Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 26
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Trying to figure out which Netjer..  (Read 3298 times)

Offline CourtneyNM

Trying to figure out which Netjer..
« on: August 16, 2017, 10:06:19 am »
I'm new to the entire KO and 'speaking with the Netjer, but after reading a few articles I decided to just give it a try. Also i know we're not supposed to really talk about dreams but this just give a little background information to my question. If not appropriate please let me know and I'll delete.

I found a silent place, burned some incense, laid out a small food offering, closed my eyes and spoke aloud to Ma'at, I felt I may have had a easier connection to a female netjer. Afterwords nothing i feel really happened. Later that night I went to sleep.. but RIGHT before i woke up the next morning (and i still cant tell if this was when i was asleep or the moment i woke) there was a figure that flashed in my mind. It was like the bust of a person, but the face and most of the body was in the shadows, but there was a spotlight on a gold and red stripped crook.

The first words that I believe came out of my mouth when i awoke was "Osiris".It was honestly a bit shocking. Weather that was him making himself known to me I'm not 100%. Part of me wonders if I just could have been reading too much in one evening into the topic of KO and Netjer.. or if it was a 'sign'. Or if it was Osiris at all..

Pretty much what I'm wondering is, are there any other netjer that were symbolized with a crook in hand?

Since this occurrence I have switched my focus to try and speak to Osiris, with no reply yet.

Offline BluePiaski

• Remetj
Re: Trying to figure out which Netjer..
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 10:10:53 am »
Khonsu, child god of the moon, sometimes holds the crook among other things.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 10:14:23 am »
Hi there:
Crook in the hand is usually Wesir (Osiris), there may be some others, He is one of my Beloveds and love to share what I know about Him.
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Fedw diviner

Offline Khenneferitw

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 10:18:09 am »
The crook can be associated with all kinds of Kingly gods, regardless of their gender!

Mut is one example of a goddess of Kingship; Sekhmet-Mut actually came to mind when you mentioned red and gold, hence me bringing Her up.

My Father Ptah also sometimes comes with crook in hand.
Khenne | they/them
Child of Ptah-Sokar, Wepwawet, & (Hekatawy-Alexandros)|
Beloved of Bast, Sekhmet, & Set
Fedw diviner | Sau apprentice | Boston Fellowship Coordinator

Offline Teritui

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 11:26:30 am »
The crook (and flail) is associated with many of the Netjeru, Osiris/Wesir being just one. But your dream experience sounds similar to some of mine, and one of my Fathers is (Ptah-Sokar)-Wesir, so I have some experience with a form of Wesir.

If you post this in the "Hekatawy, Dream Interpreter" thread (I'm unsure if you have access to it yet), Hemet (AUS) will sometimes do divination to determine if it was a sign or brain gunk. If you don't have access to that part of the forum, a tarot reading or other divination might also be helpful.
Teritui: I respect my Two Fathers
Daughter of: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir and Heru-wer
Beloved of: Sekhmet-Hethert, Set and Taweret
Sau apprentice

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 11:30:41 am »
Cinder, that's a great idea!!!
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Fedw diviner

Offline CourtneyNM

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 11:35:03 am »
Cinder I don't believe I have access to that said thread. Who should I maybe speak to about a tarot or other divination? Do I need to be a Remetj to get these readings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hethert_Gerut

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 11:38:58 am »
Hmmm... I am no dream interpreter, but if "Osir" is the name you woke up to saying, then I would say that is the name the Netjer in question wanted in your mouth. Perhaps deep down you already know the answer in your heart, but naturally want clarification :-)

The first Netjer I dreamed of was Hethert. She appeared to me as a GIANT golden statue. In the dream I had died and my spirit woke up to her impressive visage in what I assume was her temple. The Netjer are subtle... and other times, not so much.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:13:38 pm by Hethert_Gerut »

Offline CourtneyNM

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 11:40:25 am »
Hmmm... I am no dream interpreter, but if "Osir is the name you woke up to saying", then I would say that is the name the Netjer in question wanted in your mouth. Perhaps deep down you already know the answer in your heart, but naturally want clarification :-)

The first Netjer I dreamed of was Hethert. She appeared to me as a GIANT golden statue. In the dream I had died and my spirit woke up to her impressive visage in what I assume was her temple. The Netjer are subtle... and other times, not so much.
Yeah I think it just need some clarification: and since the face was in shadows I was wondering if it was him or another Netjer.

Offline Teritui

• Shemsu
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 11:52:25 am »
Cinder I don't believe I have access to that said thread. Who should I maybe speak to about a tarot or other divination? Do I need to be a Remetj to get these readings?

Hmm, then I think you get access to that part of the forum upon signing up for the beginner's class (if that's something you're interested in).

You don't necessarily have to be a Remetj for divination purposes. I'd be quite willing to do a tarot reading for you, though I'm not necessarily the greatest diviner ever  ;) I know there are people who do Fedw, though I couldnt name them off the top of my head, perhaps someone else might know more about that?

And in regards to the Netjeru's face being in shadow, Osiris has several epithets relating to shadows/ being veiled/ being "hidden". I dreamt of His statues several times, and more often than not they were half-lit, with parts being shadowed (though of course everyone has different experiences, I'm just finding similarities).
Teritui: I respect my Two Fathers
Daughter of: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir and Heru-wer
Beloved of: Sekhmet-Hethert, Set and Taweret
Sau apprentice

Offline Ankhetbast

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 12:00:17 pm »
There's also Amun and Amunet, who are "hidden", and related to kingship. 

sat Bast her Hekatawy-Alexandros, meryt Serqet-Aset, Yinepu-Wepwawet, her HetHert-Sekhmet.
~~~~Ankhetbast~~~~

Sat Bast her Hekatawy I (AUS), Meryt Serqet, Yinepu her HetHert

"Be excellent to each other." ~Bill and Ted

Offline CourtneyNM

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 12:29:07 pm »

Hmm, then I think you get access to that part of the forum upon signing up for the beginner's class (if that's something you're interested in).

You don't necessarily have to be a Remetj for divination purposes. I'd be quite willing to do a tarot reading for you, though I'm not necessarily the greatest diviner ever  ;) I know there are people who do Fedw, though I couldnt name them off the top of my head, perhaps someone else might know more about that?

And in regards to the Netjeru's face being in shadow, Osiris has several epithets relating to shadows/ being veiled/ being "hidden". I dreamt of His statues several times, and more often than not they were half-lit, with parts being shadowed (though of course everyone has different experiences, I'm just finding similarities).
I'd love a tarot reading from you! I'm not sure what Fedw is. Thank you for sharing your similarities with me! I appreciate hearing about others outlook/similarities/interpretation!

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 06:01:56 am »

Correct. The thread is in Ask the Nisut which is in the members only section. Courtney, continue to watch your dreams and see what happens.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Tamiwi

• Rev Danielle, Ordained Priest
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 11:57:21 am »
Courtney,

Em Hotep! I think both you and many of the others here are right in saying it could be any Netjer associated with Kingship, or it could be Wesir as well extending a message. Since most crooks are blue and gold, red could be an important color here as well. It could also be metaphorical, as the crook itself stood for Kingship (as either gender, I do agree)

I would watch for further signs today and keep an eye on your dreams. You never know, it could even mean you should also get to know the House and Hemet, our own King (AUS) better! :)
W'abet Nekhen Miu Wer
Sat Bast her Ra her Hekatawy I (AUS)
*Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Heru-Sa-Aset*
Fedw Diviner | Heri-sesheta Bast

Offline CourtneyNM

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 01:08:14 pm »
Courtney,

Em Hotep! I think both you and many of the others here are right in saying it could be any Netjer associated with Kingship, or it could be Wesir as well extending a message. Since most crooks are blue and gold, red could be an important color here as well. It could also be metaphorical, as the crook itself stood for Kingship (as either gender, I do agree)

I would watch for further signs today and keep an eye on your dreams. You never know, it could even mean you should also get to know the House and Hemet, our own King (AUS) better! :)

So far since that night there have been no signs in dreams or in waking life. :( Honestly.. I'm a little sad there has not been any other signs.

Questions what does it mean when you put (AUS)? Also I tried looking on kemet.org and couldnt find any info on Hemet as a Netjer.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3166
  • stats Total Posts: 295231
  • stats Total Topics: 20165
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 122
  • stats Most Online: 955