Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 85
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Unique Ways to volunteer in your community  (Read 6146 times)

Offline Wenunisenu

• Shemsu
Re: Unique Ways to volunteer in your community
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2017, 01:17:59 pm »
Not really unique I think but I volunteer at a local Urban Native Youth after school program as a homework tutor and all around free pair of hands ( we're on break for the summer). I also help out at Seattles LGBT chamber of commerce (set up their annual fundraiser for undergrad scholarships, manning their Pride booth, etc). I also used to be an English convo partner for international students at Uni of Washington.
Child of Geb and Nut, Beloved of Sekhmet-Mut

Wenuni for short

Pronouns: They/them

Offline Nehwen

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 04:06:45 pm »
I don't know how unique this is. I'm in my third year of doing taxes for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Now that I live in a larger area, I can do it almost year round, instead of just January to April.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sat Wesir | Meryt Bast her Serqet-Aset

Now not only day shall be beloved, but night too shall be beautiful and blessed and all its fear pass away!. -J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline Anaputuwet

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 04:08:02 pm »
I volunteer at a cat shelter! I originally signed up because I needed 40 hours of volunteer time per academic year to keep my scholarship, but I've since exceeded that time and kept volunteering because I enjoyed it so much!!
Khonsu | Set | Shai
𓅃

Offline Rayashi

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 05:57:49 pm »
• I'm a BLS Instructor, so I teach people how to save lives in everyday scenarios!
• I'm a platelet donor, so every two weeks I sit in a chair for three hours while attached to a blood product separation machine.
• I like to clean the beach!  The ocean is not a place for trash, so I try to do my part to minimize litter.
• I also mentor a couple aspiring funeral directors.
Rayashi (Yashi) - "Ra calls me"
Sat Ra her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Meryt Heru-sa-Aset, Wepwawet-Yinepu, Nut, Sekhmet-Hethert, Sokar-Wesir, her Min

Etsy

Offline Senneferet

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 05:56:24 am »
I used to volunteer for the Cats Protection. I'd collect money dressed as a cat and bake stuff for their summer fete. I had to give it up due to ill health but my husband stepped in and set up a monthly donation in my name.

I've just signed up for the Find a Grave site, thanks for the suggestion! I live very close to a graveyard and used to work in the funeral/memorial field, so it seemed like the sensible thing to do.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3059
  • stats Total Posts: 291422
  • stats Total Topics: 19804
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 653
anything