collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Dietary choices and the Gods  (Read 8608 times)

Offline Rev. Tjesi

• W'ab (priest) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
Re: Dietary choices and the Gods
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 04:38:48 pm »
I am currently doing an elimination diet to find my food intolerances. The process I'm working through involves very limited choice of foods and my best source of protein is meat and fish.

Due to possible health issues, when I finish this process I may not be able to eat dairy, gluten, nuts, seeds, or legumes. With those limitations I choose to eat meat, poultry, and fish. I'm slowly moving over to buying only humanely raised and fed meats and poultry.

I admire vegans. I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian. But given how things are right now, I eat meat.

I have never heard a complaint from the gods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert (Ibi)

Offline Johnny Charlton

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 07:15:18 pm »
Congratulations. I have been gradually making that transition my self to Alkaline Water and Foods. I hear a lot about Dr. Sebi 's Alkaline Foods Advocacy.

Offline Meresinepu

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 09:53:27 pm »
Hotep Ibi,

Nods...I know that some of the members do have some dietary restrictions either from a medical standpoint (like allergic to them) or from their Parent(s) or Beloved(s).   

For me personally, Yinepu does not care if I eat meat.  We both prefer wild (shot by myself if possible) meat any day over store bought meat.   I'm getting to the point of not eating red meat except every few months.  I eat a lot of fish and chicken as well as soup, salad and cereal.

It is my understanding that if your Parent/Beloved does not want you to eat it ..you'll be told or you'll have a very, very bad reaction to it and come to find out you're not supposed to eat it period.

Since I'm a jackal ..I think we are more of a scavenger than say a lion so again, Yinepu is ok with me eating just about anything I want to eat ...

I'd like to hear how this goes for you when you are done as I think I do have allergies to some foods and I need to get tested for it so I can confirm that.

Appreciate you posting this information.

Senebty!

Meres 

Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Tanes

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 02:56:52 pm »
Moms have not expressed any aversion to anything I've eaten thus far, but I've been guided toward certain things on occasion and gotten a few resounding "Ugh, not this again!" and  "You know that's not good for you..." type indicators before.

I am not a chocolate person, never have been, but over the last several years I've developed a tolerance for some of the nicer varieties, thanks to Them. (Nothing quite like experiencing a battle Royale internally over whether I should get the really dark, bitter or the sweet milk chocolate, and trying not to look insane externally. The correct answer is: both)

Tanes

Senebty!
--------------------------------
"The Flame of my Mothers"
Sat Bast-Mut her Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Nit-Nebt-het-Seshat
Shemsu & Sau apprentice

Offline Maruisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 05:07:28 pm »
I'm hotep!

I find that eating meat hurts my belly, and ive recently figured out I may be lactose intolerant.

So I've decided to become a vegetarian, on my way (slowly) to being vegan.

Is that frowned upon?

I'm sure all I need to do is ask the Netjeru, but I haven't been able to perform a Senut yet do to lack of natron and proper clothes,
(Feb. 1st is when I will be able to get it.) And was wondering if anyone else here was vegetarian?
Maruisenu
"Two Who are Supports"
𓃝 𓃭 - 𓃽

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 06:33:09 pm »
The best diet is the one which nourishes you and puts you in your best health over the long term. Sheepchild, have you been tested for food allergies and intolerances? There may also be a low stomach acid issue.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Maruisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2017, 07:49:45 pm »
The best diet is the one which nourishes you and puts you in your best health over the long term. Sheepchild, have you been tested for food allergies and intolerances? There may also be a low stomach acid issue.

Not yet. Mainly because I've never thought about it. I'll see what I can do in the future.
Also the vegetarian diet makes me feel really good. I seem to have more energy, and I'm a bit happier.
Maruisenu
"Two Who are Supports"
𓃝 𓃭 - 𓃽

Offline Rev. Shezatwepwawet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 08:08:20 pm »
Sheepchild, if you are able to have such tests done, you may also want major vitamin and mineral levels checked. (as in vitamin D, K, K2, iron, etc.)
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Maruisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 08:42:07 pm »
Ah! I will make a note!
Maruisenu
"Two Who are Supports"
𓃝 𓃭 - 𓃽

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100