collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Ptah Stories  (Read 5948 times)

Offline Itenumuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Ptah Stories
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2017, 07:01:04 pm »
I adore Ptah. He is the unofficial household god, since both my partner and I are heavily into crafting and making things, from art to music to woodworking to leatherworking to welding to... etc etc.

I love the image of Him as the deep dark water/sky. To me, He appears as antique gold - the color of late afternoon sunlight filtering into a workshop, dust motes in the air. He is calm and patient and just, always quietly smiling. I completely understand how He acts as a reservoir of tranquility for many of you.

Thank you all for sharing these stories! They warm my heart.
Senebty, Tenu
𓇋𓏏𓈖𓏌𓏲𓂉𓏛𓄿𓏭
Child of Nebt-het & Hethert-Nut
Beloved of Ma'ahes, Serqet, & Wepwawet
𓉠𓃕𓄂𓆫𓃧

Offline Rev. Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
Re: Ptah Stories
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 07:12:01 am »
Em hotep Gezausenu *henu*

I experience Ptah through his Wife Sekhmet.  He is the steady, calming influence on Her rage.  He is the one who holds Her up and supports Her to do the necessary work that is distasteful and difficult.  He is Her foundation and refuge, the perfect husband.  In my mind I see Her leonine head resting peacefully on His shoulder with His arm wrapped around Her, blood dripping from Her claws, tears flowing down Her cheeks.  With Him, Sekhmet can be Herself in all Her violence and beauty.  He loves Her no matter what.

In my personal shrine Ptah's statue is always with Sekhmet's.  For a while I had His in a lineup with other gods, but I could feel He was unhappy unless He was right by His wife.  I know there is so much more to this wonderful Name.  It is my intent to continue to learn more about Him and deepen our relationship.

Senebty, Daryt

This is so beautiful. ;__;
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | RevTjemsy@kemet.org

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3507
  • stats Total Posts: 304435
  • stats Total Topics: 21169
  • stats Total Categories: 9