Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Your first encounters with different Netjer?  (Read 759 times)

Offline Yinepumehuti

• Shemsu
Your first encounters with different Netjer?
« on: April 23, 2020, 12:18:15 am »
Em hotep all! I was thinking today about how the different Netjeru I work with have come to me, and I was curious how they have come to y'all! What were your first experiences with the Netjeru? Did any come in pairs? Were they around significant life events?

For me, Yinepu came to me first. The first time I met Him, I was driving home from work at night and suddenly my head started spinning. I pulled over to the side of the road, pulled scrap paper out of my bag, and started writing. In 15 minutes I wrote out two poems that Yinepu gave me the words for. It was not until after the poems were finished that I could think with my own brain again. Afterwards I just knew it was Yinepu, there was no question. A month later I asked him to be my patron. A couple months after that, I joined the beginners class!

Bes and Taweret were the two that came next. I wanted to work with Netjer of the home and read about them and said "Hi I am working with you now hope that's okay" and They just stuck around and are going nowhere!

Ra was a surprise in my RPD. I was brought to Kemet by Khepera, and He stayed around a while. Then Nefertem came and Khepera left, and I spent much time growing with Him. After my RPD, I learned that the Khepera and Nefertem that I worked with were Ra and I was being stubborn in listening. He is now my mentor and teaches me new things constantly.

Sekhmet came to me first in a dream, standing in maned lioness form between me and my parents, growling at them, protecting me. She has since stuck around and is a fierce protector of me and mine. She is always around when I am with my blood relatives to shelter me from their incidental harm.

Ptah-Tatenen was an epiphany. He just clicked one day while I did some research for my garden and future farm, and I love and need his quiet calm and grounding presence.

Heru-Wer I met during one of His festivals and promised to get to know him better.

Renenutet-Aset I met in a dream, only learning later (With the help of Hemet). Aset had been around before then but when I met Renenutet everything clicked. She is quiet and powerful, a mother figure and queen.

Bast is one that I petitioned when my kitten, Eli, found me. I took him home and nursed him to health while praying to Bast for him every day. He is now healthy and I owe Bast a statue!

Set is the most recent addition to the Netjer I work with, and boy was he loud. My wedding in March was outside, and at first the weather looked perfect for it. Then about 2 weeks before, a huge rainstorm was projected. It was to last 5 days, with day 3 on my wedding day. Over the next 13 days the storm changed intensity, length, and days constantly. Every time I checked the weather app, it was different. I prayed to Set every day, asked Him to remove the storm, gave promises of offerings of tacos and cinnamon whiskey if he would just push the storm back. One of his children petitioned him on my behalf and told me one day that "it is done" and after that I knew it would all be good. Come to wedding day, the weather was perfect. Set is now in my everyday life and it is interesting to say the least!

So that is it for my spiel, I would love to hear yours! How did the Names you work with come to you first?
"Yinepu is My Family"
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet
Beloved of Ra, Bes, and Taweret
Self-Care Ra and Bes Advocate

Offline Asethepetwi

• Shemsu
Re: Your first encounters with different Netjer?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 08:46:21 am »
Em hotep Yinepumehuti!

Aset - I don't really remember how I got to know Her, but once I was in a shop, many many years ago and I saw on the back of everything Her statue. Not even the owner of th shop knew he had that statue and even he said it was meant to be mine

Nut - She came to me in the most amazing and life-changing dream. But I'd like to keep it to myself <3

Yinepu - He also came in a dream, I was in an abandoned house and then this HUGE jackal came behind me and layed on a concrete block. I said "Hi Yinepu" and left.

Bast - She was my RPD surprise, I've never had ANY contact with Her and then She appeared to me <3

Nit - I first met Nebt-het when a dog of mine died :( and She introduced Nit to me slowly untill She appeared in a dream too (in the same dream as Nut's).

Senebty,
Hepetwi <3
Asethepetwi (Aset embraces me)
Sat Aset-Serqet Meryt Nut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Bast, her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat

l Sau apprentice l
𓊨 𓃕  𓃣  𓃠  𓋋

Offline Nendjeruheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 12:19:45 pm »
em hotep!

Heru-wer: my first prominent encounter with Him was probably not my actual first encounter with Him, if that makes sense-- it was the first time i was able to recognize it as Him though. i was working at my old job, and was unfortunately not in a great mental place. i felt overwhelmed because i was being told to help train/guide new employees and i felt that i wasn't a good person to be working with them and that i would mess up somehow or that we wouldn't be able to get anything done; most of this was my anxiety freaking myself out. i felt a firm push to keep going, and i remember Him telling me that this was a good opportunity for me, and the fact that my manager (who i am close with) left me with that responsibility showed that i was trusted not only because of my ability, but my capacity for leadership.

