collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 61
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Aset-Wadjet?  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Tuteniaset

• Shemsu
Aset-Wadjet?
« on: July 06, 2017, 09:54:36 pm »
Em hotep! *henu*

I've often wondered with my studies of Netjerut that are referred to as Weret Hekau, if there's any syncornicity between them. Is there an Aset-Wadjet? Has anyone had experiences with Her? Are there other Weret Hekau Netjerut that are synchronized? Are they the most badass magick throwin ladies in all creation? These are the questions that plague me at night lol.

I feel like she does exist, to me anyways... but I can't find anything that has them synchronized.
Anyone else? UPG or founded in liturgy?

Thank you!

Senebty,

Jennifer
Tuteni
Sat Aset-Serqet 𓎬
Meryt Ra, Djehuty, her Wadjet
𓎬𓆫 𓅄𓁟𓆗
Usui Reiki Master/Teacher

Offline A'Aqytsekhmet

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy
Re: Aset-Wadjet?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 10:22:51 pm »
 For Weret-Hekau, think of this more as a title than their own goddess. It means 'Great of Magic.' There are many many goddesses with this title. Our gods tend to blend together, especially those connected to the Eye (Eye of Ra, solar Eye). There are many syncs that can happen. Like Bast-Wadjet or Sekhmet-Aset or Hethert-Tefnut. They are all very much connected, with the title Weret-Hekau being one of those connecting pieces.

This link might be useful for your personal understanding of Were-Hekau
Sat Sekhmet-Nebetuu meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Zazzle Shop - Patreon[

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 12:29:11 am »
Em hotep! *henu*

I've often wondered with my studies of Netjerut that are referred to as Weret Hekau, if there's any syncornicity between them. Is there an Aset-Wadjet? Has anyone had experiences with Her? Are there other Weret Hekau Netjerut that are synchronized? Are they the most badass magick throwin ladies in all creation? These are the questions that plague me at night lol.

I feel like she does exist, to me anyways... but I can't find anything that has them synchronized.
Anyone else? UPG or founded in liturgy?

Thank you!

Senebty,

Jennifer

Em hotep nefer, Jennifer! :)

At Per-Wadjet, Aset and Wadjet did eventually become syncretized, partially on account of the Precinct of Heru there, yes. ("Synchronize" has to do with time; "syncretize" has to do with two or more things synthesizing a whole new thing in addition to the original two-or-more-things. ;) ) I also want to say that mention of Aset-as-Wadjet / Wadjet-as-Aset occurs at the Temple of Philae, and/or at Debod (the Temple itself is now in Spain; it was originally located somewhere South of Aswan and was by all accounts significantly influenced by Nubian religion) . . . buuuuut I might be having a "Brian Williams misremembers" moment on that line.

Hopefully this helps somehow!

Senebty!
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 12:54:31 am »
Addendum: It's not altogether uncommon that both Aset and Nebethet are depicted as cobras. They sometimes even appropriated the "vulture-and-cobra" iconographic pair most commonly associated with Nekhbet and Wadjet, particularly during the New Kingdom Period. But, in those instances, it seems that Wadjet tends to correlate more frequently with Nebethet, and Nekhbet with Aset. However, that does not by any means rule out Aset ever being associated with Wadjet. The examples of Aset-as-Wadjet or vice-versa that I may or may not be recalling entirely correctly are Ptolemaic and Roman Period for the most part, though.
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 06:21:13 am »
Em hotep!

Yes, Aset with snake form is often seen in Roman era.

One example at LACMA:
http://collections.lacma.org/node/245135

Another example at the British museum:
http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?objectId=123634&partId=1

Two more examples:
http://joanannlansberry.com/fotoart/lacma/jhc-serp.png

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Sekhepenaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 10:57:54 am »
Em hotep Jenniferi *henu*

I'll share this since we're talking of possible associations between Aset's connection to snakes

I've worked with Wadjet a bit in the past but not much.  She's protective and helped me with work I was doing surrounding that feature or so

I talked of this in a Tea with Bast chat not too long ago where I experience Aset as a sea serpent, sort of Dragon at times.  For me, that is the animal form She takes.  Similar in form to the basilisk in the Harry Potter films. 

And I know in the Roman cult of Isis and for Roman Isis' devotees, they'll offer Her snake images or statues or ornaments as offerings...I've also seen Kemetics do this too.  Me personally, I see Roman Isis as a divine form of the Kemetic Aset.  But that's a personal opinion

Snakes slide on their bellies to get around and rely on their own muscles to do anything for themselves.  They're kind of vulnerable in a sense but rely on every aspect of themselves' they have to survive.  They sleuth and slide...Aset slides in the same sense because She is very cunning.  She's very blunt too but especially if you're not open to hearing what She's going to do...She'll slip and slide around you. And She relies entirely on Herself to accomplish everything.  She waits to strike and overpowers Her prey.

