collapse collapse

* Donation Status

74%
Current donation status as of December 21, 2021 = $1,851.48 of $2,500 or 74%
Donate!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 25
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Progress  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
Progress
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:38:39 am »
Em Hotep everyone! ^_^

So I had this question for a while now. How did Kemetism change you? That is, when you look at yourself before you became Kemetic (I'm saying Kemetic because some of us are Remetj and some are Shemsu and priests, some are beginners even) and compare yourself to after becoming Kemetic - what has changed? In what way?

What has Kemetism done for me? It gave me a feeling of belonging. For example when you measure a T-shirt or a pair of pants and it fits harmoniously, it's pretty much similar. What happened later was that it allowed me to develop my talents. In a much better way than any other faith. Of course, it includes some non Kemetic reading that contributed to my spirituality, but it feels right.

Also, how did the particular Neteru that you worship (could be divine parents, beloveds) evolve you in your path as a Kemetic?

Djehuty helped me develop my teaching and communication skills, my abilities to learn and understand things. He challenged me but also helped me to believe in myself. Bast helped me to take care of myself,  have the balance between work and rest (because I have an unhealthy habit of working until I'm totally exhausted). Of course together they helped me to cope with my anxiety and help others.

I'll be glad to hear from all of you. :)
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Teritui

• Shemsu
Re: Progress
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 10:51:22 am »
Em hotep, Gleb! What a great question :D

Well, when I look at it there's at least one very obvious change. Before I became Kemetic, I had an eating disorder. I believe the gods put in a lot of work to pull me out of the worst of it.

It also gave me a clearer sense of morality, plus it gives me a sense of belonging and a sense that there's a greater cause in my life than what I thought before I became Kemetic.

Heru-wer has thus far been a huge advocate in me believing in myself. He wants me to be bolder, to do what I feel is right, and he encourages me to do better.

Wesir has always been the one to bring me back to the gods when I have fallen into a fallow time. He has also urged me to form better connections with my family and to ask them for help when I need it. He also has tried to guide me to a healthier lifestyle.

Of course, They've done more than that- that's just off the top of my head.
Teritui: I respect my Two Fathers
Daughter of: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir and Heru-wer
Beloved of: Sekhmet-Hethert, Set and Taweret
Sau apprentice

Offline Bawysudjawi

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 11:48:52 am »
[redacted]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:36:48 pm by Bawysudjawi »
Son of Set & Heru-wer
Beloved of Ptah & Wepwawet

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:20:14 pm »
That's great, Cindre. :)

Jack, you don't have to be a Remetj or Shemsu to answer the questions. They're not levels. Try bonding a bit with the Neteru that you feel connected to.
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Rev. Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 07:21:40 pm »
I'm so happy now. I adore my gods. I didn't think I could possibly love them any more, and yet, here we are. Their faith in me gives me faith in me. Also, have I mentioned I love them? Seriously. I don't know what to do with myself. <3

I can see my gods in myself, and some aspects of me are more amplified now than they've ever been. I'm very, very introspective, so I like watching myself shift like this. And I like tracking their influence in my life. I like patterns and symbolism and making connections.

And they make me better. At everything. Lately, I have noticed that I am...pursuing a bunch of hobbies, I guess? There are many times where I have been like, "Hey, I used to like (x)," or "I feel like I was really good at (y). Maybe I should do that some time." And now, I am finding myself doing these things, and I am happy. Tarot, for one. I felt like I used to be pretty good at that, way back a hundred million years ago, but I never ended up with a deck of my own. Nothing ever really jumped out at me. That has blown up recently, and I feel like I'm learning a lot, and helping people, and that makes me very happy. Tarot is also a good way to connect with (some of) my gods. I used to be into crystals/gemstones and symbolism and such in that way, and now I'm trying to learn beading, so I can put that to use. Maybe make some stuff for people. And all of my gods want me to sing. This is not so much about learning technique, but singing is heka, and heka is power. With that, I can transform myself, and my life.

I'm like super religious. My gods are a part of everything I do. Everything. So having this community does so much for me. I love that I have people to talk to about this stuff, because Pagans/Kemetics can be hard to find, and hard to connect to even then, because we're all so different. I find that I have a lot in common with a lot of people here, and I like a lot of people here as people, as well as fellow members of the faith. I find our people to be very supportive of one another. I like that, and I like to help, so I do. And that helps me, too. Helping other people is important to me. Helping my gods is important to me. Happy to help, always, really.

I love that we have rituals and IRC and such, because I'm not learned in this way. So ya'll help me be more effective in my practice. Which helps me connect better with my gods. Which makes me a happy Tjemsy. ^^;

Interacting with the WhatsApp people in any way automatically calms me some and boosts my mood. Going to in-person events feeds my need for social interaction, while ensuring that said interaction is Totally Awesome and not based around easily-accessible people who are not good to me.

