collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 83
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: RPD and Akhu Divination  (Read 4984 times)

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
Re: RPD and Akhu Divination
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2017, 11:09:54 am »
Em Hotep,

Heqat is also rare. So far I'm her only child, though there are at least two who have Her as Beloved. I think She's holding onto things until She can have her "Rain of Frogs" so to speak.

Also, part of the reason we do not get anyone from to Ogdoad aside from Amun/Amunet is because those Gods are literally dead Gods. This is what I recall Hemet saying at one point, so if anyone can add further explanation, that would be great.

Senebty,
~Rev. Mesetibes
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Riley.rifle

• Remetj
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2017, 03:09:38 pm »
Em hotep,

I'm interested in this concept of "literally dead Gods"?
I thought the only God who could experience death was Wesir and that makes Him unique among the Netjeru... Is this understanding incorrect? Or is this subject a little more complicated?

Senebty,
Leaha
🙌☀
Dua Ra!
Dua Netjer!
~_^

Offline Tatjasobekra

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2017, 06:45:43 pm »
Yeah, I think there's one Sobek kid and only myself and a sister are Sobek-Ra daughters on these forums these days. :)
Sat Sobek-Ra
Meryt Wadjet, Djehuty, Bast her Aset-Serqet

Mudang (korean shaman-priest) ; God Divination, Kut Ceremony, Prayerwork by appointment.
{ Temple Fundraiser ; tumblr }

Offline Maruisenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 09:12:17 pm »
Tbh I'm really scared about getting my RPD done. I want to, I really do.

But I'm scared that it won't be the One who I am most fond of.

But honestly finding out my parents would be awesome for me, as I grew up in an abusive household and didn't really get to experience "parents".

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Maruisenu
"Two Who are Supports"
𓃝 𓃭 - 𓃽

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2017, 12:42:50 am »
Em hotep,

I thought the only God who could experience death was Wesir and that makes Him unique among the Netjeru... Is this understanding incorrect? Or is this subject a little more complicated?

Senebty,
Leaha

Em Hotep Leaha,

It was because these Gods, with the exception of Amun and Amunet, gave their lives in order to make something bigger. You might actually want to ask Hemet for further clarification on this in the Ask the Nisut forums. She'll be able to expand on this better than I can.

Wesir did die, that is true. He is also literally a dead God as well.

Senebty,
~Rev. Mesetibes

Edit: Ah-hah! Found it. It was literally Djehuty in His role as Djehuty-Setem, the priest of the dead Who buried the Ogdoad at creation. Basically, from my understanding, is the Ogdoad became something else, and in order to do so, they had to die. Amun and Amunet seem to be the only exceptions to that, though they themselves also change and shift in their roles after the others are buried in the great mound.

I would still advise asking Hemet to get a clearer explanation though. :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:52:41 am by Maretemheqat »
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Nehwen

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2017, 08:37:56 am »
Tbh I'm really scared about getting my RPD done. I want to, I really do.

But I'm scared that it won't be the One who I am most fond of.

But honestly finding out my parents would be awesome for me, as I grew up in an abusive household and didn't really get to experience "parents".

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk
Em hotep, *henu*

There's always that possibility. I remember being terrified that Wesir and Bast wouldn't show up. That said, most of the time, a person's instincts tend to be fairly spot on. Maybe not in the order or exact combination expected, but They do show up. In my case, my only ("only", heh) Parent is Wesir, and Bast is the first of two Beloveds.

And all that said, RPD results don't automatically take away from any existing relationships you have with a Name. Even if They aren't "official," They're still there. The RPD aspects are, at the end of the day, just one part of you.

I can relate, a little, to that last part. Having a Father is...nice.

Senebty,
Nehwen
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 08:39:55 am by Nehwen »
Sat Wesir | Meryt Bast her Serqet-Aset

Now not only day shall be beloved, but night too shall be beautiful and blessed and all its fear pass away!. -J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Tanebet

• Rev Astrid - Ordained Clergy, Semer-Wati
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2017, 02:45:46 pm »
Em hotep,

Senebty,
Leaha

Em Hotep Leaha *henu*

"dead Gods" are usually Gods connected with creation and we find them in several cosmogonic myths. May is be the Ogdoad, a group of Nine Gods at Edfu or 10 Gods in Dendera.. Those Primeval Gods or Ancestor Gods fullfill a special task during the creation of the world and when their job was done they died. At times they arre called emanations or children of Ra or Tem. The Ancestor Gods even had their funerary cult and during the Beautiful Reunion Herurand Hethert visited the resting place of the Ancestor Gods.

Senebty
Tanebet
Tanebetheru "Heru's Lordship"
Sat Heru Sa Aset her Nisut (AUS), Meryt Ra-Heru-akhety her Heru-Behedety
Heri-Sesheta Heru-Sa-Aset

This is what I was born to: to live, to love, to know, to change and embrace the infinite.
Normandi Ellis: "Awakening Osiris"

Offline S'ashasenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2019, 03:57:47 pm »
I agree that, even when "known" that they will probably show up in RPD, it may not be in the order expected!  Amunet, one of my mothers, is also a rare.  There are just two daughters and one beloved that I am aware of.  I suspected she might be there, but I thought it would be as a beloved.  I had expected also, that Bast and Set would be my parents, as they were the "loudest".  However, the reality is that I am daughter of Bast and Amunet, and beloved of Set!  Since my divination, I have often been amazed at just how perfect this arrangement is for me.  I wouldn't have it any other way! :)
S'ashasenu (Asha)
"Two Are Many" or "Two Multiply/Make Many"

Sat Bast her Amunet, and Meryt Set
"Stay in the light, princess."

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2901
  • stats Total Posts: 283494
  • stats Total Topics: 19136
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 107
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything