Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Mafdet  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Ushedimuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
Mafdet
« on: December 11, 2016, 05:36:09 pm »
Em hotep, all!

I've asked about one Mother, now for the other Mother: Mafdet!

She's most definitely a quiet Name, but if anyone wants to share about their experiences with Her, I definitely want to hear. It feels a bit lonely as She doesn't have many children or beloveds, and I'm still getting to know Her.
Ushedimuti | "My Mothers address me."
{ Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Mafdet, her (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|, meryt Set her Sobek!
Self-Care Sekhmet Supporter / Advocate | Self-Care Set Keeper | Fedw Diviner }
daughter-of-the-red-land.tumblr.com

Offline Bastmuttepta

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Mafdet
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 05:46:23 pm »
Hotep, Ushedi!

Mafdet is one of my beloveds. The impressions I have gotten of Her have been very playful, but also quite protective. I consider Her one of my "bodyguard" names- but rather than some overly strong silent muscle standing beside you, She's more like the trusted friend you can laugh and share your joy with, Who also won't hesitate to say "hold my drink while I handle this" if someone messes with you.

Visually (in my minds eye) when I connect with her, I usually get the impression of a serval or a cheetah grinning mischievously. She is a motivator for me- while She always has my back, She along with the other Names in my lineup have a tendency to kind of nudge me to have the strength and confidence to handle things myself. I think while none of my Gods are the type to "coddle" She has always been the most willing to lead me by example and be more hands-on with showing me how to do things vs. dictating (which is more what my Mother tends to do) or letting me fall so I can brush myself up and get back up again (which is what Sekhmet tends to do).

Again, just my personal experiences with how She behaves with me and interacts with the other Names in my lineup. :)

Senebty!
Bastmuttepta - "Bast-Mut since the beginning; Bast-Mut survives; Bast-Mut perpetuates" | Sat Bast-Mut her Nisut (AUS) Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Serqet-Aset, Mafdet, Sobek, her Ptah-Sokar-Wesir | Fedw Diviner for Bast-Mut

Offline Rev. Tawa'u

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Mafdet
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 10:11:17 am »
I too have her as a beloved. :)

I see her most often as a cheetah-headed woman, and I always get the feeling of strong protection from her.  I also get the feeling she is a bit more strict with me and a little more business, while mother provides more of the comfort side of things.  My experience is that she took a little more time to get to know.
Sat Bast-Mut her Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Mafdet, Heru-sa-Aset, her Djehuty
☥ Priest of Bast-Mut ║ Fedw ║ Sau ║ Fundraising ☥
www.BastMut.org

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3312
  • stats Total Posts: 299385
  • stats Total Topics: 20544
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955