Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 102
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: 42 purifications  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Lira

• Remetj
42 purifications
« on: July 13, 2016, 01:57:17 pm »
Em Hotep

I was wondering where I could get a simple breakdown of a list of the 42 purifications? Thank you

Senebty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Gezausenu

Re: 42 purifications
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 02:31:56 pm »
Oooh, thank you for posting this, Lira! I've been trying to find a list of the 42 purifications as well! :)

I have left the House, but free services for Papa Set and Mama Sekhmet will always be offered to anyone who asks. Please e-mail me at gezausenu@gmail.com if you need anything at all. Ever. <3

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 02:46:26 pm »
Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 07:48:23 pm »
Em Hotep Lira!

Kham has linked an excellent dialogue and discourse here on the forums for the 42 Negative Confessions. Raheri was covering them during his time as Ordained Clergy, and the discussion offers some interesting insight from both him and other members as well.

As a note, the version of the 42 Negative Confessions that he uses was one that Hemet herself translated. They are available in the Ancient Egyptian prayerbook, but Raheri I think does list them in order.

Senebty!
~Rev. Mesetibes
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Lira

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 03:15:14 am »
Em Hotep Lira!

Kham has linked an excellent dialogue and discourse here on the forums for the 42 Negative Confessions. Raheri was covering them during his time as Ordained Clergy, and the discussion offers some interesting insight from both him and other members as well.

As a note, the version of the 42 Negative Confessions that he uses was one that Hemet herself translated. They are available in the Ancient Egyptian prayerbook, but Raheri I think does list them in order.

Senebty!
~Rev. Mesetibes

Em Hotep

Thank you so much. I have the prayer book so I'll check in there. I must have missed it. :)

Senebty

Offline Gezausenu

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 08:55:18 am »
Thank you so much. I have the prayer book so I'll check in there. I must have missed it. :)

Haha, me too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :P
I have left the House, but free services for Papa Set and Mama Sekhmet will always be offered to anyone who asks. Please e-mail me at gezausenu@gmail.com if you need anything at all. Ever. <3

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 10:49:34 am »
Em Hotep Lira and DyllenniumFalcon,

I have a first edition copy, and the 42 Purifications in that book starts on p. 198. It may be slightly different in other editions, but should be around that general area. If anything, its in the Daily Prayer section.

Senebty!
~Rev. Mesetibes
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3164
  • stats Total Posts: 295254
  • stats Total Topics: 20163
  • stats Total Categories: 8