collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: "God-Collecting" and being god-bothered  (Read 9913 times)

Offline divinekemetic

"God-Collecting" and being god-bothered
« on: August 30, 2016, 12:24:49 pm »
Em Hotep  ;)

Recently I had the feeling of that I think I'm collecting more Netjer than I worship. I sat down with all of them and discussed what will happen if 3 more Netjer join my "collection" of already existing 6.

I would be able to handle more of them (if the number stays under 10  :P) and I realized my relationship with Djehuty was only temporary. We kind of "lost connection".

We both agreed to let go of each other. I decommissioned his statue the Prayerbook way and we both agreed on that he will go to a friend of my mum (HUGE Ancient Egypt fan, he has a whole room dedicated to statues and papyri). For no money or exchange, because Djehuty and I agreed on this.

So this means 5 are left plus three new ones.

My question though is: Has anyone ever felt bothered by the gods? If I dont spiritually cleanse and ward myself, I feel the Netjer being around me and some are like "Please worship me? Please~?" and I always deny unless theyre persistent and make it clear in my tarot readings. (because sometimes I think its just my imagination)

I also would like to know if anyone knows why gods are fond of some people and not others? Does this have to do with them having different levels of spirituality or personal traits like empathy? ???

Senebty,
Ness
Self-care Heru-sa-Aset Supporter
Self-care Nebt-het Advocate
Self-care Bast Keeper
"As the Sun emerges from the Nile, Zep Tepi begins."

Offline Sat_Maat

• Remetj
Re: "God-Collecting" and being god-bothered
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 12:57:27 pm »
Hi :)

I have never experienced gods begging me to worship them. To be honest that is a situation I find very hard to imagine.

The only thing I can say is that there are gods I built up a steady practice around in the recent years and others I wasonly  temporarily in touch with - particularily when the ritual work was not so much about myself but for other people (I get asked a lot to perform rituals for others).

The only god I would use the term "bothering" on may be Seth because his way of entering my life was very insistently which, retrospectively, I would count as one of his characteristics.

The only beings who "bother" me are people. But not gods. I feel honored when gods take notice of me at all which is sometimes not easy especially when you have to try and get in touch with a deity you have never worked before and don't feel a connection to personally. Of course it's a lot easier to connect to gods I feel more able to relate to. AFAIK, I would tend to say that subjectively felt limitations are more likely to be on the human side and not so much on the gods' side.

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:05:20 pm »
Hi there!
So to start, I am very god bothered. I don't use the term bothered negatively to clarify. Just to indicate that there are gods who come and are interested in working with and getting to know me, without me having to prompt them. Out of just my Kemetic lineup, I have 7 gods, 2 of which were added after my RPD, and one god (Khepera) who is not in my lineup but still gets the same treatment as though he was in my lineup. That's Kemetic deities only. I am also a practicing Hindu where I work with one god in particular, and I get bothered by Hellenic gods or other Kemetic ones as well. I've gotten bothered somewhat by other pantheons as well, but I often have to say no and turn away to keep my Shemsu vows met.

I was told once I'd be shared with lots of different gods and I dismissed it because I didn't think it was true, but years later here I am, my number at 10 of permanent deities in my life both Kemetic and not.

I asked the same question once, about why some people have more deities in their lineups than others. I think in that discussion we concluded that sometimes, it just depends on what the person NEEDS. Someone may need all those deities in their lives, whereas someone else may only need lots of a few. It really just depends though.

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 01:07:17 pm by Rehenhersenu »
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 01:14:48 pm »
Em hotep,
I'd like to echo what Rehen said. I think that the gods come to us because we need them.  I also think that when they show up, it's almost never on just a whim; the chances are that we've been calling out to them, if not consciously then with our spirits.

Senebty,
Emsa

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 01:23:05 pm »
my answer is no. any god "bothered" me and when it happens it's in a very short time. I don't mind about how many gods I "collected", but what experiences I get from them. IMO, the gods "bother" a person for many reasons, and if they don't tell us what the reason is, I think it's not important or urgent to know.
Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Vaalea

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 01:39:53 pm »
I found that Netjeru pick who they pick, in the order They do, for the reasons of Their own, and it is better to not over think it too deeply, as the reasons will come clear with time.

A person knows many people through life, some come some go, some stay, for however long a time, some are each others Always. There is no need for it to be different in the God realm, in my opinion.

As to bothering, not quite. I have had requests of the Divine, both Kemetic and others, that I was unable to meet at the time, but I would not say that is being bothered. We needed to work on the logistics and timing of our contact, the schedules and demands lining up, but that is about it.

They come as they come, and I am free to accept Them or disregard :P As with anyone in my life, there is that choice. If there is not, that is for another debate altogether.
Vaalea, Shemsu em Kemet.
Sa Wepwawet-Ra her Bast, KO Sa Serqet.
Friend to Khepera and Sobek-Ra.

Tarot reader for Wepwawet & Serqet.

Offline divinekemetic

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 01:51:17 pm »
I should have also elaborated that I didnt mean "bothered" in a negative way. (thanks Rehen :o)

Most deities that approach me are either related to other deities (consort's, parents, children) in my lineup. For example, Yinepu made his appearance lately not only because he was one of my first deities I worshipped, he also was there because of Nebthet being a funerary deity.

For example, Khonsu came into my lineup because I'm a really big night owl and also because I still had Djehuty in my lineup.