If you wanted to look into a central theme of Aset's personality and character, you'll see an Individual so wronged, disappointed, and/or abandoned by Others that They sought to make Themselves Their greatest Ally since all They had was Themselves.

When no one is there for you in the way you need them, you come to rely on yourself for the things you need.  Especially when you absolutely need it.

Aset's drive is very ferocious but it's a key part in all of us that probably only emerges when we absolutely need it.  Her drive is ultimately of one to survive but not just to get through...to improve so it never happens again.  Injustice to any Netjer is terrible but it would especially speak to Aset. 

Despite the reputation for enjoying the finer  things in life (and the nicer offerings), She understands what it's like to have nothing.  Aset is not without compassion.  She has nothing but compassion.  She listens to everyone's prayers and is there when you absolutely need someOne.  She doesn't want someone to experience what She did.  She wants to improve but not just for Her own sake but for the sake of others

The snake sheds its' skin to grow...Aset wants to improve.  And She created snake (s) in the heka She used to ultimately learn Ra's Ren, which, per some descriptions, would make Her the most powerful Netjer in the pantheon (per se).

But snakes are very keen on surviving and making the most of themselves and overpowering and devouring their prey...same for Aset Who may devour you in the sense that She's extremely intimate and forces you to speak for yourself and confess what you really want from others so She can give it to you. 

Some species of snakes, like the rattlesnake variety, will tend to warn you if they don't like you around.  Aset (and Serqet) will tell you when you're doing something They don't like and I've experienced Them threatening me, per se, over certain things

But speaking of Harry Potter...the basilisk was so ferocious and terrible that it petrified or scared people so badly they would "freeze" or so upon seeing it's reflection or die if they looked it in the eyes.  Aset is known to scare most people so badly many avoid Her at all costs.  I've heard (but not seen) that when Aset comes in Saq, Her gaze is very ferocious. 

They say to never look any priest directly in the eyes when they're possessed by a Netjer but I remember Rev Sedjmes commenting that you're very brave if you look the priest in the eyes when Aset is in Saq.

The basilisk had some connection with water...Aset does too in the tears She cried over losing Wesir that were thought to flood the Nile every year. 

The basilisk continued to fight and persevere even when it had been blinded and nearly killed the main character by being killed itself. 

The basilisk was supposed to "purify", on racial terms, the school of those who were not full blooded and thought to be imperfect and dirty....Aset would not agree on the racial terms but would agree on trying to purify the world of it's impurity and imperfections

In addition, Nagini was the last horcrux killed in the series because She was so enduring and ferocious. 

Aset's ability to continue on ties into kingship, the akhu, mothers, and Creation itself...

Snakes, by some cultures, are heavily associated with the endless cycle of creation (I think I'm looking at you ourobouros)

But yeah....all the connections!  I don't like Harry Potter that much but in my personal practice and understanding of Her nature and the Goddess Wadjet's...She can tie heavily into a snake form because of how protective and enduring Both are in so many ways

Always open to Aset discussion on pm and otherwise.  I apologize for going overboard

Senebty and blessing
Senebty -
Sekhep

Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Wesir her Bast

Offline Tuteniaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 09:32:17 pm »
-henu-

Thank you all for your responses, sorry it's taken me so long to respond--very busy work week.

This information really got my brain going because now I can't tell if the energies I've experienced are just some of Aset's snake energies or Wadjet as well. I have some meditating to do... Loving all the info on Aset, she is part of the reason why I'm here. <3

Senebty for now...
Tuteni
Sat Aset-Serqet 𓎬
𓎬𓆫 𓅄𓁟𓆗

Offline Tuteniaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 02:23:02 pm »
Em hotep all,

It's funny how after RPD all of my feelings that Aset and Wadjet just go together were because of my line up!
So much of my own personal feelings and opinions on Them have been confirmed in his way... It's pretty amazing to look back and see some of the journey.

Senebty for now

Jennifer
Tuteni
Sat Aset-Serqet 𓎬
𓎬𓆫 𓅄𓁟𓆗

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 06:26:20 pm »
I found in the Lexikon (LAGG, Band 1), a syncretism of Aset-Wadjet. 

I don't have any experiences with Her personally. 

TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2996
  • stats Total Posts: 288072
  • stats Total Topics: 19528
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217