collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 59
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: RPD time limit?  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Temimensenu

• Shemsu
RPD time limit?
« on: August 20, 2017, 12:20:00 pm »
So, I'm a long long way off this, I know. Still curious.

To my knowledge, as you are made a Remetj after the Beinngers Class if you so choose, you are then (after a period of time) sent paperwork for the RPD.

My question is, after you become a Remetj and are sent the paperwork for RPD, is there a time limit as to when you can apply for your RPD? Say you thought about picking it up after "anything else" for a year or two, would it still be there in so-called availability?
Temi

Son of Bast and Sobek

Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Amun, and Yinepu-Wepwawet

Offline Sedjnisenu

• Shemsu
Re: RPD time limit?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 12:39:16 pm »
Em hotep! ^^

No, as far as I am aware there is no time limit; in fact it's strongly encouraged for one to take as much time as they need before deciding upon whether they wish to undergo the RPD or not, and subsequently, whether to become Shemsu. It's most certainly not a decision to be rushed after all.

As long as one is in good standing, has taken the Beginner's Class and is a Remetj then I believe it can be taken at any time, be it months or several years since completing the Beginner's Class.
Sedjnisenu (Sedjni) - "Two carry me"
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert & Wepwawet-Yinepu
Mery Bast, Khnum & Heruakhety

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 12:53:00 pm »
Em hotep, Mirath

When you become a Remetj, you will be given access to the RPD questionnaire, which you can complete at your leisure. It isn't "sent" to you, per se, but you are given instructions as to where you can find it and how to complete it.

There is no "time limit" in which this must be done, because the decision to undergo the RPD is so intensely personal. We have members who took their RPD as soon as they were able, and members who waited a couple of years, and members who are interested, but waiting still. ^^;

After you send your questionnaire in, you will get an automatic "this message has been received" e-mail. If this does not happen, I'd resend it; it might not have gone through. After this, it can take weeks, or even months to get a response, depending on Hemet's availability. And when you do get a reply, it will not be about whether or not you have been "accepted" for RPD; barring extenuating circumstances, everyone is kind of automatically accepted, just like with the Beginners Class. Typically, your reply will come when Hemet is ready to schedule, and she will give you a set of dates and times to choose from.

When I did my RPD, I was lucky to have jumped in during a time period where a lot of RPDs were already being done. I only waited a few days before I got a reply, but this seems to be an uncommon experience.

And after you have your RPD, you can choose to become a Shemsu right then, or you can wait until you're ready. Again, when you're ready is entirely up to you. Some people wait months or years before making this decision. Shemsu naming usually happens in the last week of the month, so the waiting period for this may be significantly shorter than that of the RPD. The only rule for your naming is that Hemet needs 24 hours notice before the day you intend to be named, so when you go for your naming, she is ready for you. And, of course, Shemsuhood is an option and not a requirement; you can always choose to stay as a Remetj or Divined Remetj.
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | Tjemsy@kemet.org

Offline Awibemhethert

• Rev Ellen, Ordained Priest - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 01:42:53 pm »
Yes... the RPD Questionnaire used to be sent out on a regular basis. It no longer is. Once one is a Remetj, one has access to it. And, yes, Hemet wants at least 6 consecutive months of Senut practice before applying. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rev Awibemhethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3007
  • stats Total Posts: 288175
  • stats Total Topics: 19541
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217