collapse collapse

* Donation Status

0%
Current donation status as of July 22, 2021 = $0 of $2,500 or 0%
Previous period: $2,681.09 of $2,500! 107%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 4
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Questioning Faith  (Read 6574 times)

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
Re: Questioning Faith
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 02:04:16 am »
When I started working with Djehuty, he wanted me to learn the universal lessons in life. Sounds big, I know but these lessons belong to all religions and faiths, not just the Kemetic branches. And it makes sense to me. Often people research their own religion but don't look for what's universal to all faiths.
And I'm fine with it.

Regarding KO, I try to be a Remetj in every Kemetic temple or branch I encounter. At least as much as I can. I know it's not always possible but I try. For example I decided to stay away from the Nubian branch of Kemetism. It just doesn't work for me.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline FORMER MEMBER

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 07:14:52 am »
One suggestion I might make, too, is that there are some pretty amazing, radically accepting rabbis out there. As others have said, Judaism (depending on the branch, of course) is a wonderfully welcoming faith. Some of the ancient teachers (Hillel, for example) believed that the pagans of his day could in fact be, for lack of better words, wonderful Jews themselves, even if they didn't solely worship YHWH: providing they lived good lives, according to the Torah (which is to say, ethical lives), to him it didn't matter as much if they converted 100% or not.

The thing to remember is that obeying Torah has two different flavors to it: one is a universal set of ethics, which I just referred to. Anyone can abide by this, Jewish or not: Hillel himself summed it all up as "What is hateful to you, do not do to others; the rest is just commentary." The other flavor is for those who are Jewish, converts or born into the faith: much as anyone can follow the Netjeru, but Shemsu have a different set of responsibilities . . . Jewish folks have a different set of responsibilities to YHWH, because of who they are and the covenant YHWH has made with the Jewish people.

So I guess I'm saying that maybe, in your searching, you'll find a rabbi like Hillel, who will welcome you into their synagogue and accept that this is where you feel you are being led right now, but not where you may always be. I'm sure there are some wonderful communities which would welcome you to worship and study with them, even if you don't fully convert.

Don't fret, friend. Believe me, I was at seminary(!) when Djehuty popped back into my life and gently steered me towards KO, and it can be a scary thing. But there is nothing to be afraid of from simply studying and living amongst learned folk who happen to have a different faith from you. Hopefully, as I said, you can find a welcoming, radically accepting rabbi and synagogue from whom you could learn more and celebrate, if you so choose. <3

If you ever want to talk, my inbox is open.

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
Removed at request of former member.

Offline Salqu

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 09:34:27 am »
I do believe I have a feeling what is going on... Might I ask which Gods have been leading you away? Which Gods you tend to follow?

Offline Biwimuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 01:07:15 pm »
I do believe I have a feeling what is going on... Might I ask which Gods have been leading you away? Which Gods you tend to follow?

I mainly follow Sekhmet and Set.
Biwi
“My two mothers set a good example (for me).”

Child of Sekhmet-Hethert and Serqet-Aset.
Beloved of Khonsu, Set, and Wepwawet-Yinepu.

Offline Salqu

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2017, 04:04:44 am »
Then I really have no idea why that is happening

Offline Riley.rifle

• Remetj
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 01:50:47 pm »
Em hotep,
Wow. I just learned a lot. Like a lot, a lot. Wow. Thank you for bringing this up. This is very fascinating to me. I'm always curious about other cultures and/or religions. And especially the origins of a religion.
Senebty,
Leaha
~Renn

🙌🌞
Dua Ra!
Dua Netjer!

Offline Djehutydjesi

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 07:23:40 am »
I've been with the House since 2000(2001?) and frankly I'm sort of at this point myself. I've had very strong and leading dreams calling me to Pure Land Buddhism (and also the Urantia Book is pulling me from that as well, but nothing's certain there yet...) It *is* stressful. I feel like I'm betraying my Gods but also that something in me is evolving away from it and also being actively CALLED away to something different.
  How many theologies can I be expected to juggle? Yet I know damn well the Names exist, I've met too many to deny it. Yet Amida Buddha exists. The Urantia Book came from somewhere.
   To be honest, some days I'd just like to pull a metaphorical blanket over my head and go back to sleep.
Djehutydjesi (Djehuty called me)
Sa Djehuty ~ Heri Sesheta
Mery Hethert-Sekhmet her Amun

Offline Taji

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 02:17:39 pm »
To be honest, I'm kinda an atheist who nevertheless believes in gods. 

I told this to a friend and she's like, "You're a total Discordian!"

I'm like, "No, I'm not."

She's like, "See?"

I have a friend who's an atheist who says that for whatever reason, he just can't believe in a god.  It's not like he made a choice. It's just not in him.

And I'm like that, but in reverse.  I can't not believe in the Gods. But I can't provide proof and I think belief is a lot of flawed logic. So I can't argue in defense of my faith.  At all. 

So mostly I just shut up about it and label myself a humanist.

Senebty,

Taji
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 02:19:45 pm by Taji »
Αμάρανθεία Άμθεία (Antheia)
Daughter of Bast-Mut
Devoted to Aphrodite & Hera
am.antheia on insta

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3432
  • stats Total Posts: 302773
  • stats Total Topics: 20929
  • stats Total Categories: 8