collapse collapse

* Donation Status

8%
Current donation status as of October 30, 2021 = $211.74 of $2,500 or 8%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 47
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: A Way to Remember  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Tephiliosa

• Remetj
A Way to Remember
« on: June 05, 2017, 09:00:40 am »
       Em hotep!

An idea came to mind of a list of ways that Netjer communicates with us. I had done some searching and could not find anything like this. I was pretty split between putting this here or in the suggestions board but this list may help someone in need more efficiently here. I'd like for our community to have a list of ways that Netjer communicates with us so that we can be reminded that we are not alone. It can be easy to get lost in intense emotions or overwhelming situations when Netjer may be right there trying to help. I hope that having this readily available to our community will preserve Ma'at and help us be closer to Netjer.
       Feel free to contribute as much as you like and to also give suggestions for new formats as the list grows. There are no limits on how specific or vague you can be with your contributions. Every bit helps!

I'll start us off with this: An urge or gut feeling to check the House of Netjer forums.

May Ma'at prevail! Senebty!
Preferred pronouns: They, Them

Offline Salqu

Re: A Way to Remember
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 04:41:53 am »
I have definitely had that before, and urge to check the forums, sometimes an urge to talk to someone through whom Netjeru have previously communicated to me through. A lot of the time they communicate through others. For me it is sometimes through dreams, though this is rarely the case. I have never been so fortunate as to have a direct communication from a Netjer though I very much wish this.

Offline Rev. Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 08:34:16 am »
This is a weird one, but feeling really sad after exiting Senut/shrine in general. I think this happens when I don't really feel NTR when I'm sitting in shrine, but it's like at the last second, my heart realizes that I am "leaving," and I feel sad. I just tell me that it's okay, my gods aren't going anywhere, and there is always more Senut to be had. ^^;
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | RevTjemsy@kemet.org

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 06:25:22 am »
Hmmmmm.. I always had messages delivered by the Neteru through dreams. Sometimes lucid, sometimes more vague. I think it's what works best for each individual. I think the Neteru also set our lives in advance with specific events, so we can grow as persons and develop our own potential.

Since I started shadow work, which is no accident in my opinion, my life has improved significantly. Also there is a saying, I believe Egyptian - "If you want to see God(s), observe nature". That's why I try to hike more and spend time among plants. It helps me relax and think clearly and calmly and enjoy every moment of life.

It feels my mouth with a slight taste of honey and vanilla. Metaphorically speaking.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Typhonian

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 07:25:58 pm »
I often get the urge to draw them. Or they'll take over a drawing that was un-related. (Sutah is really great at doing that.)

Offline Meresinepu

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 01:37:35 am »
Em hotep

I'm a child of Yinepu ...and he has some different ways to get my attention (all of my beloveds have their own unique way to talk to me it seems).

For Yinepu ..I get cartoons in my head, or a movie will play in my head and I will watch what's happening.  Sometimes I know what's going to happen before it does happen and other times I don't.  He's dropped books and pictures off of shelves and walls if he wants my immediate attention.   He will show me pictures of things that I've never seen prior, but I know that I will see that place again somewhere in the future.

I'm a visual kind of person ..while I have never seen any of Netjer's manifestions physically in my reality ..I do see them all the time in my mind's eye (third eye for you eastern tradition folks).  I see a lot of dead people that way ...I can go places and pick out the graveyards every time .... I did it in Chizen Itza the first time I was at the Ball court there.  I have always seen/heard dead people for a very long time. 

Yinepu also likes to let me know he's hanging around as I will smell the very specific incense I use for Shrine when He's hanging out.  It has happened at the office (of all places that's the one I don't like as I'm afraid one day someone else besides me may say ..Hey do you see that big Jackal headed man standing over there??).

Amun likes to talk to me in my dreams.  He likes to "hide in plain sight" when He is in the dream or wants to talk to me. 

Bast likes to use kitty cats (real ones) to get my attention or talk to me.  There will always be a kitty sitting outside on the sidewalk looking at my front door or one of my fur babies will come over and crawl up on me until it's staring me down.

Aset likes to use "magick" in my dreams to get my attention ...she's really freaky ..talk about morphing  ..she is the Queen in my opinion.

Hethert ..well she is just plain love ..and pink and hearts and giggling ...you can always tell when She's in the room ..the feeling of love is so much my face hurts afterwards from all the grinning.   Hethert is gentle and will also talk to me in my dreams.

