collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 46
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: About Sekhmet  (Read 4324 times)

Offline Jacklyn

• Remetj
About Sekhmet
« on: December 12, 2016, 10:57:37 pm »
Em hotep everyone, I was just wondering about a few things since I'm in the process of editing/sending in my rpd questionnaire about Sekhmet? I was mostly working with Heru before I signed up for the beginners course and during that time I felt a strong pull to Sekhmet and began to do senut for her. I've never worked with a goddess before  and I'm trying to get a full picture of her as a Netjer. My question is what is She like personally and personality wise? What is it like to have her as a parent, are there certain traits between all her children?
Thanks in advance,
Senebty.
Sha'anemheru
'Sprung forth from Heru'
Shanem <3

Self-care Khonsu Keeper

Online Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
Re: About Sekhmet
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 11:03:13 pm »
This person had a similar topic

Sekhmet is a very large Name. Everyone has their own view of the gods and Sekhmet is no different. No two people have the same understanding or outlook on her.

For me Sekhmet is expansive, huge, and infinite. She is all the things and no thing. She is inside and outside. She can be so many colors and do so many things. Many of our gods are huge and can become hard to understand. Humans like to box things up, make them simple to understand. I don't really think the gods fit in a box very easily. :3
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 My Carrd

Offline Jacklyn

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 07:43:28 pm »
Thank you for the link it helped quite a bit, I didn't see that before posting. Also thank you for your response. 
Sha'anemheru
'Sprung forth from Heru'
Shanem <3

Self-care Khonsu Keeper

Offline Asetzeresi

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 11:38:45 am »
Em Hotep!

Sekhmet is one of my beloveds and has also been one of the loudest names in my lineup since having my RPD done.
For me she is the passion behind the doing of all inspirations...desire made manifest. She is the heat of the fire, the shadow cast by the physical when her fire casts its light against it. This can be frightening, but more often her ability to highlight life's contrast is illuminating and uplifting.
Personally, I've had issues with manifesting my inspirations by seeing them to completion. In this sense as well, she has been a great personal help to me to overcome stagnicity.
Asetzeresi (Aset Awakens Me)
Sat Aset-Serqet, meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun-Ra, her Bast.

Offline Suwadjsenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 08:42:49 pm »
Sekhmet is my Mother and I knew her even before I found KO. Pre-KO time, I served her alone; but since my RPD, I formally found that I have a second Parent, Khonsu! But Sekhmet was the one who really brought me into the Kemetic world. She is amazing, and I'm not sure I could ever do her justice in describing her here, but I will try my best to tell you about how I see her and how she has changed over time and what working with her is like.

When I first met Sekhmet, I felt some really undeniable things. I constantly felt drawn to her, and I seemed to always have her name in my mind. When she was near, I would feel her presence as a source of heat on my back; I think that it was her, breathing her desert breath on my shoulders. So, in other words: when she wants you to know something, she will make sure you are quite aware! In my experience, she is not a subtle netjer. She is not a "ham" or a "show off" though. Sekhmet is not really about ego stuff or puffing herself up; she already knows she is extremely powerful and her very name is a testament to strength itself. I see her as very no-nonsense, very blunt, and a huge proponent of right action.

In how she has worked with me during the time I've known her, I mainly see her in two different roles: the Purifier & Healer and the Warrior for Ma'at.

As the Purifier/Healer, Sekhmet is a fiery force burning away what has become old or harmful or unworthy or a source of isfet. Sometimes, this is literally curing sickness, especially since Sekhmet is considered both a giver and remover of plagues. In this way, she is a healer. She brings things to a higher state of being, by acting as the Purifying Flame, removing the issues and dirt and rust and illness so that things can shine again.     

As the Warrior for Ma'at, Sekhmet acts as a fierce goddess, leading the King's armies into battle. As the lioness, she is considered a goddess of vengeance who defeats the enemies of her father Ra. In my personal view of this Warrior aspect, I feel that my Mother is a force of vengeance, bringing the enemies of Ma'at to justice, and enforcing the laws of Ma'at in the world. In my personal life, I tie my own social activism to this aspect.   
"two refresh me"
Sekhmet & Khonsu
Yinepu & Aset
"When we go before Him, God will ask, 'Where are your wounds?' And we will say, 'I have no wounds.' And God will ask, 'Was there nothing worth fighting for?'"
--Allan Boesak

Offline Akhyt

• Sema Kau Bak
  • W'ab (priest)
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 01:27:06 pm »
While I know that many people experience Sekhmet as a loud Name, I get Them as the most quiet One in my lineup. I'm not sure if that is because the Sekhmet I get is somewhat different than They are to others, or just because Everyone else in my lineup is so intense.

For me, Sekhmet is most intensely present in things related to my physical health. When I did regular physical exercise, I devoted it to Sekhmet, and it seemed to please Them.

In face of great or especially blatant injustice, They emerge as fiery and loud, as Sekhmet-Nesret, Who is flame and rage and power.
Akhytsenu, "Two Are Flying"
Sat Tefnut, Ra-Heruakhety & Hekatawy I
Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Shu, Djehuty & Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

Pronoun: they/them/their/themself

Offline Udjariyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 11:25:43 am »
Em Hotep!
While Sekhmet is one of my beloveds before I had my RPD done I worked with her primarily, for quite a while.
I get different impressions of her depending on the situations. For example when I used to work for a Veterinarian, or I would help foster animals I got almost entirely her healer aspects, very no nonsense cut the bad out to save the rest, kind of attitude, similar to when I dedicate physical health things to her.
However there are many times I get more Hethert mixed in and she's a little more soft around the edges but still all fire and driving force...if that makes sense.
Since my RPD she has gone a little quite as I build a relationship with Yinepu I think. In general no mater how she has presented more as the sense of determination and driving always forward has always been a staple and inspiration for me.
Hope that helps:).
Senebty.
My Tumblr and Wordpress
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert and Djehuty
Yinepu proceeds to(ward) me. Self care Yinepu Keeper

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124