[PUBLIC] About the Kemetic Orthodox Religion > [PUBLIC] Serving the World: Ma'at In Action

Shadow Work

(1/3) > >>

Gleb:
Em Hotep everyone! :)

I think it's finally the time for me to undergo the shadow work training, after running from it for so long.
Of course it's going to take time. And from those who already work with it or heard/read about it, what can you say about the subject?
Are there any key points in the whole process of accepting one's shadow?

Senebty ^_^

Rev. Ma'atnofret:
A lot of people think of it as a separate being. Your shadow is you. It's facing harsh honesty with yourself. It can be scarey if you have any doubts, regrets, and criticisms with yourself or your life.
Just be ready to have compassion for yourself, without excuses.

Gleb:
Yuppers. What I did yesterday was to write all the things in myself that I find hard to deal with and tried to find solutions to them. Of course it takes slow progress but having them actually written down, helps. Really helps. Instead of keeping all those things inside the head.

CheshirePirouette:
Em hotep, Gleb <3

For me, shadow work is looking at past important events in my life and distancing myself from the emotions felt back then, and instead looking at it through a more logical lens.

So accepting that my emotions on the subject may have been valid, buuut I could have also handled the situation much better. It's like reconciling the parts of yourself that you would rather deny exist.

It's also a continuous process, though I do sort of wish there were a 5-step plan to do shadow work once and be done with the whole thing  ;)

Gleb:

--- Quote from: CheshirePirouette on April 05, 2017, 04:52:36 am ---Em hotep, Gleb <3

For me, shadow work is looking at past important events in my life and distancing myself from the emotions felt back then, and instead looking at it through a more logical lens.

So accepting that my emotions on the subject may have been valid, buuut I could have also handled the situation much better. It's like reconciling the parts of yourself that you would rather deny exist.

It's also a continuous process, though I do sort of wish there were a 5-step plan to do shadow work once and be done with the whole thing  ;)

--- End quote ---
Haha yes, a 5-step plan would be much easier. Yet I agree that it is a process. Usually before reacting rashly, I try to pause for a moment, analyze the situation and think if I can react differently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version