collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 46
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Little Known Deities...  (Read 21106 times)

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
Re: Little Known Deities...
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 03:39:12 pm »
I am the only person so far to have been divined with Nehebkau in my RPD lineup, and I've never met anyone else who has a relationship with Him.

That's not too surprising to me, since He is a very quiet and subtle Name, and can be hard to get to know. But He's also such a... relevant god; no other god that I know of is so intimately associated with the concept of the Ka and one's life path and purpose. I hope that in the coming years He attracts more devotees.
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Nimaatitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 04:21:36 pm »
I am the only person so far to have been divined with Nehebkau in my RPD lineup, and I've never met anyone else who has a relationship with Him.

That's not too surprising to me, since He is a very quiet and subtle Name, and can be hard to get to know. But He's also such a... relevant god; no other god that I know of is so intimately associated with the concept of the Ka and one's life path and purpose. I hope that in the coming years He attracts more devotees.

I have a relationship with Nehebkau in my Necromancy practice. I agree with your statements regarding Him.

Senebty,
Nima'atitui

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Senebty,
Nima'at
Self-Care Mut Advocate

Offline Taqerisenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 04:40:37 pm »
The Ra in my Beloved line-up expresses Himself to me as Ra-Atum and Ra-Wesir. He's very much Ra in the Duat--the ancient and liminal, between states of life and death/day and night. He's Ra mid-transformation, neither one thing, nor another, but also both.

In terms of Odd Gods not in my line-up, I have a pretty strongly-established relationship with Montu and Raettawy. I've also interacted with Hethert-as-Bat, in the past. More recently, I've been interacting with Wadj-wer, and, to a lesser extent, Hapy, both of whom I've been nudged toward by Bast.
Taqerisenu
("The Attendant of Two," or "The One That Attends to Two")

Sat Heru-wer her Bast her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS!)
Meryt Ra, Set, her Nebthet-Nit-Seshat.

Offline Rayashi

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 04:54:28 pm »
Both Sokar-Wesir and Min are my beloveds, so I'm very close with the both of them.
As for non-line up Netjeru, I recently ha Meretseger approach me with a request, so I believe this is the beginning of a relationship.
Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Etsy

Offline Ha'autmuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 05:29:38 pm »

I have a relationship with Nehebkau in my Necromancy practice. I agree with your statements regarding Him.

Senebty,
Nima'atitui

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to know He's getting some attention from someone other than me! He's really a fascinating figure.
- Ha'aut

"Joy of My Mothers"
Son of Serqet and Hethert-Nut, beloved of Mut and Nehebkau.

Teach me to speak with their voices
Show me the way and I'll try again

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 05:59:42 pm »
The list of Ptah(-Sokar) devotees is incredibly short, but He is the center of my practice.
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast, Sekhmet, & Set
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

Online Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 01:41:21 am »
I recently added Nehmet-Awai to my lineup; Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai to be specific. She comes through very celestial for me. ^-^ This specific form, sometimes of Nit/Seshat/Hethert (regular flavor), is pretty rare ancient and modern. She only shows up in ancient Kemet in one location and I only know of one other person that occasionally worships Her.

Sometimes my Heru-wer shows up in weird ways; Heru-Shu and Heru-Min, but He's still my Heru. :3

My Mom, Serqet, usually doesn't show up as 100% scorpion/woman for me; She likes being a snake or a lion more often when it comes to U/us talking. Which is partially why I have some unusual, but traditionally based images of Her in my shrine.

I'm not huge Odd Gods Squad (especially now I have all those siblings!) but I also wander into some worship of others; Min, Sokar, Qebhwt, and Sobek.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 02:51:46 pm »
I have a strong interest in Ash (also known as As).  I am typing this, but get the strong suspicion he doesn't wish me to speak.
"Give sorrow a Sailor smile."
~ "Makenai" by Hanazawa Kae; Sailor Moon Stars, Season 5, episode 200

"Beyond this road, running on far and long, must surely be something we can believe in."
~ "Pure Heart" by Rikki; Final Fantasy VII, "Aerith's Theme"

Offline Rev. Shefyt

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 09:05:41 pm »
Wenut, Heru-hekenu, Heryshef, and Khonsu-Heru are probably the most obscure of the gods that I have relationships with. ^_^
Rev. Shefyt | daughter of Bast, beloved of Nut, Amun-Ra, and Wenut
Beginners Class Instructor | Heri-sesheta Bast | Divinations
Blog: Gold of the Valley, Lapis of the River

Offline BluePiaski

• Remetj
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2016, 01:07:51 pm »
While not my most major relationships, I do regularly honor Mehet-Weret & Kebechet. I've also worked with Maahes in the past. And I've developed an interest in Nehebkau, but I've yet to find the time to devote to it.