<3? <3.
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | RevTjemsy@kemet.org

Offline FORMER MEMBER

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 07:43:11 pm »
I'm so happy for your happiness, twin. <3
Removed at request of former member.

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 12:42:47 pm »
I'm so happy now. I adore my gods. I didn't think I could possibly love them any more, and yet, here we are. Their faith in me gives me faith in me. Also, have I mentioned I love them? Seriously. I don't know what to do with myself. <3

I can see my gods in myself, and some aspects of me are more amplified now than they've ever been. I'm very, very introspective, so I like watching myself shift like this. And I like tracking their influence in my life. I like patterns and symbolism and making connections.

And they make me better. At everything. Lately, I have noticed that I am...pursuing a bunch of hobbies, I guess? There are many times where I have been like, "Hey, I used to like (x)," or "I feel like I was really good at (y). Maybe I should do that some time." And now, I am finding myself doing these things, and I am happy. Tarot, for one. I felt like I used to be pretty good at that, way back a hundred million years ago, but I never ended up with a deck of my own. Nothing ever really jumped out at me. That has blown up recently, and I feel like I'm learning a lot, and helping people, and that makes me very happy. Tarot is also a good way to connect with (some of) my gods. I used to be into crystals/gemstones and symbolism and such in that way, and now I'm trying to learn beading, so I can put that to use. Maybe make some stuff for people. And all of my gods want me to sing. This is not so much about learning technique, but singing is heka, and heka is power. With that, I can transform myself, and my life.

I'm like super religious. My gods are a part of everything I do. Everything. So having this community does so much for me. I love that I have people to talk to about this stuff, because Pagans/Kemetics can be hard to find, and hard to connect to even then, because we're all so different. I find that I have a lot in common with a lot of people here, and I like a lot of people here as people, as well as fellow members of the faith. I find our people to be very supportive of one another. I like that, and I like to help, so I do. And that helps me, too. Helping other people is important to me. Helping my gods is important to me. Happy to help, always, really.

I love that we have rituals and IRC and such, because I'm not learned in this way. So ya'll help me be more effective in my practice. Which helps me connect better with my gods. Which makes me a happy Tjemsy. ^^;

Interacting with the WhatsApp people in any way automatically calms me some and boosts my mood. Going to in-person events feeds my need for social interaction, while ensuring that said interaction is Totally Awesome and not based around easily-accessible people who are not good to me.

<3? <3.

Great to hear this. :) I can relate to doing things that are related to the Neteru. My current job and next both have Djehuty and Bast with them. Though in different proportions maybe.
Also I think it's very important to love your religion and feel loved by it. Otherwise what is the point?
Continue in everything you do. ;)
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Itenumuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 07:11:34 pm »
I love these stories. :3

How did Kemetism change you? That is, when you look at yourself before you became Kemetic and compare yourself to after becoming Kemetic - what has changed? In what way?

Before I was Kemetic, I didn't grok the concept of service (to a community, to a deity, to a cause). Before I was Kemetic, I didn't have any one community - just a smattering of people here and there whose social circles occasionally overlapped. Before I was Kemetic, I was areligious, although still pagan-flavored spiritual.

Now? Yeah, I understand and value service. I have a community that I adore (even when I go silent for long periods of time - sorry, folks). I consider myself very religious, considering and/or interacting with my gods in most, if not all, areas of my life.

Also, how did the particular Neteru that you worship (could be divine parents, beloveds) evolve you in your path as a Kemetic?

That's a LONG story, but I'll try to sum up. I duct-taped myself to Sekhmet's ankles in 2005 and was a one-god pagan until 2011, when She dragged me to the House and plunked me down on the doorstep. I went through the beginner course, then the RPD (where Sekhmet was completely absent), and suddenly had deities other than Sekhmet receiving my adoration and love.

It wasn't until last year that a divination from Hemet (AUS) revealed that She Whom I called Sekhmet has been, for the most part, Hethert-Nut in Her name of Menhyt, starry lioness goddess. I am still reeling from that reveal and still processing it and what it means for my spiritual history and my gods as They are now.

There have been other ways my relationships with and understandings of my gods have evolved, but I think Sekhmet-into-Menhyt-into-Hethert-Nut is probably the biggest and most dramatic changes to date.
Senebty, Tenu
𓇋𓏏𓈖𓏌𓏲𓂉𓏛𓄿𓏭
Child of Nebt-het & Hethert-Nut
Beloved of Ma'ahes, Serqet, & Wepwawet
𓉠𓃕𓄂𓆫𓃧

Offline Paserutaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 11:46:00 pm »
Em Hotep!

I have been a Kemetic for 10 years, I practiced for a long time alone, I had contact with some people from HON as well as from other segments with a kemética basis, I thought about entering the Kemética Orthodoxy several times, but I had a relationship with Aset during that time. time, and the fear of something new prevented me.
I went through a period of religious intolerance in my family, and I had my religious practices violently removed from my life, I spent about 3 years without any kind of relationship with the Gods.
One fine day I looked at my statue of Aset and decided to face intolerance and prejudice, I started the practice again, before long I was in the beginners course.
During this time as a beginner, Remetj and Shemsu, I felt Netjer and his Names very present in my life, as well as Ma'at which is the cornerstone of our faith, which motivates me to be a Shemsu is a better human being every day . It is incredible how Aset's presence in my life transforms everything, I can say that I was born again when I became Kemptic Orthodox, to be part of that faith and that community is the pillar that sustains my life.

Senebty!
Paserutaset "The prophecies of Aset"
Paserut
Sa Aset-Serqet
Mery Heru-Wer, Wesir and Bast

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 01:18:18 pm »
Great stories everyone, thanks for sharing. ^_^
Senebty,
Gleb

Offline Senui-Iry-I

• Shemsu
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 01:24:41 am »
Oh man kemeticism changed EVERYTHING for me.
When I first came to it, I was honestly looking for some reason to keep on trying in life and kemeticism was it. To this day when I feel like giving up I think of my deities and power through. Yinepu in particular has done the most for me. He helped me get back on my feet after one of the worst depressive episodes I've ever experienced. He helped me get back to school and helped guide me toward a better career path which will lead me to a better life. I have OCD that used to really hold me back but Yinepu helped guide me to take back control. Hethert helped me learn to love myself and not be afraid to show my love to others like my fiance and family. She helped me learn to enjoy the little moments that happen day to day and improved my quality of life. Sobek-Ra has helped me get in great shape and has helped me manage money sooo much better than I used to. I don't make much working part time, but he helped me learn to stretch my dollar and he helped me develop a fanastic work ethic. Nit has recently helped me learn better time management and how to get everything done that needs to be done.
And of course I can't forget Set. I firmly believe Set paved the way for me to come to kemeticism by making my life fall apart so that I could rebuild it in a much better way.

Kemeticism has made me feel lighter, more free and for the first time I feel in control of my life. I have self discipline, goals that I'm working towards and overall I just feel like I'm a better, kinder person than I used to be.
I owe my gods my life and I try to live it in a way that makes them proud.
Senui-iryi  (Iryi)
Sat Sobek-Ra her Hethert-Sekhmet,
Meryt Set her Yinepu-Wepwawet her Nit-Nebthet-Seshat
𓆋 𓁥  𓁣 𓁢 𓋔
Sau apprentice

Offline Rev. Tjemsy

• W'ab (priest)
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 09:25:53 am »
Oh man kemeticism changed EVERYTHING for me.
When I first came to it, I was honestly looking for some reason to keep on trying in life and kemeticism was it. To this day when I feel like giving up I think of my deities and power through. Yinepu in particular has done the most for me. He helped me get back on my feet after one of the worst depressive episodes I've ever experienced. He helped me get back to school and helped guide me toward a better career path which will lead me to a better life. I have OCD that used to really hold me back but Yinepu helped guide me to take back control. Hethert helped me learn to love myself and not be afraid to show my love to others like my fiance and family. She helped me learn to enjoy the little moments that happen day to day and improved my quality of life. Sobek-Ra has helped me get in great shape and has helped me manage money sooo much better than I used to. I don't make much working part time, but he helped me learn to stretch my dollar and he helped me develop a fanastic work ethic. Nit has recently helped me learn better time management and how to get everything done that needs to be done.
And of course I can't forget Set. I firmly believe Set paved the way for me to come to kemeticism by making my life fall apart so that I could rebuild it in a much better way.

Kemeticism has made me feel lighter, more free and for the first time I feel in control of my life. I have self discipline, goals that I'm working towards and overall I just feel like I'm a better, kinder person than I used to be.
I owe my gods my life and I try to live it in a way that makes them proud.

I love this, and am so happy for you. Dua Netjer! <3
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | RevTjemsy@kemet.org

Offline Gleb

• Remetj
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 09:48:41 am »
Dua Netjer indeed :)
Senebty,
Gleb

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 07:27:51 pm »
My life is still being pieced back together.
"Give sorrow a Sailor smile."
~ "Makenai" by Hanazawa Kae; Sailor Moon Stars, Season 5, episode 200

"Beyond this road, running on far and long, must surely be something we can believe in."
~ "Pure Heart" by Rikki; Final Fantasy VII, "Aerith's Theme"

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3507
  • stats Total Posts: 304435
  • stats Total Topics: 21169
  • stats Total Categories: 9
  • stats Total Boards: 126
  • stats Most Online: 955
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal