collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 70
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Set and anger  (Read 6160 times)

Offline kathleen

• Remetj
Re: Set and anger
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 12:37:23 am »
Quote from: Padememheru link=topic=20782.msg293296#msg293296 date
Also, Set is very much a chaotic good type of god.  "He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not always agree with that of society."

I didn't always play D&D when I was younger, but when I did, my characters were chaotic good.  :)
Redheads are descended from cats. --Mark Twain

Offline Wepwyitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 09:44:37 am »
Well, I can agree with this:
He follows his own moral compass, which, ...., may not always agree with that of society.
and don't want do maunder, but there's my opinion that even a human is more complicated than any AD&D, MBTI or any other classification. So could we say for sure, God is such and such? Why don't you think He could be chaotic neutral or even chaotic evil? What's so wrong with anger? I don't believe He tame it, I think He knows how to deal with it.
Child of Sokar-Wesir and Ra-Heruakhety
Beloved of Bast and Set.

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 12:16:58 am »
Why don't you think He could be chaotic neutral or even chaotic evil? What's so wrong with anger? I don't believe He tame it, I think He knows how to deal with it.

Actually, via KO theology, the Netjeru are never evil or even neutral. They are each the individual manifestations of the divine power, Netjer, in accordance with Ma'at. We may not always perceive the full scope of or reasons behind the things they do, but they act in accordance with Ma'at and are thusly never evil. Even Set, as misunderstood as he might be sometimes , is good.  He still rides at the prow of the barque of millions of years ready to fend off and destroy Ap-p.

Senebty,
Emsa

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

Offline Wepwyitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 12:23:29 am »
Asetemsatweret, okay, I can agree with it, especially if we define Ma'at as "good".
The other thing, we can define it as "lawful"  :)
Beloved of Bast and Set.

Offline Asetemsatweret

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 12:35:56 am »
Asetemsatweret, okay, I can agree with it, especially if we define Ma'at as "good".
The other thing, we can define it as "lawful"  :)
I would agree with the definition of lawful so long as we recognize that the laws of Ma'at are not always the same as human laws or human social norms. In this way, I could perceive where someone might view Set, or any of the Netjeru for that matter, as chaotic. His/their actions will necessarily go beyond the scope of our understanding sometimes, even to the point of appearing chaotic. Now from my understanding, Set does have a particular knack for this, but I don't personally interact with Him enough to know first hand.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

-Emsa

"Aset [is] on the Great Throne"
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Amun, HetHert-Sekhmet, her Seshat-Nit-NebtHet

Offline Wepwyitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 01:03:56 am »
I like to think of it altogether as:
"Here are the rules. Then, there's Seth, as an exception. But alogether it's Ma'at and it works. Nice plan, right? Noone would say I haven't foreseen the exception"
Beloved of Bast and Set.

Offline Salqu

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 10:06:21 am »
It really depends a lot on the situation, I find he tends to get really angry when an injustice has been committed against those close to him, especially when it causes anger in those close to him, he tends to get angry a lot, however I have heard him called "he who controls his anger" I feel it could be positive for you to follow his example and channel it into something productive.

Offline S'ashasenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2019, 06:44:14 pm »
I have never associated Set and anger very closely at all.  For me, he has been stern, and blunt, and matter-of-fact, but I have never seen any anger in my dealings with him.  He expects me to be the best I can be in any given situation, and he doesn't like it when I try to cut corners (which I don't do very often!) but he is never angry.  He can be stern, but there is always an affection behind his eyes.  He teaches.  A LOT.  I've never been angry with him either.  Really, he is just amazing, and he keeps me accountable to myself, through constantly challenging whether I am doing and being, the best I can be. 
S'ashasenu (Asha)
"Two Are Many" or "Two Multiply/Make Many"

Sat Bast her Amunet, and Meryt Set
"Stay in the light, princess."

Offline meskhenet

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 10:58:34 am »
Em hotep!

