collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 51
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Devotional Activities Discussion :)  (Read 4690 times)

Offline Darytessekhmet

• W'ab (priest) - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
Re: Devotional Activities Discussion :)
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 07:55:11 pm »
Em hotep *henu*

I devote my bengal breeding to Bast.  I often ask for Her help with my kitties, and thank Her profusely for every healthy mama and baby.

My work is a devotion to Sekhmet and the childbirth deities.  Heket is often close to me as I work.  There is a frog statue outside the back entrance of the hospital.  I stop and talk to Her and leave small offerings.

My home gardening is dedicated to Geb and Ra.  I often feel Shu as I work out under the sun.

Senebty, Daryt
Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

Offline Shariwepwawet

• Shemsu
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 08:41:08 pm »
I've started to take up dancing for my Dad and Set gets to listen to me singing as I'm going down the highway. Ra gets some quiet contemplation and coffee in the mornings and a wave hello when I'm driving to work at 6 AM. I'll also usually invite them to share in my meals or other special treats. For Wep Ronpet I started a Kemetic journal to document quotes, dreams, heka, etc. And I have e-shrines for Wepwawet and Set on Tumblr.
Shari
Child of Wepwawet. Beloved of Set and Ra.

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 09:58:06 pm »
Thank you Daryt and Shari, I appreciate you're trying to keep this thread going.  Also, Shari, I'd never thought of dancing being a thing Wepwawet likes, but I can see it.  Of course, as I'm told, it's always about the intent behind the activity that counts rather than the actual activity.  Although, I do notice that they appreciate activities specific to them equally as much. 
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline Meresinepu

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 02:19:36 am »
Em hotep all,

Great thread :)

I have 4 beloveds currently so I try to offer my services when I can as a devotional offering.  For one of the beloveds Bast, I too work with strays and shelters when I can. I've personally rescued 10 cats since I moved from AK to AZ (and everywhere in between).  For Yinepu I do the dead work.  I visit cemetaries and offer cool water and clean off headstones/markers when I'm out on the weekends.   I will also be getting my death midwifery/funeral service started up this year and all of that work will be offered to my Father Yinepu for my service.

I plan on offering this to the members here in the House of Netjer as part of that service in the near future.   For public volunteer events I do that for Amun as he seems to like work done for the public, in the public.  For Hethert, its about the love and spreading that love and caring to others both in the House and out of the House.

Thanks everyone else for posting your thoughts here ...it's refreshing to see what others are doing out there in the name of Netjer.

Senebty!

Meres
Rev. Meresinepu [She loves Yinepu] Weptesmerutef {Her Mission is his Love}
Sat Yinepu/Wepwawet, meryt Amun her Bast her Aset her HetHert

"Gone am I, caught by the Underworld, yet cleansed and alive in the beyond." (from an Old Kingdom funerary text)

Offline Iwaat

• Shemsu
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 04:37:39 am »
Em hotep!
Really enjoying seeing what everyone else does. :) I love threads like these.

When I was living in Baltimore, volunteering my time at the MDSPCA was part of my devotional practices for Bast. Though right now self care, and working on creative projects seems to be a big thing with her.

For Nebthet and the Akhu, I try to go out to a local cemetery and pick up around it,give offerings and talk to the ancestors at least once a month.

For Sekhmet, I donate blood as often as I'm able to.
~Iwa'at Bast-Mut~
Bast-Mut's Heritage
Sat Bast-mut
Meryt Nebthet-Nit-Seshat her Hethert-Sekhmet
*Sau apprentice*

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 04:46:46 pm »
Em Hotep Iwaat.  I never even thought of donating blood in honor of Sekhmet.  Wish I could do that, but can't because of specific conditions I have unfortunately.  But that's great that you do that.  It seems a general consensus is that the Netjer very much enjoy works of volunteering in Their honor.  :)
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2017, 12:26:38 am »
Lately I like to do tarot readings in offer to Yinepu for others! A lot of times tarot is considered the poor man's therapist, and a reading can really help put someone's mind at ease and help people feel like they're being heard!

I also have a lot of unusual pets and I consider my care for them also an act of service as well. :)

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3260
  • stats Total Posts: 298666
  • stats Total Topics: 20479
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 117
  • stats Most Online: 955