Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 46
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Gambling  (Read 2157 times)

Gambling
« on: August 15, 2017, 10:59:42 pm »
I would think Khonsu and Djehuty would be good advocates for those who like to dabble in betting and games of chance.

Who do you think would be good for those needing assistance with gambling addiction?
"Give sorrow a Sailor smile."
~ "Makenai" by Hanazawa Kae; Sailor Moon Stars, Season 5, episode 200

"Beyond this road, running on far and long, must surely be something we can believe in."
~ "Pure Heart" by Rikki; Final Fantasy VII, "Aerith's Theme"

Offline Teritui

• Shemsu
Re: Gambling
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 11:25:26 pm »
I would think Khonsu and Djehuty would be good advocates for those who like to dabble in betting and games of chance.

Who do you think would be good for those needing assistance with gambling addiction?

My first guess would be Anyone who is associated with healing. Heru-wer and Sekhmet come to mind.

Set also seems like a good Name for dealing with addiction. He might take a more tough love approach, but sometimes it's needed.
Teritui: I respect my Two Fathers
Daughter of: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir and Heru-wer
Beloved of: Sekhmet-Hethert, Set and Taweret
Sau apprentice

Offline Ankhetbast

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 11:48:14 pm »
Serqet is great for poisons, toxins, and addictions.

sat Bast her Hekatawy-Alexandros, meryt Serqet-Aset, Yinepu-Wepwawet, her HetHert-Sekhmet.
~~~~Ankhetbast~~~~

Sat Bast her Hekatawy I (AUS), Meryt Serqet, Yinepu her HetHert

"Be excellent to each other." ~Bill and Ted

Offline Senuwierneheh

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 11:56:41 pm »
I would also recommend Ptah.  As Lord of Ma'at, he can give clarity and wisdom.

Prayers for you in your struggles, Seta!

Senebty,
Neheh...
Senuwierneheh (My Two, forever)
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet her Set, meryt Ptah-Sokar-Wesir, Djehuty, her Heru-Wer
Self-care Hethert, Set and Ptah Advocate
𓁥 𓁣 𓁰

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 02:09:51 am »
Em hotep nefer, Seta!

Khonsu was renown in Pharaonic times for His exorcistic and healing proficiencies. In the Bentresh Stela, a sacred image of Khonsu is brought to a Princess suffering from demonic possession. Khonsu is the perfect Netjer to call upon to relieve any illness, mental or physical or both.

I personally wouldn't take that incident about Djehuty gaining "New Moon Time" by winning a game of dice against Khonsu as any indication that either is some "Patron of Gambling." ;)

Many, many Netjeru deal with illness, whether of the "demonic" variety or the purely physical variety. (Heru-)Sepa, Aset, various Hathor-Goddesses, Bawy/Harwyfy/Set-Heru, (Heru-)Shed, Sobek (esp. Sobek-Re of Sumenu), Amun-Re . . . you name it!

All this said, the Netjer(et) of your closest / best understanding is never "wrong" to go to for comfort and aid. If Set is the Netjer you're closest to, there's nothing wrong whatsoever with going to Set. Set will help you as much and as effectively as Khonsu will. Indeed, it does help to have a pre-established worship-relationship. It doesn't always have to be that way -- we have to introduce ourselves to [Netjer] at some point, after all. Nobody comes out of the womb with a storied history with / closeness to this-or-that Netjer(et). But having such a relationship can make it easier for you to go to that Netjer(et) and admit to Them you need Their help in the first place. :)

Once again, many sincere prayers for your recovery and future sobriety. You can and will do this. You can and will be successful. All of us here believe in you. <3

Senebty,
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Typhonian

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 10:19:08 pm »
I would call upon Isis if not Seth, she is quite the healer.

Offline Bastmuttepta

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 10:38:16 pm »
Sekhmet and Serqet would both be able to help here, Serqet more so for the reasons Ankhet mentioned.
Bastmuttepta - "Bast-Mut since the beginning; Bast-Mut survives; Bast-Mut perpetuates" | Sat Bast-Mut her Nisut (AUS) Meryt Sekhmet-Hethert, Serqet-Aset, Mafdet, Sobek, her Ptah-Sokar-Wesir | Fedw Diviner for Bast-Mut

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3306
  • stats Total Posts: 299271
  • stats Total Topics: 20533
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 119
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything