6b1f4e703468e6b.r99.cf2.rackcdn.com/products/pictures/1052231.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 02:49:28 pm »
I miss yu-gi-oh gx tag force by ps2... hours overnight playing it, good memories anyway
Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Tashepsut

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 02:52:44 pm »
Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories for the PS I was never able to defeat. Bakura was too strong! If I ever get the chance again I should try to replay the game.
Tashepsutbast "The Nobility of Bast"
Bast, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Taweret, and Ra

Offline Siwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 02:08:38 pm »
I love Yu-Gi-Oh!  It's my favorite manga, and while I have some cards, I much prefer the story over the game.  Takahashi-san combined several elements that I love (gaming, Ancient Egypt, and a handsome protagonist) and has had me hooked since high school.  I own all the translated tankoban manga (including the R spin-off), a unofficial plushie of each Atem and Yugi, an official Yami Yugi plushie, several little mini-statues and keychains/cell phone straps, and my two pvc statues.  One is Yami Yugi, the other the Dark Side of Dimensions Yugi that I got a couple of weekends ago.  I also crossplay Yami Yugi, but need to get a new pair of pants for him since the current ones got ripped along a seam.

That being said, if you liked the original series, Dark Side of Dimensions is slated to be coming here to the US in early 2017.  It's a plothole-filling for the manga, so don't expect the same thing from it as the anime.  The manga was the original and the early version was supposed to be horror, so the series in general is a lot darker than the 4Kids dub ever made it out to be (Pegasus Crawford did a really nasty one in the DM part of the series where he made Bandit Keith kill himself, and that doesn't preclude the stuff that Atem pulled when he was fresh out of the Puzzle).  Anyways, I'm definitely going to see it and buying the blu ray when it comes out.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 02:10:20 pm by Siwy »
Siwyenbast "announce to Bast"

Sat Bast, Meryt Djehuty, Wesir, Heruakhty.

Things, as well as the gods are always dynamic, never static.  Things change, and to be static is no better than being eaten by monsters.
Don't just BE, DO!

Offline HeryHeru

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 08:14:27 pm »
Siwy I'm also hoping to get the film in theaters, though I find it hard this film came to Brazil ...

Offline Wenunisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 08:32:28 pm »
Oh man I looooove yugioh. I have cards but don't really play, I was just a huge fan of the show. I don't know that I'll be watching the new movie but I'm glad the franchise is still running. Zexal was actually good surprisingly enough
Child of Geb and Nut, Beloved of Sekhmet-Mut

Wenuni for short

Pronouns: They/them

Offline Khamaiyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 08:04:28 pm »
This game, was my LIFE as a kid. Probably my happiest memories ever. I found a pack on Amazon that has Yugi's decks from the TV series, I'm tempted to buy it just for the memories of it
Yinepu Drives off Evil [From Me]
Son of Yinepu-Wepwawet
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Tefnut and Amun
𓐍𓅓𓂝𓂞𓇋 𓈖 𓂸 𓁣 𓀂

Offline Neshnytyinepu

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2016, 09:59:42 am »
YGO was absolutely my life and my childhood and I still have all my cards. I fell out of playing for a while but recently got back into it. Need to revamp my Magicians deck and I want to build a Gravekeepers deck. I only ever watched the original YGO-- 5Ds and all the rest held no interest for me.

I wrote fanfic for YGO, and my favourite thing was to write stories set in Atem's time and try to make it as historically accurate as possible. (For example, if we presume that the k in Bakura is actually a 'kh' sound, then his name could be understood as "Ra's Bakhu", Bakhu being the eastern mountain from which Ra is said to rise every morning. And the name would also super imply immortality, so...)
Neshnyt "Yinepu's Storm"
𓃤
Sa Yinepu, mery Nut her Set her Nebt-het
they/them pronouns please
Self-Care Yinepu Advocate | Sau Apprentice | Setem priest in training

* Most Recent Topics

topic What's your favorite Holiday?
[[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodox Q&A]
Tasedjebbast
Today at 12:29:34 am
topic What does it mean to be Shemsu to YOU? Try no. 2
[[PUBLIC] Kemetic Orthodox Q&A]