[PUBLIC] About the Kemetic Orthodox Religion > [PUBLIC] Serving the World: Ma'at In Action

Unique Ways to volunteer in your community

(1/4) > >>

Mesetibes:
Em Hotep everyone!

I thought to start a discussion on some of the unique ways we do service and volunteer in our community.

Myself? This year I will be dressing as The Baroness for The Finest G.I. Joe Costume Club for the 2017 edition of the Girls of the Finest calendar. All monies that we get from this project will be going towards a Veterans organization (still waiting on confirmation) that pairs service dogs with vets who need them.

What about you? What are some of the unique ways you do service?

Senebty!
~Rev. Mesetibes

Khenneferitw:
I foster with a small animal rescue. We're beyond capacity right now: we took in a hoard and had hundreds of pregnant rats on our hands. They're all sweet things - I brought home three of the mommas and all of them have given birth to around twelve apiece.

One has been transfered to another foster home, so I now have my three adults, two nursing moms, and 25 babies in my room. They are just coming to the "fun" age. I love them so much. They're a lot of work though. Hopefully we find more foster and adoptive homes soon.

Rev. Shezatwepwawet:
I don't know how unique it is but I used to regularly pick up trash at and around the cemetery in my neighborhood. There are caretakers but at the time they seemed only to do the necessary bare minimum required.

Mesetibes:
Em Hotep Zat,

Care for cemeteries and our akhu is also important work as well.

Senebty!
~Rev. Mesetibes

Temseniaset:
I volunteer at Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society.

Sandra

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version