i'm ashamed to say that night i ended up having a bit of a breakdown that was entirely a product of me working myself up; after that i was chastised a bit (though in a way that felt overall very caring) by Dad and He told me to write an apology to my manager, which i did. even if this story is a bit embarrassing, i'm happy to say that i've grown a lot in the ~2 years since then, and i feel He's helped push me to be a better person. ironically enough, before covid-19 affected my work, my current manager wants to be a trainer at my current store, and i happily accepted and i'm looking forward to working towards that position :)

Wepwawet-Yinepu: i haven't had any specific encounters with Him yet that i can identify, but it would feel wrong to Leave him out when i'm listing everyone else in my RPD. Wepwawet has been a bit elusive for me, but despite that i was drawn to Him before learning i am a beloved of Him. His association with wolves (even if those associations came from outside of Kemet) has stuck out to me a bit, if only because one of my few prominent dreams i had involving wolves/werewolves a few years back. i don't remember many of my dreams, so perhaps that makes it more noteworthy?

Djehuty: He was one of the first Netjeru i felt especially connected with and drawn to. i once put together a small box for Him, collecting things from around my household that i felt He pushed me to pick out for him including an old watch with star and moon motifs (broken, but i'd love to fix it for Him if possible), a green feather from my conure that drifted to the floor, and some moonstone with black flecks. i feel He is watching over me whenever i see ibis outside, and He's also inspired me in many of my artistic endeavors

Set: Set was bound to show up in my RPD with Heru-Wer as my Father, but beyond that i've had some contact with Him, mostly as He's one of my boyfriends two Parents. Gemahi has often pushed me to try to talk with his Parents, and almost every time i have, i only met with Set. He's a bit intimidating, and always cuts right to the chase with things i need to work on and improve, but in a way it's almost comforting. i've always appreciated people in my life who are real with me and genuinely help me improve upon places where i'm lacking (that's one of the reasons i grew so attached with Gemahi in the first place) and i know Set knows that and it's led us to, so far, have a relationship based upon that. i know lots of people "get" Him in a different way, but i've always seen him as almost quiet, with a very large presence that contrasts that, and a voice that is booming when He does choose to speak

these are just my own experiences, and it's a bit of a long read, but it's really nice to share my own experiences and see how they line up (or don't) with those of others!
"There is no limit to Heru."
Son of Heru-wer
Beloved of Wepwawet-Yinepu, Djehuty, and Set

Offline Gemahi-Itui

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 07:38:54 pm »
This is such a fun thread idea!
Ill start with just my Dads for now--

Sobek-Ra - This story is kind of silly when I think about it in retrospect. During my beginners class I slowly but surely started becoming OBSESSED with crocodiles, and on tumblr a lot of my friends posted crocodile memes. One of them was a crocodile biting onto a wrench or something like that with the caption "hes the mechanic" and instantly I 'heard' this deep rumbley laugh and "The Mechanic? I like that."
This was the first time I think I ever properly experienced 'godphone' so needless to say I was a little horrified LOL 

Set - This one is a bit hard for me to pin down. Back before I even started the beginners course I was extremely interested in Set and reading about His different interpretations and just how versatile He could be. I remember often thinking "Wow! I hope I can meet Him someday! Hes so cool!!!"
and just feeling the smug eye rolling LOL I think truthfully Hes been around for a VEEEERRY long time. I just never noticed or realized!

A lot of my early experiences with my Dads were often me thinking about how COOL I thought They were and how I wanted to meet Them and not understanding that They were present just staring at me waiting for me to get with the program LOL
Gemahi-Itui
I behold/catch sight of my two Fathers

Son of Set and Sobek-Ra.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, Heru-wer and Bast

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 05:11:24 pm »
Em hotep nefer, Mehuti and all! And thank you, Mehuti, for initiating this thread. :D

The first God I ever experienced directly was Set. I was raised around / with monotheistic traditions, but "Singular God" didn't click with me, much as I tried and inasmuch as a child may consciously try. Set first appeared to me when I was about 10 or 11 years old, in what I later came to understand as a vision. In that vision, He spoke to me and embraced me. At that age, I didn't really understand the very intense vision I experienced, and for a number of reasons went through this "edgy" atheistic phase throughout my adolescence. Then I found Norse polytheism for a short while, which didn't fit for me for a lot of reasons but was an important growth period, and for that reason I don't regret it. But, Set being . . . well, Set, He didn't let me ignore Him forever. ;) And I realized that Set had been with me through everything, and would be with me in perpetuity. I remember Hemet (AUS) telling me during my RPD that He "pretty much rushed to the front," and that Set's throws / confirmations were VERY fast. :D

Set opened the way for me to many other Gods, looooong before I got my RPD. In that sense, my First Father "came with" other Gods. For brevity, I won't get into all of those worship-relationships now. There are many and they are (to me, anyway) deep, both Kemetic and broader Ancient Near Eastern. That being said, though, Set is by far the first and foremost in all things for me. It didn't always seem that way (prior to my RPD, that is), but as I've grown and changed, it's become more and more apparent to me, and I couldn't love and adore His firstness and foremostness more. :)

Senebty!
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3311
  • stats Total Posts: 299380
  • stats Total Topics: 20542
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119