Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 55
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Do you Gratitude?  (Read 23421 times)

Offline Maretemheqat

• Rev Shauna - Ordained Clergy
Re: Do you Gratitude?
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2016, 09:51:01 pm »
Em Hotep Everyone,

It has been a while since I last posted in this thread. I admit I have been fairly busy over the last while with a new job, expectations on entering into Graduate school, travel and other assorted adventures.

I wanted to post here to under to remind people about the process of gratitude as a learning tool. As stated near the beginning of this thread, Gratitude helps us to take account, see and appreciate the things we do have, rather than lamenting the loss of things we don't have. Gratitude can be as easy or as complex to cultivate as you wish, but its important to take a moment to pause and reflect on the things you do have as a component necessary for change.

Have you held a moment of gratitude recently? Have to taken pause to count the blessings you do have? If things are going poorly or are difficult, have you thought of something that you are thankful for in the midst of that chaos?

Try and do so now, and feel free to share those moments here.

Senebty!
~Rev. Mesetibes
Rev. Mesetibes
Sat Heqat, meryt Djehuti her Ptah her Heru-wer
Fedw Diviner
2011 Wep Ronpet Frog Princess/
W'abet Nekhen Sha'a Sha'at Imef

Offline Anippe811

• Remetj
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2016, 04:16:40 pm »
Gratitude as a learning tool.

Gratitude is what has opened this new path for me, as I was searching for ways to thank Sekhmet for helping through a very chaotic time. She has watched over my friend, and her children, through me and I felt I should express my thanks in appropriate ways- such as setting up a shrine and leaving offerings for her.

Someone gave me flowers today to say thanks for helping out, and a hand made card which one of the children had made for me at school. When I was given the flowers and card they didn't just say thanks, but the little boy said 'thank you because you love me.' Made me tear up. It was very lovely. Pure, simple gratitude for being there. (And I thanked them too, not just in the robotic automatic "thanks but there was no need", but made a point of saying that the flowers were beautiful, and that I could see that he had taken great effort to make my picture).

I shall keep thinking about and practise gratitude further over the coming days.

Offline Anippe811

• Remetj
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2016, 03:55:44 pm »
As kindness and compassion have been very important to me all my life, I have taken tome to reflect on most of the points in this thread over the last few days.

I will try to list 5 things I am grateful for to share what my reflections have highlighted for me.

1- Thank you Rev. Maret for all your pointers and guidance. And also many thanks to those Gods who have manifested themselves and shown me this new path in my life.

2- I am grateful for all the wonderful friends and family around me. I am particularly grateful that we had so much time with my aunt after she was diagnosed with cancer. (Drs gave her three months but she survived six years)

3- I am grateful for learning to appreciate past relationships and not having to fallout with people when a relationship breaks up. It is so much nicer to look back fondly on the good times and what we brought to each other, rather than stew and brood. (Which I was not adverse to, believe me! I could do anger and self pity very well)

4-I am grateful to see my little furry friend wagging her tail and doing her little happy dance every day when we wake up, or when I come back home. I only recently noticed the little heart shaped pink patch on her nose. My little care bear disguised as a jack russell lol. :)

5-I am grateful for all the signs I am given, that smiley tree trunk in my backyard, the beetle crossing the road in front of me, etc.

And just because I am feeling generous and extremely grateful today
6- I am grateful for amazon who delivered my books, so I can start studying and preparing for my beginners course.

Offline Maretemheqat

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2016, 08:50:34 pm »
Em Hotep Anippe811!

Thank you for taking the time to share these insights with us. It can be very uplifting to see where a moment of gratitude can take us, and can see how it transforms our way of thinking.

Senebty!
~Rev. Mesetibes
Rev. Mesetibes
Fedw Diviner

Offline Nehwen

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2016, 10:18:05 am »
Em hotep!

I'd started doing something like this on Facebook a long time ago, and then lapsed fairly quickly.  It's an excellent thing, though, to stop every now and again (weekly, daily, what have you) and actively consider what you're grateful for, particularly if you're not in the best place mentally.

I am thankful for:

1) Eric.  He doesn't like change in his routine all that much, and letting me and the two cats into his life and his apartment has been a huge change for all of us.  Add my (our) older cat needing surgery in June for bladder stones, and it gets a little ridiculous.  I am beyond grateful for his love and his patience, and for loving the cats as much as I do.

2) The very hard lessons learned in the last several years.  I wouldn't be who I am without the experiences of the last ten years.  I could have done without the pain, but it has helped me grow as a person.

3) The current manager of our apartment building.  My understanding is that the last several managers were rather neglectful, and a lot of things fell apart.  She's got a lot on her plate, but the building is really coming together nicely.  I'm not actually sure that she sleeps, however...

4) The Minnesota Workforce Center in Anoka County, specifically the people connected to the Office and Administrative Training program.  They are dedicated to a participant's success.  As long as you're equally dedicated, they will do everything to a) make sure you succeed, b) make sure you have the tools to get the internship you want, and c) make sure you have the tools to find a job in the field.  There is no cost for participants.

5) The friends I am slowly making here.  I only knew Eric when I moved here.  I'm getting to know his friends,  as well as people in the training program.

