collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 80
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Where to commission/buy small statues/icons for a shrine?  (Read 3995 times)

Offline Nysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Where to commission/buy small statues/icons for a shrine?
« on: September 17, 2017, 10:18:47 pm »
Em hotep!

I have little statue things 3 inches tall of both Bast and Yinepu, and I'm looking to get one for Mafdet and Wepwawet as well, and I'd rather it actually be in their image rather than using similar, more popular Gods' statues. Does anyone know where I can get something like this? If I have to get it specially made, that's fine too, as long as it's not super expensive. It only needs to be 3 inches, and I'd like it to be black with gold accents so that they'd all match!

Any suggestions?

Senebty

-Maro
Nysenu~Because of two

Child of Bast, Yinepu/Wepwawet, and Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Khonsu, Sekhmet-Mut, and Mafdet

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
Re: Where to commission/buy small statues/icons for a shrine?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 10:24:35 pm »
Em hotep nefer, Maro!

You can find images that size (not the greatest sculpts, but specifically OF Them) on eBay fairly regularly. There is an old Hachette series, from the '90s or early aughts, that published magazines about individual Egyptian deities, and these came with little resin figures no larger than 4" or so tall. You can search for them under "Egyptian resin figure" and similar, and they will usually crop-up. Mafdet's image is rarer, but Wepwawet's can be found posted for sale with reliable regularity.

Alternatively, for Wepwawet at least, you can use a jackal-headed statuette, which are easily found under the search term of "Anubis statue/figure." Wepwawet, Sed, Duamutef, and Yinepu are all shown that way at times, so if it's not against your aesthetic tastes and desires, those figures are perfectly suitable. :)

I hope this helps!

Senebty!
Sedjfai
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Sedjfaiemitui

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 10:46:23 pm »
Addendum: Alternatively, you could commission statuettes with Nicolas of Shadow of the Sphinx. They'll be more expensive than anything you could pick-up on eBay on any given day, but they'll be a lot nicer and made especially to your specifications. :)

Senebty!
Sedjfai

(Edit: Misspelled Nic's name. Whoops!)
"Endowed by Two Fathers"
𓁣 𓁠
Sat Set her Amun-Re-Banebdjedet
Meryt Herishef, Wesir-Narefy, Heru-Wer, her Yinepu

Offline Subani

• Shemsu
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 06:19:38 am »
When I have the spare cash, I am getting Nicolas to make me a Wepwawet, but he does mostly use a patina look rather than black and gold. That being said, I am sure he can do black and gold, he just prefers the look he uses the most.
Sat Bast meryt Amun, Wepwawet-Yinepu her Set
(7/22/07)
Subaenibast
Bast causes Herself to be revealed to me
(6/27/18)

Offline Shezatwepwawet

• Moderator (Kemetic Orthodox Q&A)
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 08:35:50 am »
Addendum: Alternatively, you could commission statuettes with Nicolas of Shadow of the Sphinx. They'll be more expensive than anything you could pick-up on eBay on any given day, but they'll be a lot nicer and made especially to your specifications. :)

Senebty!
Sedjfai

(Edit: Misspelled Nic's name. Whoops!)

Seconding this suggest. I have three pieces he made and love them. One also got some extra work because the base was too small for my liking and he did so at no extra cost.
Senebty,
Zat (She who makes Sekhmet laugh)
Sau apprentice | Fedw | The Library | zat@kemet.org

Sat Wepwawet-Yinepu her Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS) meryt Seshat-Nit-Nebthet her Heru-wer

Offline Khamaiyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 08:46:49 am »
Wolf and Goat make some beautiful stuff, though I've never seen them make Egyptian statues I'd imagine they'd be happy to do it. They do take a long time to do things though, or so I hear.

http://www.wolf-and-goat.com/Commissions/bespoke.html

Shadow of the Sphinx is good, I've bought an Amulet from them before. Also very, very, reasonable prices.

There is also Jeff Cullens Artistry, which has something like a two year waiting list but some very lovely stuff.

http://www.jeffcullenartistry.com/gallery.php?gallery=gallery/Statues/Egyptian
Yinepu Drives off Evil [From Me]
Son of Yinepu-Wepwawet
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Tefnut and Amun
𓐍𓅓𓂝𓂞𓇋 𓈖 𓂸 𓁣 𓀂

Offline Tamiwi

• Rev Danielle, Ordained Priest
  • W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 09:17:24 am »
Em Hotep!

If you're looking to commission someone within the Temple, Iseqi is starting to do some beautiful sculptural work towards full sized figures complete with textural hair. She has already started a Set and is working on a commission of Het-hert in cow form. Each commission comes with the permission to do a cast of the sculpt, while you keep the original. It might be larger than 3 inches, however, and for that size would probably only be the head. Think of it as a really cool bust of the figures with whatever image-reference you like.

