collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Just for fun: Guess the God of the Year!  (Read 17818 times)

Offline Wenunisenu

• Shemsu
Re: Just for fun: Guess the God of the Year!
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2016, 05:01:05 pm »
I wanna say Wesir too. It seems we've had the family going for a bit (Aset, Heru-sa-Aset...). And I'd love a chill, growth and renewal year.
Child of Geb and Nut, Beloved of Sekhmet-Mut

Wenuni for short

Pronouns: They/them

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2016, 02:09:00 am »
Many are guessing Wesir, I'd like to guess Ptah-Sokar-Wesir. :) Peace and regeneration, along with creativity, yes?
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Rev. Tawa'u

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2016, 02:16:12 am »
Guess for Bast in some form!
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Sau ║ Fundraising ☥
www.BastMut.org

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2016, 09:34:19 am »
[quote author=Padememheru link=topic=20093.msg283250#msg283250 date=1467513177

By the way, it was never really talked about in the beginners classes, but how does the whole year thing work?  In terms of KO I mean anyway.
[/quote]

I have a few helpful links for any interested.

Edited out links.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 08:04:07 pm by Ra'awyserqet »
(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2016, 02:32:39 pm »
I have Wesir or Set on my list.
May the Gods have mercy.

My first thought was Set, because I'm expecting mass upheaval due to all of the awful things happening everywhere lately. Trump for President is looking disturbingly likely, and we have Brexit and shootings all over the place. Oh, and the KKK apparently said they're making a comeback. I love my God, and I kind of want him to get God of the Year just because I like when he "wins" things, but I really don't want to deal with the consequences of that. May the Gods have mercy, indeed.

At the same time, I've heard a lot of people saying that XYZ NTR told them "Cheer up, next year will be better than this one!" or something along that line. I'm skeptical, due to the aforementioned widespread awfulness, but Wesir does seem pretty legit in that regard.

Perhaps a Wesir year, followed by a Set year? The other way around? Both this year somehow?
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | Tjemsy@kemet.org

Offline KheperuSerqet

• Shemsu
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2016, 04:37:34 pm »

I'd like to see someone like Serquet or Sekhmet have their year. 

Em hotep Meres!

I love Mom to death, but after this year I'd really like not to have a Serqet year. (Unless I get to get away with all the stuff because I'm one of her kids. *glances at Mom* But knowing her and her expectations of me as her child, it might be extra pointy.) Mom's year would be similar to a Set year because she's all about survival and healing. It's not comfortable survival or healing, but it's necessary in that form.

Sekhmet could be a nice year; I think it would be very healing and very much about appropriate action. Possibly similar to Aset's year. A Sekhmet year would be nice I think.

Note: I don't necessarily think the God of the Year has to do with what happens in the year; more that it denotes the challenges and trials we will face in the year. Which is why while I'd love a year of Serqet, I wouldn't relish those challenges and trials.

Senebty
Ra'awy

Em Hotep, Ra'awyserqet.

I think the opposite. I think that a year of Serqet would be good, without many challenges(maybe have more challenges for us, Her children! We know! ;) ) and a Sekhmet year would be hard. Because of their personality and energy. But... Who knows?!  ;D

KheperuSerqet(Serqet the Changer)
Sa Serqet-Aset. Mery Djehuty.

(Sorry my english, I'm trying.) =)
Facebook

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2016, 08:29:46 pm »
Thank you Ra'awyserqet for the links.  :)
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2016, 02:50:12 am »

I'd like to see someone like Serquet or Sekhmet have their year. 

Em hotep Meres!

I love Mom to death, but after this year I'd really like not to have a Serqet year. (Unless I get to get away with all the stuff because I'm one of her kids. *glances at Mom* But knowing her and her expectations of me as her child, it might be extra pointy.) Mom's year would be similar to a Set year because she's all about survival and healing. It's not comfortable survival or healing, but it's necessary in that form.

Sekhmet could be a nice year; I think it would be very healing and very much about appropriate action. Possibly similar to Aset's year. A Sekhmet year would be nice I think.

Note: I don't necessarily think the God of the Year has to do with what happens in the year; more that it denotes the challenges and trials we will face in the year. Which is why while I'd love a year of Serqet, I wouldn't relish those challenges and trials.