Senebty,
Nehwen
Sat Wesir | Meryt Bast her Serqet-Aset

Now not only day shall be beloved, but night too shall be beautiful and blessed and all its fear pass away!. -J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline divinekemetic

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2016, 12:22:34 pm »
I am grateful for my parents still letting me live in their apartment because I am mentally ill.

I am grateful to be gifted the knowledge and the "magic" my akhu left me with, even if I'm not a wiccan and follow her path. 

I am grateful to be able to do at least some things a day and not be succumed to chronic illness and be bedbound like on some days.

The most grateful I am for is, I still get normal pay from my dad (I work for his company) even if I haven't worked for a year almost because mental illness.

These things are what I'm grateful for and I am also grateful to be around such understanding Netjer, they understand if I'm unable to serve them sometimes and won't scold me for not doing worship or Senut for a day or two. Sure, I do try to do Senut or worship as often as possible but sometimes I'm not able to at all.
Self-care Heru-sa-Aset Supporter
Self-care Nebt-het Advocate
Self-care Bast Keeper
"As the Sun emerges from the Nile, Zep Tepi begins."

Offline Tabiatitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2016, 03:29:59 pm »
With today being a particularly difficult day, I wanted to post here and give myself a chance to evaluate my blessings.  I was crying in the office of an elderly woman in the financial aid department at my school today, and even though she told me she could do nothing to help my situation, I told her I thought her job must be difficult and thanked her for her time anyway.  She seemed surprised that I was thanking her through my tears, and then ushered me out of her office with very little ceremony.  I thought about this thread (which I've perused but never responded to), and I realized I almost always thank others as a reflex, or as a result of being raised to be polite.  I try to be as sincere as possible, but it's not always at the forefront of my mind, and I think I should try to be better about that.

Here are things I'm grateful for:
-The presence of my loved ones in my life: my boyfriend, grandparents, brothers, and dog are so full of love and color my life in unexpected ways, always.
-My previous healing from mental illness and the fact that I was able to cut out toxic presences and relationships because of it.
-The fact that I can attend school and live in a beautiful apartment and eat good food because of the gracious support of my family.
-The assistance of Netjer and particularly my Parents in supporting me, helping me remain organized and motivated, and showing me the beauty in every day.
-The teachers here at the university who have supported me through all my difficult times in life and school, and who continue to support me.

Thank you for the opportunity to express my gratitude here!

Senebty.
The Marvel/Miracle of My Fathers.  My nickname is Tabi.
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet and Djehuty.
Beloved of Aset-Serqet and Sobek-Ra.

Offline Maretemheqat

« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2016, 12:57:41 pm »
Em Hotep everyone! *henu*

I am glad that this forum has assisted with being able to put thoughts into words, and allow people to express their levels of gratitude at the things they have in their lives. Sometimes it just takes that one moment to pause and reflect on what we do have, which will put the things we don't have into perspective.

Senebty, and thank you all for sharing!
~Rev. Mesetibes
Rev. Mesetibes
Fedw Diviner

Offline Johnny Charlton

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2016, 06:08:05 am »
Thank you. It seems just like yesterday. I meditated upon actions of gratitude I witnessed.
#Esoteric Studies

Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 06:14:29 pm by Johnny Charlton »

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2016, 08:28:10 am »
I am grateful for a very productive Sunday! I even started (and finished!) a book in that same day. I have had trouble reading lately, so I'm terribly pleased with myself, even if it was a "short" book. ^^;
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | Tjemsy@kemet.org

Offline Ematsen

• Shemsu
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2017, 01:55:48 pm »
This is an older thread, but an important one, and I feel the best place to share how grateful I am for the amazing friends I've managed to keep in my life.

I have a small circle of friends that has stuck with me for years, and new friends who have even in the short time I've known them been a very positive and encouraging force to help me on a path to bettering myself and becoming a functioning human being. I am so, so incredibly grateful that they take time out of their own lives to spend with me. It is truly a blessing.

I am also grateful for the chance to renew myself in Zep-Tepi on this coming new year.

I'm grateful that I am here and breathing, continuing to slog through my mental health issues, and I'm grateful that my Parents are so patient, waiting for me to come back to Them.

I'm grateful for a fantastic community that is the same - wonderful people who are always with open arms full of love and kindness to their siblings in the faith. It's really a beautiful thing to see and experience. Thank you for being here, everyone. <3
Senuwiematsen - My Two, In Their Moment.

Sat Sekhmet-Mut her Set.
Meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu, Aset-Serqet, Heru-Wer, her Nut.

Offline Maretemheqat

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2017, 10:30:11 pm »
Em Hotep Ematsen,

Good to "see" you again, and I'm glad you've been able to find a moment to find gratitude for the things in your life.

I've been very, very behind in maintaining this, only because Grad School ate my brain, but I do have some very amazing things to be thankful for.

Because of my hard work, I'm being asked to teach an Intro class this year for a small group of students. I wouldn't be doing so 100% on my own per se, as my thesis advisor is going to be watching me very closely for the time being until I can get myself established. Still, I was completely filled with gratitude when he told me that he was willing to back me when I was initially offered the position.

This also means I will be very hectic again this year, but that's fine.

Senebty, and Zep Tepi. :)

~Rev. Mesetibes
Rev. Mesetibes
Fedw Diviner

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2996
  • stats Total Posts: 288072
  • stats Total Topics: 19528
  • stats Total Categories: 8