Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Keeping Plants for the Netjeru  (Read 4705 times)

Offline Shezep_shuty

Re: Keeping Plants for the Netjeru
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 06:43:53 pm »
I have a huge window in my bedroom. My two biggest plants are an orange tree dedicated to Ra, and a huge spider plant with lots of children dedicated to Heru. It's hard for me to grow anything here in the desert without using up lots of water, but indoor plants have worked pretty well. My room is full of wadj!
Kemetic Mystic
Heru-sa-Aset is my copilot.

Offline Ushedimuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 06:56:54 pm »
I've had nudges to get some succulents for a long time now, and I'm thinking about dedicating one to Wesir on His Epag day. (Perhaps it was a nudge, or perhaps it was simply just lightbulb, idk).

I've wanted plants for magical works for some time, anyways. The energy they can bring is really fantastic.
Ushedimuti | "My Mothers address me."
{ Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Mafdet, her (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|, meryt Set her Sobek!
Self-Care Sekhmet Supporter / Advocate | Self-Care Set Keeper | Fedw Diviner }
daughter-of-the-red-land.tumblr.com

Offline Yinepumehuti

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2020, 04:08:35 pm »
Bumping this because I recently have been thinking about making a shrine garden of sorts for the Netjeru I work with! I love the idea of offering living plants, they take time, love, care, and dedication to keep alive. I have been thinking of plants that would be good for the Netjer, for instance Tatenen loves ferns, every time I see one He goes crazy about it. Yinepu makes me think of jasmine plants, and Ra loves sunflowers.

Does anyone else have plants dedicated to the Netjer? With summer coming I would love to have a little place on my porch where I can bathe in the sunlight and perfume of the earth, in a space dedicated to the Netjer that I am close with.
"Yinepu is My Family"
Daughter of Yinepu-Wepwawet
Beloved of Ra, Bes, and Taweret
Self-Care Ra and Bes Advocate

Offline Gemahi-Itui

• Shemsu
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2020, 07:19:04 pm »
What a coincidence ! I actually am starting to look into different houseplants to keep for Sobek-Ra!

I've been feeling Him nudging me to add some plants to the informal shrine and etsy has a pretty wide variety of plants that ive been eyeing.

Ideally I want some heart leaf philodendrons to add to the top of His shrine so they grow their vines down over it, but I do have some other plants im interested in getting hehe.
Gemahi-Itui
I behold/catch sight of my two Fathers

Son of Set and Sobek-Ra.
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Nit-Nebthet-Seshat, Heru-wer and Bast

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2020, 09:29:58 pm »
Em hotep! *henu*

I actually keep an orchid plant that was offered to Amunet at the Midwest Opet this year. The place it takes in the house has shifted overtime, but it's definitely Amunet's plant.

Senebty
Ra'awy
(They/them)

Sa Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy Alexandros (aus), mery Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Alexandros, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner for Serqet-Aset and Nehmet-Awai

Offline Shuweri-itui

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2020, 09:10:33 am »
Em hotep, all!  *henu*

I have...40+ plants spread out over the living room, the bedroom, the study/shrine room, the kitchen and the patio.  Eight of them are bok choy plants if that makes it better >>

But I've been getting nudges to acquire more plants lately, especially plants that I can grow for a food source.  I'm not sure if those are nudges are from anyone in my lineup, but I have been thinking about plant growing as a source of devotion in a way similar to Yinepumehuti.
"My Two Fathers ascend for me"
Son of Set and Wesir
Beloved of Heru-Wer and Amun

Online Rev. Tjesi

• W'ab (priest) - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2020, 10:01:33 am »
I was asked by Nit to grow a plant with red petals. At the same time we were doing the "learn about a new Name" thing and I was given the Min to research and offer something to.

I bought two plant-lings: a prayer plant and a christmas cactus, figuring I could give one to Nit and one to Min. I also ordered some heirloom miniature romaine seeds to grow for Min. The lettuce didn't make it. I think it needed more attention or a different location than I could manage at the time. I have a bunch of the seeds left and will try again... perhaps when the porch renovation is done.

However, the two plant-lings are now plants and are doing very well. I offered the prayer plant to Nit. It has reddish/purple veins in the leaves and the underside of the leaves is reddish purple too.

The christmas cactus was offered to Min. Both live in my kitchen and are doing very well. My shrine room doesn't have enough light to keep them happy. I'm hopping after the renovation is done, I can find a good place to keep them where I can spend more time with them. I will need to do research, but I'm going to have a Ra shrine on the porch and I might buy some kind of stand to put them on out there, at least when the weather is good for them.

Tjesi
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert (Ibi)

Offline Rev. Ma'atnofret

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2020, 10:11:19 am »
I am trying to grow cornflower plants for Sobek-Ra atm. I also planting poppy seeds for Wenut. I am excited to see if they will flower.
A'Aqytsekhmet "Sekhmet's Servant"
Sat Sekhmet meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir, Heru-wer
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
 Patreon

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3311
  • stats Total Posts: 299381
  • stats Total Topics: 20542
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955