collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 61
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Beginners Class Application Question  (Read 718 times)

Offline Temimensenu

• Shemsu
Beginners Class Application Question
« on: August 20, 2017, 12:15:52 pm »
You've probably seen tens of hundreds of these threads, so I'll keep this one short.

Weeks ago I applied to start the October Beginners Class, and even though at one question confused me, I filled it out as best I could.

However, looking back and going way back through the related forum questions, it seems like that one question comes up numerous times in a 'what does it mean?' way. And from that I realised I'd misinterpreted it - I'd answered it in the way of what I could bring in myself, not what qualities I had. I could have done so much more...

Although I know this'll probably get some strange looks, would the way it had been answered affect if I got accepted into the next class or not?

With that...

What would need to be put down in order to not be accepted? Demeaning, trolling behaviour for example.
Temi

Son of Bast and Sobek

Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun, and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline KhaiPtah

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Beginners Class Application Question
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 12:42:56 pm »
Hotep Mirath.

Yes that is a good start.  The golden rule is pretty much your answer.

I am sure the Bak Wab or Imakhu would have a more concise answer

Senebty

Khai

Senebty
The Shadows of apathetic silence dim the Light of righteous anger Ptah - 8/21/05

Fundraising Liaison
Sa her Shemsu-Ankh Ptah
Mery Sekhmet-HetHert Mery Bast

Online Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
Re: Beginners Class Application Question
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 01:10:04 pm »
A lot of people seem to approach the Beginners Class expecting a sort of Hogwarts Acceptance Letter, but it doesn't quite work like that. Because we have members from around the world and all walks of life, everyone's answers are different. This is understood and expected, and as such, there are no "right" or "wrong" ways to answer the questions. As far as I know, the only reason you would be denied would be if you clearly demonstrated malicious intent toward the Religion or its members, if you have ever been convicted of a violent crime, and/or if you are a minor applying without the consent of a parent or guardian. Once you have sent your application, you should receive an automatic "your message has been received" e-mail. If you did not get this, I would resend it, just to be safe. After this has been done, it is normal to hear nothing back until the class is about to start, and even then it is not in the form of acceptance or denial.

As such, I'm sure that whatever you wrote, whether or not it answered the question as it was intended, is acceptable. If you're really concerned about it, I suppose you could resend the e-mail with a note explaining the situation. But I do think it's like to be fine even if you don't. ^^;
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 2937
  • stats Total Posts: 286225
  • stats Total Topics: 19409
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217