Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 135
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Looking for Information/ Suggestions  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Saymari

• Shemsu
Looking for Information/ Suggestions
« on: July 24, 2016, 12:04:50 am »
So like the behind the times person I am; I was not aware that coming up is evidently a five day celebration for the Kemetic New Year. I am going to try to go through and have dedicated rituals to the netjeru whom will be celebrated and am currently in my planning phases.
It will be my first time attempting this so I would love some help and more info on this holiday celebration. Any traditional offerings for this time of year or appropriate ceremonies or even a good source for appropriate hymns would be most gratefully appreciated.
I would also like some general info about said holiday but am having  trouble finding forum posts. All I really know at this time it is celebrating the 5 days on which Nut gave birth to her children (and of course the accompanying legend involving Djehutti gambling with the moon for time)
Anyways any help is appreciated.
On an eternal search for the truth with occasional stops for snacks and site seeing.

Hey guys, I am trying to get some practice with some oracle work. Anyone who wants a reading please feel free to message me ^_^

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
Re: Looking for Information/ Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 01:15:49 am »
I'm not an expert on the new year and am still figuring out my own plans, so I won't try to advise on that front--I'm sure you'll hear from some others!

But I do recommend taking the beginners class in future if you want better access to the forums. There are forums here that are restricted to Remetj and Shemsu, and there's a bunch of Wep Ronpet info available on those areas of the site. Becoming a Remetj doesn't require any special commitment to the House or anything, it just means you've taken the class and have decided to stay on as a community member.
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Saymari

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 02:07:02 am »
 ;) I would but I am not sure how much good applying twice will do.
Sorry to be a bit cheeky I was in the last class.
I am just horribly useless with navigating forums and have no real knowledge of the holidays.
  ;D
On an eternal search for the truth with occasional stops for snacks and site seeing.

Hey guys, I am trying to get some practice with some oracle work. Anyone who wants a reading please feel free to message me ^_^

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 02:11:03 am »
Oh, okay. You might want to check your email and see if there's something about joining as a Remetj then! You're not listed as one right now.
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Saymari

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 02:16:43 am »
Ah I thought we fixed this.
Welp this is what I get for being an anti-social Annie

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 02:49:16 am »
Em hotep!
Here is a place to start.

http://www.wepwawet.org/wiki/index.php?title=Wep_Ronpet

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

Offline Saymari

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 03:05:22 am »
You have my gratitude, sir

Offline Tanebet

• Rev Astrid - Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 10:11:28 am »
I am just horribly useless with navigating forums and have no real knowledge of the holidays.
  ;D

Saymari,  did you reply to the end of class questionaire we sent to the Zep Tepi list? Please contact me if you need it again or resent it if you did

Senebty
Tanebet
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Saymari

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 12:27:05 am »
  ;D

Saymari,  did you reply to the end of class questionaire we sent to the Zep Tepi list? Please contact me if you need it again or resent it if you did

Senebty
Tanebet
Good evening.
Yes I have there was a bit of a mix up earlier but I thought I had sorted it out. I guess I am a bit of a trouble maker but that's per norm.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3162
  • stats Total Posts: 295219
  • stats Total Topics: 20157
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 121
  • stats Most Online: 955