The new deities are also related to some of the ones already in my lineup.

It feels very much like a family tree, I started with Heru-sa-Aset and Djehuty. Now it expanded with gods coming and going who are closely related in aspects and their own family tree.

For example, the next deity that came in my life was Set. I wasnt angry or pissed at the time to be honest. I think he came into my lineup because Heru-sa-Aset. Set dragged his wife (Nebt-het) with him because she is closely related to him. Then Khonsu appeared because I'm a night owl and I still worshipped Djehuty at that time.

So as you see, they are always here because of either family or association with things.

Also addressing a point here of what Rehen said: I didnt mean it in the sense of "Why does everyone have so many deities?", more like "Why do these deities decide to show up to this person?"

For instance, Hapi showed up for me out of nowhere with no association to any of the deities I have in my lineup. I was asking myself "Why me? Why is he interested in me?"

And thats when I go back to Vaalea's reply:
I found that Netjeru pick who they pick, in the order They do, for the reasons of Their own, and it is better to not over think it too deeply, as the reasons will come clear with time.

I think this is part of why Netjeru pick us.

What I conclude from this is, Netjeru pick people out of the random or if they are consort/family/child of an already existing deity.

I actually think this is a good reason. I'm a person who over-complicated things a lot   :-[ :-X I think finding a reason why Netjeru pick us would need a huge research itself  ;D
Self-care Heru-sa-Aset Supporter
Self-care Nebt-het Advocate
Self-care Bast Keeper
"As the Sun emerges from the Nile, Zep Tepi begins."

Offline Bestekeni

• Semer-Wati
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 01:54:23 pm »
Gods and certain netjeri love attention. If you'll give it, they'll take it. It doesn't make you special, but a pushover. Don't be a pushover. Make boundaries.
Fedw diviner for Bes
𓃀𓎂𓀭𓏏𓎡𓈖𓁐
Sat Bes her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-wer her Amun-Ra her Bast

Offline Rehenhersenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 02:16:40 pm »
Haha I knew what you meant. God bothered is more an expression that means interacting with a lot of deities, and not necessarily being "bothered" in a negative way. :)
Sat Sobek her Taweret ,
Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet, Set, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Khnum, Wesir, her Khepera

(Rehenhersenu- "Relies on Two")

Offline TabauAmunet

• Shemsu-Ankh
"God-Collecting" and being god-bothered
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 02:24:28 pm »
Em hotep!

I'm a person that started with 2 Names divined at my RPD, and now have 6 confirmed Names in my lineup. However, I have many other Gods that get attention from me.

In my experience, much like has been said above, the Gods have lessons for us, and will come into our lives as we need Them. This doesn't mean They are permanent, or part of an RPD lineup, unless you have a divination to confirm this. It may be a simple, short lesson, or it could be a lesson that takes many years. I have on several occasions, had Names introduce me to other Names for assistance with something or to help me understand something. Much of the time this is for some reason only They know. Ex: my Mother introduced me to Her Son, Khonsu, years ago, for a lesson.

The reasons vary per person, and they can change constantly. I think it's part of our own responsibility to ask the Gods we are dealing with why They are there, if we need to know. It's far too personal a relationship to ask anyone else to define the parameters than the Gods Themselves why They want to talk to us.

That being said, Tek has a good point. We are all humans, and can only do so much. It is okay to judge your own capabilities and say "I'm sorry, I cannot right now." Don't stretch yourself so thin that your officially divined Gods don't get Their preferred amount of attention. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Senebty!
~Tabauamunet
Child of Mut-as-Amunet, beloved of Sekhmet-HetHert, Seshat-Nit-NebtHet, Bast, Amun-Min, Nefertem, and Bawy
Fedw diviner for Amunet/Mut

Offline Sat_Maat

• Remetj
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 06:48:25 am »
Is "god-bothered" the correct term for being receptive to interacting with gods in polytheism?

I am German so I am probably not very familiar with general terms in the kemetic online sphere.

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 09:06:17 am »
Is "god-bothered" the correct term for being receptive to interacting with gods in polytheism?

I am German so I am probably not very familiar with general terms in the kemetic online sphere.
Em hotep Sati,
I've never seen it used before. I believe the original poster is using it to convey a personal  experience, so don't worry; your English comes across great!

Senebty

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

Offline Rev. Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 09:16:22 am »

"God-bothered" is not an Official Kemetic Term, per se, but more of a popular slang term in the Kemetic community. It is used to refer to someone who works with many gods and/or frequently has many gods, sometimes from different pantheons, popping in and out of their lives.

Another term you may see is "Godphone," referring to one's ability to hear or otherwise receive messages/communication from the gods.
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | RevTjemsy@kemet.org

Offline Sat_Maat

• Remetj
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 11:45:52 am »
I see, thank you, Tjemsy and Asetemsatweret. :)

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 12:43:07 pm »
I have relationships with many Gods/Goddesses (Kemetic and non) and spirits. 

Sometimes, They take interest to help you with something but other times, as Bestekeni pointed out, They just want attention and They'll hound someone who is willing to give it.  It's okay to say, "no" and put up wards or to tell Them you won't do something. 

Other times, They may have interest in you and that can be the start of a relationship.

Senebty
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

* Most Recent Topics

topic Em hotep and greetings!
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]
Kindred Sky
Today at 06:25:45 pm
topic Hi!
[[PUBLIC] Welcome!]