One time I had the most amazing dream about how Netjer is One but also the Many.  I will never forget talking to Ra as the Falcon headed man only to watch his head grow the Ram Head and still he kept talking and then he turned into a scarab beetle as the Barque (with me in it) started it's journey into the Underworld ..and the whole time he's just talking like nothing funky was happening while I sat in the boat telling him I could not wrap my head around all that morphing.  I could never have imagined something that freaky on my own ...not in a million years :PP

Each of us has our own unique way(s) of communicating with the Netjer (Divine).  I love hearing how others communicate with the Gods both in our own tradition and the other ones out there.

Good question :)

Thank you.   

Senebty

Meres
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Senneferet

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 07:57:14 am »
I've had communication from Netjeru in a variety of ways. First and foremost they come to me in dreams. I have started to become aware that these dreams are not like my normal dreams but are more like visions and visits whilst I am asleep.

I have had voices in my head, so to speak, but have also physically heard Them. Hearing Anubis laugh/growl at you whilst alone in a funeral parlour is not one you forget!

I have experienced what some might call hallucinations. I believe Nit appeared as a very large golden glowing bee in a cafe once. My husband could not see any bee, glowing or otherwise, and for a while I felt very foolish.

Things and symbols will start to appear in my life and I will later find some connection to a god or goddess. My husband always says "when you pray, coincidences happen!" :)

Offline Rev. Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 11:09:34 am »
Moar stuff!

Set's statue has been very "smiley" lately. I love. <3

That feeling where you have your god's name on your lips, and every time you need to say a name, you automatically think of theirs.

Going about your everyday life, and getting a sudden urge to buy/offer a thing.

Seeing god imagery in your everyday life.

That "don't do that" feel, when offering a thing, or when you're being self-indulgent/making excuses/cutting corners, etc. I get feelings of tension, like I'm playing tug-of-war, when I should not do a thing. Sometimes it doesn't make any sense to me at the time, and I'm like "Are you sure about that, because that does not make sense" and lo and behold, it ends up making sense in the end. Usually I was missing information of some sort. ^^;
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | RevTjemsy@kemet.org

Offline Shezep_shuty

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 10:43:13 am »
Sometimes they have me playing guessing games. I will feel a specific type of energy nearby, and then have to figure out who it belongs to.

The other night one of them showed up. The energy was calming and purple. At first it reminded me of Nebt-het, but this was definitely male. Then I had a feeling of twillight which expanded outwards to show a picture like the one NASA took of the light ring around the earth, all the sunrises and sunsets at the same time. You'd think that sounds like Heruakhety, but I knew it wasn't one of the Herus. There was a mystical above-it-all sense. Finally I settled on Amun, the hidden one. Who ever it was didn't argue with that guess, so I just went with it.

Sometimes I feel bad for not recognizing who it is immediately, but they seem to do this a lot.

(I think maybe I did misidentify that one. It was probably Atum, not Amun! He didn't bother to correct me.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 12:02:03 pm by Shezep_shuty »
Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

Offline Saheru

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 09:52:08 am »
Music is often a way that Wesir will get in touch with me. Or a memory that I associate with him will flit into my awareness. Or I'll get drawn into a meditation while walking and "see" myself standing next to him beside the Nile.

It all depends on the day and the circumstance.
"You and I together are a single creation. Neither death nor spite nor fear nor ignorance stops my love for you..." - Hymn to Wesir from Awakening Osiris: The Egyptian Book of the Dead by Normandi Ellis.

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 11:26:13 am »
This is a weird one, but feeling really sad after exiting Senut/shrine in general. I think this happens when I don't really feel NTR when I'm sitting in shrine, but it's like at the last second, my heart realizes that I am "leaving," and I feel sad. I just tell me that it's okay, my gods aren't going anywhere, and there is always more Senut to be had. ^^;

I don't find this weird at all! I feel this too. I want to spend all my time in Senut, I want to hold onto that feeling of Their receiving my offerings and words as They receive them, but that's just not possible. Having to separate and bring rituals / prayers to an end does give me some pangs of sadness, but indeed, They aren't going anywhere. ;)

Addressing the OP now, the way the Netjeru communicate with me -- or rather, how I usually "get" Them -- is through dreams/nocturnal visions and through "tugs" (that is, mental-emotional impressions with one name on my heart and mind standing out strongly from all the rest). I never "hear" Them, in the sense of having [Netjer] speak to me in an audible, discernible voice during my waking hours, in-shrine or out. The other, obvious set of ways we communicate is through interpreting signs and doing/seeking-out divination.

Of these, dreams are the most unmistakeable occurrence for me. "Tugs" are a decently common occurrence for me, and happen in-shrine as well as out-of-shrine.

Senebty!
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3496
  • stats Total Posts: 304033
  • stats Total Topics: 21100
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 124