collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Is there any particular place to post about random happenings/etc?  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Nysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Is there any particular place to post about random happenings/etc?
« on: September 16, 2017, 12:52:50 am »
Em hotep,

I see a lot of stuff in this particular section, but I haven't come across anywhere that's sort of a "general" area of the forum, where anything goes, so to speak. I ask because something happened to me just now, and I wanted to know if there was a particular place to post things like this:

I was messing around with my grandpa, which we always do, and one of the things that isn't uncommon is for us to toss an empty plastic bottle at each other. Now, I acknowledge that in general this probably wouldn't be very nice, but as I said it's a mutual play between us. As I was doing a last throw as he was leaving the room, my bracelet came off and broke and the beads scattered everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE. This bracelet has been very important to me, as it's black and gold to represent a sort of kemetic vibe, and I bought it when I was originally considering becoming a kemetic. I've been wearing it for over a year in honor of Netjer and the Names. Now it's broken. I feel like I've done something wrong, that this is some sort of sign or something, but I also know that it's not good to read too much into things. The bracelet has had a small weak point for a long time, but it's been completely fine for months. So, I don't really know what to do with all this.

So, is there anywhere in particular to post these types of things, and also does anyone have any suggestions or advice for my situation?

Senebty,

Maro
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:19:30 am by Marodynamic »
Nysenu | "Because of two" | Fedw Diviner | Sau Apprentice
Bast | Yinepu-Wepwywawet | Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Khonsu | Sekhmet-Mut | Mafdet | Set
𓃧𓃠𓁢𓃧
𓁳𓁴𓃮𓁣

Offline Pairysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Re: Is there any particular place to post about random happenings/etc?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 01:45:07 am »
Em hotep, Maro~

I think this kind of question is often in the Living Kemetic Orthodox  forum-thread-thing, which is private, but I think you should have access to it as a beginner?

To answer your question: things break. They just do, and oftentimes it doesn't mean anything other than 'it had some wear and tear.' And if you've been wearing it for a year, it's certainly gotten some wear and tear.

You could try to restring it/remake it with the same beads or get something new. If you really do think it's a sign/message, I would interpret it more in the sense of having a chance to recreate the bracelet better than before! (maybe a metaphor for something here, perhaps a new way of looking at your relationship with Netjer?) 

On a personal level, one time I was stringing some beads for Set and the thread broke. I was worried He didn't like it, then realized I had dropped one of the beads on the floor. Turns out He just wanted all the beads. So even things that may appear like bad signs at first could be totally not bad at all.

In summary, I do not think it is a negative sign, if it is a sign at all. Chances are higher that it is a perfectly mundane breakage. =)

Senebty,

~Zander
𓅮
"The One Who Acts For Two"
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert her Set her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Mery Heru-wer, Sobek, her Min

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 07:24:45 am »
Em hotep Zanders,

The only members only area which beginners have access to are Ask the Nisut and (I think) members announcements.

On the bracelet, yes, sometimes things break. The Gods don't get mad because life and entropy happen.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer her Aset-Serqet

Offline Tjesi

• Rev Tjesi - Web Assistant
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 09:18:00 am »
Marodynamic...

No... you have not done something wrong, at least I don't believe you have. Sometimes things just break. You didn't intentionally break it.

A year or so ago another member gave me a necklace that was dedicated to a Netjeri of Wesir. They thought that it might belong with me because my beloved is Wesir. I was very, very happy to have it. I took it home. The first time I wore it, I was touching it thinking about what it meant. This was in the middle of a meeting. All of a sudden there was the sound of beads falling all over the conference room table. There were beads down my shirt, beads on the table, beads on the floor blending in with the carpet.

We gathered all that we could find up, my co-workers and I, and I contacted the person who had given it to me. They felt that maybe the necklace wasn't meant for me then. Eventually, I sent all the beads back to them.

I don't think I did anything wrong. Yes, I had an urge to blame myself because this Netjeri didn't seem to like me. But, necklaces don't communicate really clearly (in my opinion).

With your bracelet, you have worn it for over a year you say. Things breaking after that much wear is really not uncommon. In my experience our Netjeru make Their messages clear if They're not happy about something. And, for me, even when I'm not getting the message quickly, the most I ever get is exasperation. I don't get blame and punishment for not getting something. They can make whatever They need to clear enough without destroying property, I think. Kemetic Orthodoxy doesn't have the concept of being born into a state of sin, or even sin in the same way that many more "traditional" religions do.

Yes, to lose something that has meant something to you and been close to you is sad. But, unless you knowingly did something to make it break, don't blame yourself.

Much love,

Ibi
Rev Tjesi
Tjeset Merut her Reshut net Hethert
Sat Hethert-Sekhmet
meryt Wesir

Shemsu name: Awibemhethert

Self-Care Hethert Keeper

Offline Nysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 09:58:35 am »
Thank you everyone for responding, and for your kind words :) You're right, it's probably just from wear and tear. Me and my grandpa were able to find all the beads, so I'll look into restringing it with fresh new cord!

You could try to restring it/remake it with the same beads or get something new. If you really do think it's a sign/message, I would interpret it more in the sense of having a chance to recreate the bracelet better than before! (maybe a metaphor for something here, perhaps a new way of looking at your relationship with Netjer?) 

I really love this, thank you. I can use it as an opportunity to recreate something for Netjer. Maybe, if it is a sign like this of some sort, it's marking the new beginning I'm having with being kemetic? I've been solitary for the past year, and the beginners class is ending now, and I plan on becoming a member here. Maybe it has something to do with that, taking the old and remaking it into the new? If that makes sense?
𓃧𓃠𓁢𓃧
𓁳𓁴𓃮𓁣

Offline Pairysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 10:44:25 am »
Maro -

I really love this, thank you. I can use it as an opportunity to recreate something for Netjer. Maybe, if it is a sign like this of some sort, it's marking the new beginning I'm having with being kemetic? I've been solitary for the past year, and the beginners class is ending now, and I plan on becoming a member here. Maybe it has something to do with that, taking the old and remaking it into the new? If that makes sense?

Glad it helped! Again, the breaking itself is likely mundane in nature, but the result of the breaking can be utilized to represent or celebrate your new beginning, which is great symbolism, I think.  ;)

Zat-

The only members only area which beginners have access to are Ask the Nisut and (I think) members announcements.

Huh, I could have sworn I had access to the Living KO thread as a beginner... I must be misremembering.
𓅮
"The One Who Acts For Two"
Sa Sekhmet-Hethert her Set her (Hekatawy Alexandros)|
Mery Heru-wer, Sobek, her Min

Offline Darytessekhmet

• Rev. Daryt - Ordained Clergy - Moderator (Prayer Requests Forums)
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 02:36:33 pm »
Em hotep Marodynamic *henu*

Just adding that I don't think you did anything wrong, nor do I think it means anything bad.  Sometimes things need to break to make way for something new.
Daughter of Sekhmet and Nisut Hekatawy(AUS)
W'abet Nekhen sehotep.tu ib-es yim-ef, The Shrine in Which Her Heart is Appeased

Her Father controls Sekhmet, Sekhmet subdues evil, Sekhmet controls Her temper
Even small rivers keep the lands green and the oceans wet.

Offline Temseniaset

• Sema Kau Bak
  • Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 02:42:37 pm »
Things break, no need to worry. 
Senebty
Temseniaset,
Sat Aset Serqet
Meryt Wesir Sokar, Yinepu Wepwawet, Khepra, Heru Sa Aset, Ra
Fedw diviner

Offline Sehedjef

• Rev. Sehedjef - Ordained Clergy - Semer-Wati
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 05:12:29 pm »
Hotep Marodynamic!  *henu*

Glad to hear you were able to recover all the beads and look forward to hearing about the return of the re beaded bracelet!  ^_^

Senebty,
Imti
Rev. Sehedjef
(He shines with the beauty of the truth of his Mothers)
Sa Nebthet her Serqet
Mery Ptah her Tasenetnofret

Offline Sedjosrysekhmet

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 09:43:21 pm »
Em Hotep Marodynamic !!!

I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your bracelet but I'm very glad you found the beads.

See you in our chat :) and around here!
Sat Sekhmet-Hethert her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)  Meryt Wepwawet-Yinepu her Djehuty her Bast-Mut

Official Bog mom.

Offline Tjemsy

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 07:01:37 am »
I am also of the mind that things break. When I was stringing my necklace the other day, I kept accidentally knocking all the beads off my string. It was my first time ever making a thing before, and a combination of holding it wrong and not having a great work area meant a lot of beads flying all over the place. I don't at all think that was because they were The Wrong Beads or what have you. While a thing breaking could be a sign, because you identified a weak point in it, I'm far more inclined to think it's just a natural break. ^^;

I have also heard people say they have had necklaces and such break because they were said to be "protecting" them from something, and afterward, you could simply restring them. Hematite seems to be pretty prone to energy-related breakage. I don't know that this is relevant in your case, but I think it's good to know that even when things do break for some spiritual reason, it is not always meant to be taken negatively. ^^;
Tjemsy - "Two Red Ones"

Sat Sekhmet her Set
Meryt Heru-wer, Bast, Wepwawet, Taweret, Nebthet,
 & Nefertem-Imhotep

Fedw Diviner | Tjemsy@kemet.org

Offline Nysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 03:46:19 pm »
Thank you so much everyone, for all your kind responses!! I'm feeling so much better about this now, and am looking forward to remaking my bracelet!

I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your bracelet but I'm very glad you found the beads.

See you in our chat :) and around here!

Thank you! I'll see you around, it's nice to see one of my classmates!

I have also heard people say they have had necklaces and such break because they were said to be "protecting" them from something, and afterward, you could simply restring them. Hematite seems to be pretty prone to energy-related breakage. I don't know that this is relevant in your case, but I think it's good to know that even when things do break for some spiritual reason, it is not always meant to be taken negatively. ^^;

That's also a good point! I have no idea what it would be for this case, if anything, but I'll definitely keep that in mind for later as well! Mine wasn't hematite I don't think (I honestly have no clue what it's made of) but that's good info to have nevertheless. And you're right, it's not always a bad thing. I need to keep that in mind :)
𓃧𓃠𓁢𓃧
𓁳𓁴𓃮𓁣

* Most Recent Topics

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3087
  • stats Total Posts: 293058
  • stats Total Topics: 19944
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 113
  • stats Most Online: 955
anything