Register
collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 189
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Identifying a new Netjer?  (Read 1136 times)

Identifying a new Netjer?
« on: September 01, 2017, 01:41:55 am »
Hello all!

Since I'm not yet a Remetj member until I take classes, I was wondering if anyone had any advice about identifying other Netjeru who might come forth?

Recently, I think I might be having some contact with Hethert, but I'm not entirely sure! I recently got the Ancient Egyptian Prayerbook, and I said one of the prayers in offering to her one night due to some difficulties I was having. I think I felt her presence in my life, but she doesn't seem as forthcoming as Yinepu is in my life.

Does this ever happen? I'm sure it does, I've just been fairly content to work with Yinepu and I was a bit surprised that she might show up. Does anyone else have experience in regards to this?

Offline Tjesi

• Rev Ellen, Ordained Priest - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
Re: Identifying a new Netjer?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 07:36:06 am »
I don't have experience with that, but as child of Hethert I'd be happy to discuss how I get Her if that's of interest to you. Just send me a PM.

❤️

Ibi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline Djehutyendy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 08:18:30 am »
Em hotep!

Getting to know a new Name of Netjer is both exciting and confusing. The gods are so vast and abstract that is totally makes sense that there will be difficulty in identifying a Name that is approaching an individual. My advice would be to start reading up on Hethert and seeing if the gloves fits, so to speak. Maybe start reading about some other gods/goddesses, too, just to see if anything clicks. But to be honest, I feel like it totally could be Hethert since you did pray to Her and therefore you reached out to Her already.

Good luck figuring this out! Let us know if you learn who this Name might be :)

Senebty,
Endy
Daughter of Djehuty and Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) | Beloved of Hethert-Sekhmet and Geb
Fedw Diviner

Offline Darytessekhmet

• Rev. Daryt - Ordained Clergy - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 01:14:30 pm »
Em hotep *henu*

When a new Name approaches and you are unsure of Who it is, trust your gut feeling.  I think it's highly likely it's Hethert.  Get to know Her more and spend time contemplating Her.  Reverend Neferu has an excellent website on Her.  http://www.hethert.org/

Senebty!
Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3068
  • stats Total Posts: 292343
  • stats Total Topics: 19885
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 876