Offline Itenumuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 08:05:07 pm »
Almost all of my gods, barring Sekhmet and Wepwawet, can probably be considered odd gods. Nebt-het is fairly well-known but doesn't have a ton of children; Hethert-Nut is gaining popularity but still doesn't have many children, either. (*waves to Ha'aut*) Ma'ahes is lesser-known.

I also work with Sepa semi-regularly, and Wadjet, and Anhur, and Ptah (Whom I completely adore, and those who've said He's calm and steady and wonderful are absolutely right). Ptah is sort of the unofficial household god, since my partner and I are both writers and makers.

I've touched on Nehebkau briefly before - I have an enormous fondness for all the snake deities - and Renenutet and Wosret/Wesret. I also have a small relationship with Heh, Khepera, and Twtw.

Honestly, if it's a little-known god, I'm probably all excited about learning more and saying hi. >_>
Senebty, Tenu
𓇋𓏏𓈖𓏌𓏲𓂉𓏛𓄿𓏭
Child of Nebt-het & Hethert-Nut
Beloved of Ma'ahes, Serqet, & Wepwawet
𓉠𓃕𓄂𓆫𓃧

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 01:16:21 pm »
Almost all of my gods, barring Sekhmet and Wepwawet, can probably be considered odd gods. Nebt-het is fairly well-known but doesn't have a ton of children; Hethert-Nut is gaining popularity but still doesn't have many children, either. (*waves to Ha'aut*) Ma'ahes is lesser-known.

I also work with Sepa semi-regularly, and Wadjet, and Anhur, and Ptah (Whom I completely adore, and those who've said He's calm and steady and wonderful are absolutely right). Ptah is sort of the unofficial household god, since my partner and I are both writers and makers.

I've touched on Nehebkau briefly before - I have an enormous fondness for all the snake deities - and Renenutet and Wosret/Wesret. I also have a small relationship with Heh, Khepera, and Twtw.

Honestly, if it's a little-known god, I'm probably all excited about learning more and saying hi. >_>

Anhur and Sepa for the win! <3
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Senui-Iry-I

• Shemsu
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 02:13:56 pm »
My Mother and Beloveds are pretty popular. I consider my Father, Sobek-Ra, a lesser known name and I am very close to him.
Senui-iryi  (Iryi)
Sat Sobek-Ra her Hethert-Sekhmet,
Meryt Set her Yinepu-Wepwawet her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
𓆋 𓁥  𓁣 𓁢 𓋔
Sau apprentice

Offline Zef

• Shemsu
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 02:39:16 pm »
Looking at the members directory, I can only see one other person with Sokar (as opposed to Sokar-Wesir, Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, ect) in their lineup. I also have Sobek, though not sure if He counts. I also want to start getting to know Bes.

Sokar is very, uh, big. I don't know how to describe Him well. Very strange. Kind of scary, but not in a way that's His fault. Scary because I can't really comprehend Him that easily.
Yinepudjesef
Sa Yinepu-Wepwawet, mery Set, Sokar, her Sobek.

Offline drew_sassy

• Remetj
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2016, 02:58:54 pm »
Em hotep!!

I do not speak to any little known deity, yet!  ::)

I just wanted to comment to show you a list of the Egyptian Deities and most of the little known deities are there hehe
Of course, it may not be all of the deities but I'm trying.
It's a research I'm doing on each Deity, it may take a lot of time, because they're a lot! I will write about each one of them. From A to Z, so I just started with Aker, which, from the little information I found is a little known deity.

If anybody wants to help me with this research I will be more than happy!! If not, but you will see my research, I will be very happy, as well..

My blog is on my signature but if you want already the List of Egyptian Deities, this is the link: Link

Thank you!!  ;D ;D
Yoga, Astrology, Tarot, Art, Theatre

Blog

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298672
  • stats Total Topics: 20479
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955