collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: "dead idols" renewal ritual  (Read 1914 times)

Offline NR

"dead idols" renewal ritual
« on: July 23, 2016, 09:07:04 pm »
I'm sure most of you will be familiar with this concept from monotheist rhetoric:

the pagan repents of their so-called faith, and is horrified by their many many "dead" "merely man-made" deity-images, when they get a taste of the One Living God; they have a big emotional upheaval, repent of their ways, and destroy the images.

(Mostly this storyline was an invention, creating invented "ideal converts" or "convert saints" for real converts -- whose stories and convictions were always more mixed -- to model themselves after)

The thing is, this thing resonates with me. At least the part where, after a Significant Experience, or even just after settling into a rut, the trappings of my ritual life seem extremely flimsy and stale.

Is there a KO ritual, or have any of you bootstrapped a ritual that works for you, to sort of send out what's imperfect or otherwise decommission votive images (or end prayer/offering routines...) when they fail to call your mind to the the Living Names?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:10:45 pm by NR »

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
Re: "dead idols" renewal ritual
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 10:13:06 pm »
I know there is a procedure for decommissioning objects from your shrine. I believe it involves leaving it sitting in sunlight for three days. I'm away from my shrine cabinet right now, but if you have the Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook, I think it's in there. I can grab the details for you later if you don't have access to it!
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
Re: "dead idols" renewal ritual
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 10:12:44 am »
we will talk in detail about shrine building in the Beginner Class...patience ;-)
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3252
  • stats Total Posts: 298335
  • stats Total Topics: 20449
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 124
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything