collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 56
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Surgery (But It's A Good Thing!)  (Read 7899 times)

Offline Lira

• Remetj
Re: Surgery (But It's A Good Thing!)
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2017, 04:28:49 am »
Nekhtet and Congrats! Wishing you a speedy recovery

Offline Gezausenu

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2017, 01:53:31 pm »
Em hotep, all!

Thank you again. <3 I believe my drains can come out tomorrow (finally! woof) and apart from GI issues due to the antibiotics and stress, I'm doing quite peachily. (For better or worse, I was too stubborn to take the narcotics starting the day after surgery. Set-kid, anyone?) ;)

My dad went home yesterday. It's rather nice to be alone. The trip, if nothing else, highlighted how distant we've grown and the gap in our relationship. It was pleasant to have him here, even if our interactions weren't always good--we rather walked on eggshells around each other--but it's also given me food for thought in how our relationship might be down the road, and a realistic picture of what it is now.

Anyway, thank you all. Even though everything looks pretty scary and bruised and swollen now, it's all healing well and every day is better than the last. Dua Sekhmet! ^_^

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
I have left the House, but free services for Papa Set and Mama Sekhmet will always be offered to anyone who asks. Please e-mail me at gezausenu@gmail.com if you need anything at all. Ever. <3

Offline Sema'a

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2017, 01:59:34 pm »
Nekhtet <3 I am happy you are healing well. Continued prayers for quick and uncomplicated recovery.
Sema'a Ankh Hen'a Semawy (Sobeqsenu)
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Jacklyn

• Remetj
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2017, 02:17:20 pm »
Nekhtet, praying that you have a speedy recovery (:
ฯSha'anemheruฯ
'Sprung forth from Heru'
Shanem <3

Self-care Khonsu Keeper

Offline Tjesi

• Rev Ellen, Ordained Priest - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2017, 02:48:29 pm »
Thinking of you and praying for you daily. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2017, 08:06:31 pm »
Dua Sekhmet!  Continued good healing to you, Gezausenu!

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Gezausenu

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2017, 03:21:06 pm »
Em hotep, all!

*deep breath*

So. My first post-op follow-up appointment today . . . did not go well.

Basically things aren't healing the way the surgeon expected. There's more swelling than he'd have thought--he said "Well it doesn't feel like a hematoma?"--and one, uhm, nipple is apparently "struggling for blood supply."

This is made all the more rattling by the fact that my dad's gone (for however distant we are, he was here), and the caregiver service I engaged is . . . not good. Not good at all. I have no trust in them, whatsoever, which essentially means I'm dealing with all of this alone. Not a big deal when everything's going well, but when it's not?

I have one more appointment Thursday, before I head home Friday (I hope?). I'm honestly frightened about what they'll say then. The surgeon had no bedside manner, nor did the nurse who assisted. I wasn't given time to ask questions, or even express my fear. Or the fact that, sure, taking off the ace wrap to apply ointment twice a day is fine, but . . . well, I don't know if I'll be able to rewrap myself?

I've since called the office to put in a message with the nurse who's helped me pre-op, and she's a sweetpea, so hopefully she'll be able to help undo some of this rattling that's been done.

I honestly thought all this was going great. Welp. Guess not.

*flumps*

Prayers to Mama Sekhmet that this isn't as bad as it seems would be very much appreciated, and that my body heals the way its supposed to. <3

Thank you all.

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 05:02:45 pm by Gezausenu »
I have left the House, but free services for Papa Set and Mama Sekhmet will always be offered to anyone who asks. Please e-mail me at gezausenu@gmail.com if you need anything at all. Ever. <3

Offline Pairysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2017, 03:33:25 pm »
Prayers, Gezausenu, and best wishes for your recovery.
𓅮
"The One Who Acts For Two"
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert her Set her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Mery Heru-wer, Sobek, her Min

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2017, 06:48:04 pm »
So sorry there's been some set backs, Gezausenu.  Prayers things get easier and healing goes more smoothly.

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Tjesi

• Rev Ellen, Ordained Priest - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2017, 07:55:59 pm »
Much love and continued prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2017, 10:43:30 pm »
Prayers on your way.
Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Miri

• Remetj
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2017, 02:31:52 am »
I'm so sorry that things have gone sideways like this, Gezausenu.  I'll be praying for the recovery process to improve, and for the people around you to come through for you and do better...
--Miri

Offline Lira

• Remetj
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2017, 05:25:55 am »
Sending you much love and prayers my friend. Please let us know how it goes Thursday. Thinking of you a lot and sending prayers as often as I can. Throw me a line if you just need to talk okay

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2017, 07:41:13 pm »
Much love for you, twin. So sorry to hear of all this. I hope that your body heals swiftly and wholly, and that you are able to find more support in this process. Prayers to our Parents both. <3
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | Tjemsy@kemet.org

Offline Gezausenu

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2017, 01:07:10 pm »
Em hotep nefer, all!

First, dua Set, and dua Sekhmet! (Both have had Their hands in this I think, haha.)

Second, the appointment today went so much better than I could have hoped for. Thank you so, so much for your continued prayers and support and love. <3

Essentially, the swelling is sloooowly subsiding, and as it turns out--not to get all TMI on y'all--but my li'l nip is a fighter! Apparently beneath all the scabbing mess there's healthy pink skin. It's not for sure going to make it but I sure feel a lot better than Monday (when I basically felt like a nipple killer--such weight to bear, that was).

The drains came out as well, and holy Gods, I feel so much better. Contrary to my previous experience with drains (which hurt horribly), these didn't hurt at all to remove! I get to wear a handy compression vest for a month or so, but still, it's fantastic to look in the mirror and know that that isn't a binder squishing things--what's there is just my chest, albeit swollen as it heals. <3

I'm praying that I'll be pure enough for Wep Ronpet, but even if not, there's much to celebrate and be grateful for.

I'll leave you now with what I said when waking up from the anesthesia, slurred-sleepy speech and all, just to end things on a light note. :)

Senebty,
Gezausenu.

Me: "You know, the best part of being a Trekkie is that I'm sitting here thinking how much easier this would be in the 23rd century."
My dad, after a pause: "Uhm, yeah. I guess. Just wave a wand and make it better."
Me: ". . . That's the wrong universe, Dad."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 05:31:35 pm by Gezausenu »

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3059
  • stats Total Posts: 291516
  • stats Total Topics: 19808
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 653