This is just a theory and I can't speak for you or how you feel, but something Sutekh has always made me feel was anger and frustration through trial and error. I've recently come out of extremely tough times and I feel like it was something that Sutekh had made me go through in order to build me up and to make me stronger. Of course, I still had troubles during that time, and I still suffered, but in the end, he still showed his support. With my relationship with him (which I see as paternal), he's only ever wanted to make me a stronger individual and more independent than I previously was. I feel like he forces you to become frustrated to come out better on the other side.

He's very strict and he's very overbearing when it comes to solving your problems on your own. He will often become aggressive in order to force you forward. He pushes you to be frustrated to urge you to move forward and past the hard times. And although this can be very frustrating (especially for a sensitive soul like myself), he does this all out of love.

I'm not sure if this is very helpful, but this is primarily what I feel throughout my time with him.
A young Kemetic who is still learning about himself and his connection with the Netjer. I'm strictly Kemetic.
-----
Sutekh, Sobek, and Yinepu

Offline Ushedimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 01:51:37 pm »
Em hotep,

It's interesting how everyone gets Set as angry or chaotic or hard and aggressive, as I do not get Him like that at all. (Note: I am not invalidating anyone's experiences, just remarking on how we can get different sides of the same god).

I get a very tender and gentle Set. He doesn't coddle me, mind you, but He is gentle. He is sad. He understands my pain and trauma. He will gently push me into what I need to do, but also be at my side all the way. He is so often with me at therapy, and I take inspiration on His will to survive.

Sure, sometimes He shows me His rowdy, playful, fun-loving side, and I have seen Him truly angry once (the anger wasn't at me, however), but for the most part, He is a great comfort to me. He's protective, but also uplifting. He teaches me to find my own strength though His incredibly powerful love. After I do a tough and upsetting thing, He is right there, comforting me. He will tell me things I need to hear, but never cruelly or harshly. He is blunt, but not brutal. He does not break down my life -- I am broken enough -- but teaches me how to overcome when my life does break down.

He has taught me so, so much about myself, and I don't know where I'd be without Him.

Senebty,
Ushedi
Ushedimuti | "My Mothers address me."

{ Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Mafdet, meryt Set!
Self-Care Sekhmet Supporter / Advocate | Self-Care Set Keeper
daughter-of-the-red-land.tumblr.com }

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 02:03:46 pm »
I get the tender/gentle Set too.  The "lean on me when you can no longer stand" Set. 
Tasedjebbast,
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu-Wepwawet & Sekhmet-Hethert
Beloved of Set & Heru-wer Who Are the Bawy
Beloved of Aset-Serqet

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 04:13:59 pm »
I don't get an angry Set, either!  I get the "I'm really proud of you, kid!" Set.  Maybe not soft spoken, but ALWAYS full of love.

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Iwaat

• Shemsu
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 05:02:54 pm »
I've never really experienced Set as angry before. Usually I get the loud joyful, laughing,playful Or protective Set.

Senebty
Iwa'at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Iwa'at Bast-Mut~
Bast-Mut's Heritage
Sat Bast-mut
Meryt Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Hethert-Sekhmet
*Sau apprentice*

Offline MeritAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2019, 08:32:58 pm »
I get the Mr Stabby side (the old guard will remember that name 😁). But literally, He stabs me. Always in the left wrist. I’m not a fan I have to confess.
MeritAset - The One Whom Aset Loves
Sat Aset, Meryt Heru-Wer her NebtHet

Offline Tatuayinepu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2019, 12:03:01 am »
I get a quiet, dignified, strong and patient Set. He knows pain, heartache, and loneliness like few do. I sense that He is capable of big destruction, but will not do it without reason.
Tatuayinepu "The one Yinepu sustains"

Child of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Hekatawy Alexandros I (AUS); Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Heru Sa Aset, Set, and Heru wer

Sau Apprentice/Fedw diviner for Yinepu,Sed/Fundraising Team

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2937
  • stats Total Posts: 286214
  • stats Total Topics: 19408
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything