Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 67
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Shadow Work  (Read 3257 times)

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
Shadow Work
« on: January 07, 2017, 12:41:25 pm »
Em Hotep everyone! :)

I think it's finally the time for me to undergo the shadow work training, after running from it for so long.
Of course it's going to take time. And from those who already work with it or heard/read about it, what can you say about the subject?
Are there any key points in the whole process of accepting one's shadow?

Senebty ^_^
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline A'Aqytsekhmet

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy
Re: Shadow Work
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 01:40:41 pm »
A lot of people think of it as a separate being. Your shadow is you. It's facing harsh honesty with yourself. It can be scarey if you have any doubts, regrets, and criticisms with yourself or your life.
Just be ready to have compassion for yourself, without excuses.
Sat Sekhmet-Nebetuu meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Zazzle Shop - Patreon[

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 01:54:46 am »
Yuppers. What I did yesterday was to write all the things in myself that I find hard to deal with and tried to find solutions to them. Of course it takes slow progress but having them actually written down, helps. Really helps. Instead of keeping all those things inside the head.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline CheshirePirouette

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 04:52:36 am »
Em hotep, Gleb <3

For me, shadow work is looking at past important events in my life and distancing myself from the emotions felt back then, and instead looking at it through a more logical lens.

So accepting that my emotions on the subject may have been valid, buuut I could have also handled the situation much better. It's like reconciling the parts of yourself that you would rather deny exist.

It's also a continuous process, though I do sort of wish there were a 5-step plan to do shadow work once and be done with the whole thing  ;)

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 12:18:57 pm »
Em hotep, Gleb <3

For me, shadow work is looking at past important events in my life and distancing myself from the emotions felt back then, and instead looking at it through a more logical lens.

So accepting that my emotions on the subject may have been valid, buuut I could have also handled the situation much better. It's like reconciling the parts of yourself that you would rather deny exist.

It's also a continuous process, though I do sort of wish there were a 5-step plan to do shadow work once and be done with the whole thing  ;)
Haha yes, a 5-step plan would be much easier. Yet I agree that it is a process. Usually before reacting rashly, I try to pause for a moment, analyze the situation and think if I can react differently.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Senui-Iry-I

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 07:08:27 pm »
It's very true it's a long process, sometimes lifelong. I will be doing shadow work for the rest of my life (which I don't consider that a bad thing). I tend to do a lot of work, get used to my shadow, then it creeps back in and I have to learn to accept and begin to change new things I find. It's tough, but it has lead to a lot of major improvements in my life!

An extremely simple but effective exercise I like to do frequently is to just ask "why?" until I get at the very root of a behavior and then I can start working to change it.
Senui-iryi  (Iryi)
Sat Sobek-Ra her Hethert-Sekhmet,
Meryt Set her Yinepu-Wepwawet her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
𓆋 𓁥  𓁣 𓁢 𓋔
Sau apprentice

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 01:27:59 am »
It's very true it's a long process, sometimes lifelong. I will be doing shadow work for the rest of my life (which I don't consider that a bad thing). I tend to do a lot of work, get used to my shadow, then it creeps back in and I have to learn to accept and begin to change new things I find. It's tough, but it has lead to a lot of major improvements in my life!

An extremely simple but effective exercise I like to do frequently is to just ask "why?" until I get at the very root of a behavior and then I can start working to change it.
Exactly. Nobody said it'd be easy but the results are amazing. <3
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 05:48:07 am »
Recently I had a conversation with a friend of mine in whatsapp and during the conversation I found out the shadow work process has paid off so far.
I think umm... That the sides in our personality that we were forced to push aside can be of a lot of use in different situations, if used properly. ;)
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Senytmenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 12:32:09 pm »
Em hotep, Gleb,

That the sides in our personality that we were forced to push aside can be of a lot of use in different situations, if used properly.

This is very true.  Many people think of Shadow as their "bad self," when it can also be a survival mechanism that can help us in difficult situations if we learn how to control and channel it correctly. 

For example, the training that our military puts soldiers through is designed (consciously or not) to unlock Shadow in order for them to be able to operate in environments that are dangerous, and to do things in their jobs as protectors and defenders that normal civilians would find repellent.  Unfortunately, our military doesn't bother with programs that put Shadow to rest when our soldiers are back from deployments; hence, the large amounts of PTSD cases we see.

We need to get comfortable with Shadow and not regard it as some sort of malignant opponent, but as a necessary component of ourselves and a tool to our better evolution.

"The light that will heal the world will shine brighter to the degree that we are willing to know and accept our own darkness." ~ Mariana Caplan, PhD, author and therapist.
Senytmenu (The Two Endure)
Sat Sekhmet & Wepwawet
Meryt Bast, Set & Aset
Heri-seshta Sekhmet

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2017, 02:30:25 am »
Mmhm. One of my teachers in high school served in the fighting battalions. He told me once that the purpose of the training is to break them, so they can learn more about themselves, use that shadow in the sense and also bring each other closer.
Unfortunately the military system isn't always fair towards the soldiers.

I like the quote. Recently I saw another quote by Bob Marley - "Light up the darkness". I think in the sense of shadow work, it can be understood as use the shadow for the good purpose of life.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Djehutyendy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2017, 08:13:43 pm »
Em hotep Gleb and everyone!

I had never heard of shadow work before, but I found this thread interesting so I did a quick search to see what it is about. It sounds very intriguing and might be something I would be interested in exploring. Do you all have any resources you would recommend for a newbie such as myself to learn more about it? Google brings up a lot of results, but I would be interested to see what you all might recommend.

Thanks and Senebty :)
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Fundraising Bak | Shemsu-Ankh Liaison | Fedw Diviner | Sau Apprentice
Blog

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 10:15:12 am »
I like this link - http://www.theworkofthesoul.com/shadowwork.htm , it explains pretty well (at least for me) about shadow work. Try this. :)
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Djehutyendy

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 11:00:33 am »
Great, thank you so much, Gleb! I saw this site but didn't read anything on it. I will certainly try this :)
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Fundraising Bak | Shemsu-Ankh Liaison | Fedw Diviner | Sau Apprentice
Blog

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2979
  • stats Total Posts: 287010
  • stats Total Topics: 19449
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217