Just a thought! :)

Alternatively, I agree with Sedjfai that I have seen some nice smaller gold statues (or all in black) on Ebay, though not yet of the two Netjer specified. For Wepwawet, it would probably be one more of Yinepu.
W'abet Nekhen Miu Wer
Sat Bast her Ra her Hekatawy I (AUS)
*Meryt Hethert-Sekhmet her Heru-Sa-Aset*
Fedw Diviner | Heri-sesheta Bast

Offline Nysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 10:00:11 am »
Thank you everyone for the great suggestions!! I've been checking them out, and it seems like Shadow of the Sphinx is the most popular choice, as well as the most likely to get what I'm looking for for a decent price :D
Nysenu~Because of two

Offline Tasedjebbast

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 11:25:08 am »
All of my current shrine icons were made by him.  They're perfect for the purpose. Small, consistent style.  I ordered some he had already and then commissioned a few to complete the set.  So now I've got my Parent and all 5 beloveds represented in small statues as their theophanies.  It's pretty great.
Daughter of Bast-Mut & Hekatawy Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Yinepu, Sekhmet, Set, Heru-wer, and Aset
Devotee of Aphrodite

Offline Nysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 11:51:25 am »
All of my current shrine icons were made by him.  They're perfect for the purpose. Small, consistent style.  I ordered some he had already and then commissioned a few to complete the set.  So now I've got my Parent and all 5 beloveds represented in small statues as their theophanies.  It's pretty great.

That's really lovely! Having them all made my someone with care and also being consistent with each other is wonderful :D I'm hoping to make some stuff for my shrine when I've had some practice with using clay, since I'm a total beginner to it haha
Nysenu~Because of two

Offline weshebutAmunRa

• Divined Remetj
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 09:43:06 pm »
I commissioned a wooden statue of Amun-Ra from Dennis at Studio Yarinka. http://studio-yarinka.com/ He generally has at least a 6 month waiting list, but you can make payments.

The statue I had done is rather large, but he does smaller ones as well.

Let me know if this link doesn't work: https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17190685_10154662375088375_8816960449342631637_n.jpg?oh=b4108d3864d78ad4b2625c0d04cab001&oe=5A4EC9C8

Next to my face for size comparision: https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17098174_10154665728083375_4948108432256416349_n.jpg?oh=e4485b4d09537a9ce93ad77f98788bd5&oe=5A4F978E
sa/t Amun-Ra
mery/t Mut, Yinepu, Khonsu, Serqet, and Bast

"Let me be your reason; let me be your spark. Let me be the torch that sets fire to your heart." Nachtmahr, "The Torch"

Offline Khamaiyinepu

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 03:14:48 pm »
I commissioned a wooden statue of Amun-Ra from Dennis at Studio Yarinka. http://studio-yarinka.com/ He generally has at least a 6 month waiting list, but you can make payments.

Let me know if this link doesn't work: https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17190685_10154662375088375_8816960449342631637_n.jpg?oh=b4108d3864d78ad4b2625c0d04cab001&oe=5A4EC9C8

Next to my face for size comparision: https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17098174_10154665728083375_4948108432256416349_n.jpg?oh=e4485b4d09537a9ce93ad77f98788bd5&oe=5A4F978E

Wow thats stunning! :o
Yinepu Drives off Evil [From Me]
Son of Yinepu-Wepwawet
Beloved of Sekhmet-Hethert, Tefnut and Amun
𓐍𓅓𓂝𓂞𓇋 𓈖 𓂸 𓁣 𓀂

Offline Itenumuti

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 04:37:29 pm »
Oh my goodness, that Amun-Ra is amazing! I love wooden statuary. :3
Senebty, Tenu
𓇋𓏏𓈖𓏌𓏲𓂉𓏛𓄿𓏭
Child of Nebt-het & Hethert-Nut
Beloved of Ma'ahes, Serqet, & Wepwawet
𓉠𓃕𓄂𓆫𓃧

Offline Nysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 07:57:52 pm »

Wow your statue looks fantastic! I'll have to keep Dennis in mind in the future!
Nysenu~Because of two

Offline TahekerutAset

• Shemsu
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 11:46:55 am »
I've commissioned a few small pieces from Saryt. 
I can't seem to find the link to her Etsy shop at  the moment.   
TahekerutAset "Aset's Jewel"
Sat Aset
Meryt Nebet Het her Wepwawet her Sekhmet-Mut her Ra

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3007
  • stats Total Posts: 288227
  • stats Total Topics: 19543
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217