Senebty
Ra'awy

Em Hotep, Ra'awyserqet.

I think the opposite. I think that a year of Serqet would be good, without many challenges(maybe have more challenges for us, Her children! We know! ;) ) and a Sekhmet year would be hard. Because of their personality and energy. But... Who knows?!  ;D

I think I'm in the same place as Ra'awy on this one! Serqet is a challenger, much more so than my other Mother; my experience has been that She has high expectations of Her followers. I would expect her year to be anything but relaxing.

More specifically, due to Her role as remover of poisons, I would expect Her year to be one that focuses on the eradication of toxic influences on our lives. It's something I think about a lot, as for the past few years I have definitely been focused on removing toxic people and influences from my life. It's a necessary process, and one that has been hugely beneficial for me in the long term, but it's also painful and upsetting. I'd expect a Serqet year to contain that same duality: beneficial in the long-term, but painful and upsetting in the moment.

People who have different relationships with Her might experience such a year very differently, of course! But knowing the role She tends to play in my life, I would not be expecting Her year to be a serene one for me.

ETA: Actually, while I'm thinking about my Mothers... a Hethert-Nut year would be ideal for me right now, I think. I could use some of that big-picture cosmic energy!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:51:57 am by Ha'autmuti »
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Rev. Saryt

• Sema Kau Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2016, 06:27:17 am »
Actually, while I'm thinking about my Mothers... a Hethert-Nut year would be ideal for me right now, I think. I could use some of that big-picture cosmic energy!

A Hethert-Nut year would be *lovely.* Goodness, that would be so wonderful right now.
Rev. Sarytsenuwi
(Standardbearer of my Two | Porta-estandarte de meus Dois)
Sat Set her Bast | Meryt Heru-wer, Hethert-Nut, her Heqat
W'ab Nekhen Medetsen net Nekh | Fedw for Set and Bast

Offline FORMER MEMBER

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2016, 12:06:09 pm »
So many "votes" for Wesir! :D And Set. Maybe Set would bring about good upheaval, not negative? I mean, not that upheaval' s generally pleasant, but it could bring about some positive changes in the world. :)

Forgive my ignorance, but can any Name be God of the year? If so, personally, I would love for it to be Djehuty. :)

Senebty and shalom!
Dylan.
Removed at request of former member.

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2016, 01:32:32 pm »
Yes, any Name can be God of the Year!

Well, considering that a Set year would follow a Heru-Sa-Aset year, an Aset year and a Heru-Sa-Aset year my feeling would be more along the lines of "you had three years to get this sh1t in order, you didn't listen and now you better listen to me!"
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Rev. Sema'a

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2016, 02:00:43 pm »
Just for fun I did a rough tally of everyone's wishes and guesses, and here's where they stand:

Wesir: 13
Set: 9
Bast: 5
Hethert: 3
Wepwawet: 3
Ra: 3
Amun: 2
Djehuty: 1
Hethert-Nut: 1
Khepri: 1
Amun-Ra: 1
Aset: 1
Khnum: 1
Mut: 1
Sokar: 1
Min: 1
Nehebkau: 1
Nebthet: 1
Serqet: 1
Sekhmet: 1
Ptah-Sokar-Wesir: 1
Sema'a Ankh Hen'a Semawy (Sobeqsenu)
W'ab Nekhen Ib Imau-sen
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut, Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline FORMER MEMBER

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2016, 03:54:50 pm »
Well, considering that a Set year would follow a Heru-Sa-Aset year, an Aset year and a Heru-Sa-Aset year my feeling would be more along the lines of "you had three years to get this sh1t in order, you didn't listen and now you better listen to me!"

... From what I've experienced with Set, that sounds very much like him. ;)
Removed at request of former member.

Offline Siaheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2016, 05:24:13 pm »
Not really a guess, but I'm pulling for Mut... :)
"A smooth sea, never a captain made" -Unknown

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2016, 10:49:03 pm »
I'm leaning towards an Amun or Amun-Ra year, perhaps Wesir. Definitely get the feeling it'll be another year focusing on Kingship.

Senebty! •henu•
~TabauAmunet
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3250
  • stats Total Posts: 298329
  • stats Total Topics: 20448
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955