Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Just for fun: Guess the God of the Year!  (Read 18320 times)

Offline KheperuSerqet

• Shemsu
Re: Just for fun: Guess the God of the Year!
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2016, 02:41:07 pm »

I'd like to see someone like Serquet or Sekhmet have their year. 

Em hotep Meres!

I love Mom to death, but after this year I'd really like not to have a Serqet year. (Unless I get to get away with all the stuff because I'm one of her kids. *glances at Mom* But knowing her and her expectations of me as her child, it might be extra pointy.) Mom's year would be similar to a Set year because she's all about survival and healing. It's not comfortable survival or healing, but it's necessary in that form.

Sekhmet could be a nice year; I think it would be very healing and very much about appropriate action. Possibly similar to Aset's year. A Sekhmet year would be nice I think.

Note: I don't necessarily think the God of the Year has to do with what happens in the year; more that it denotes the challenges and trials we will face in the year. Which is why while I'd love a year of Serqet, I wouldn't relish those challenges and trials.

Senebty
Ra'awy

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Em Hotep, Ra'awyserqet.

I think the opposite. I think that a year of Serqet would be good, without many challenges(maybe have more challenges for us, Her children! We know! ;) ) and a Sekhmet year would be hard. Because of their personality and energy. But... Who knows?!  ;D

I think I'm in the same place as Ra'awy on this one! Serqet is a challenger, much more so than my other Mother; my experience has been that She has high expectations of Her followers. I would expect her year to be anything but relaxing.

More specifically, due to Her role as remover of poisons, I would expect Her year to be one that focuses on the eradication of toxic influences on our lives. It's something I think about a lot, as for the past few years I have definitely been focused on removing toxic people and influences from my life. It's a necessary process, and one that has been hugely beneficial for me in the long term, but it's also painful and upsetting. I'd expect a Serqet year to contain that same duality: beneficial in the long-term, but painful and upsetting in the moment.

People who have different relationships with Her might experience such a year very differently, of course! But knowing the role She tends to play in my life, I would not be expecting Her year to be a serene one for me.

ETA: Actually, while I'm thinking about my Mothers... a Hethert-Nut year would be ideal for me right now, I think. I could use some of that big-picture cosmic energy!

Hi Ha'aut,

So, thinking this way, I agree with you and Ra'awy. Maybe a Serqet year, for people who are not accustomed with quickly and needed changes, could be a little uncomfortable, at least at first. =)
KheperuSerqet(Serqet the Changer)
Sa Serqet-Aset. Mery Djehuty.

(Sorry my english, I'm trying.) =)
Facebook

Offline Siwy

• Shemsu
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2016, 12:22:54 am »
Personally I'd love a Bast or Tefnut year.  We do need a clearing out the crud year for the world at large, so Nit or the Bawy might show up.
Siwyenbast "announce to Bast"

Sat Bast, Meryt Djehuty, Wesir, Heruakhty.

Things, as well as the gods are always dynamic, never static.  Things change, and to be static is no better than being eaten by monsters.
Don't just BE, DO!

Offline Ankhetbast

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2016, 10:25:58 pm »
As ever, I will simply hope for a Bast year.
~~~~Ankhetbast~~~~

Sat Bast her Hekatawy I (AUS), Meryt Serqet, Yinepu her HetHert

"Be excellent to each other." ~Bill and Ted

Offline Ushedimuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2016, 02:58:35 pm »
If it's a Set year, I'm stocking up on the red wine. A lot of red wine. Maybe even Set would get some in offerings.

A year of growth with Wesir would be just fine with me.

I don't really have a guess, though.
Ushedimuti | "My Mothers address me."
{ Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Mafdet, her (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|, meryt Set her Sobek!
Self-Care Sekhmet Supporter / Advocate | Self-Care Set Keeper | Fedw Diviner }
daughter-of-the-red-land.tumblr.com

Offline FORMER MEMBER

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2016, 03:42:45 pm »
If it's a Set year, I'm stocking up on the red wine. A lot of red wine. Maybe even Set would get some in offerings.

HAHA.
Removed at request of former member.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3307
  • stats Total Posts: 299294
  • stats Total Topics: 20534
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything