Register
collapse collapse

* Donation Status

37%   Current donation status as of January 22, 2021 = $932 of $2,500 (37%)   Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 48
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Purity and Humidity  (Read 3479 times)

Offline divinekemetic

Purity and Humidity
« on: August 28, 2016, 08:49:37 am »
I hope this is the appropriate board to post it to.

Switzerland is undergoing a heatwave right now with winds from the mediterranian sea. This means record high humidity about 75-85%+ humidity.

I have been practicing doing Senut because it brings some ritual schedule into my life. Unfortunately, the humidity is ruining it.

Is it considered impure if you're sweating your butt off no matter what you're doing? I mean, I still do Senut, get fresh clothes on (I wish I could wash my hair but I faint when having warm showers in hot weather and I can't tolerate cold water well) and do regular Senut (washing orifices, hands and feet and rinsing my mouth out).

I mean, my whole lineup has no problem with it and I am not a shemsu, nor a hm-ntr of any deity. I make sure things are as neat and clean as possible but sometimes every move you make just unleashes a waterfall of sweat  :( >:(

Thoughts?  :-\
Self-care Heru-sa-Aset Supporter
Self-care Nebt-het Advocate
Self-care Bast Keeper
"As the Sun emerges from the Nile, Zep Tepi begins."

Offline Tanebet

• W'ab (priest) - Kherep Sebau (Education Director), Semer-Wati
  • Administrator
Re: Purity and Humidity
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 09:08:09 am »
On hot days I do Senut either very early in the morning od very late in the evening when it is cooler.
Personally I don't feel comfortable doing a rite when sweat is running down my body.
I just feel unclean and impure
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 09:18:06 am »
where I live is very hot, as it's a tropical country. then, I do senut in the very morning to avoid either noise by family members and sweat and things like that. my natural schedule to get up was noon, but with a senut routine it is 7 am. and it worth it.
Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Sopedheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 09:43:07 am »
I live in a very humid state in the United States... on a normal day it's about 65% humidity out.. on the hot days (which this year has been to the extreme!)  it's 80-100% humidity day and night.. it's unavoidable.   I do my Senut in late afternoon when the sun is beginning to set.  I tried at various times of the day and late afternoon (for me) seems to work the best :)  It helps with the high humidity for me, but most of the time, I'm still dripping by the end of Senut.     I do have a de-humidifier in the house, but with anything where I'm generating a lot of energy and focus.. that tends to not work so well :)

I did ask Netjer a while back if it was ok and if I was still pure.. the answer I got was yes, it's unavoidable and just to wash my ritual whites more often.  :)  (I usually wash them twice a week)   
Sopedheru meaning: Heru is skilled

Son of Heru-Wer
Beloved of Set & Knum

Offline divinekemetic

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 09:48:30 am »
where I live is very hot, as it's a tropical country. then, I do senut in the very morning to avoid either noise by family members and sweat and things like that. my natural schedule to get up was noon, but with a senut routine it is 7 am. and it worth it.

Hmm yeah. I can choose between morning and evening (I am so not a morning person fyi) because I dont get interupted by my parents anyway when I tell them "I'm doing a ritual." They know my faith and I'm pretty open about it  :D They're also at work really late so yeah I will not get interrupted from 7am to around 11pm at most.

On hot days I do Senut either very early in the morning od very late in the evening when it is cooler.
Personally I don't feel comfortable doing a rite when sweat is running down my body.
I just feel unclean and impure

Bolded that last part because I feel the same. Evening seems the time when it's cooler or afternoon seems also to kind of cool down. Mornings and mid-days are so so SO warm and hot  :-\

I live in a very humid state in the United States... on a normal day it's about 65% humidity out.. on the hot days (which this year has been to the extreme!)  it's 80-100% humidity day and night.. it's unavoidable.   I do my Senut in late afternoon when the sun is beginning to set.  I tried at various times of the day and late afternoon (for me) seems to work the best :)  It helps with the high humidity for me, but most of the time, I'm still dripping by the end of Senut.     I do have a de-humidifier in the house, but with anything where I'm generating a lot of energy and focus.. that tends to not work so well :)

I did ask Netjer a while back if it was ok and if I was still pure.. the answer I got was yes, it's unavoidable and just to wash my ritual whites more often.  :)  (I usually wash them twice a week)   
I have my blinds down all day and my fan on 24/7 but I may just "steal" the high power fan in the kitchen for Senut and then place it back. Because that one has settings where you could almost use it as a leaf blower ;D

Thank you all though, at least I'm not alone  ;D :P
Self-care Heru-sa-Aset Supporter
Self-care Nebt-het Advocate
Self-care Bast Keeper
"As the Sun emerges from the Nile, Zep Tepi begins."

* Most Recent Topics

topic India and Egypt
[[PUBLIC] All Things Egypt: Ancient & Modern History and Culture]
MauMau981
January 25, 2021, 08:47:36 pm
topic Sekhmet face masks
[[PUBLIC] All Things Egypt: Ancient & Modern History and Culture]