collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 64
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 8
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Feels like my godphone is dying ?  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Nysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
Feels like my godphone is dying ?
« on: September 27, 2017, 04:05:45 pm »
Em hotep,

(Sorry if this is in the wrong thread!) When I first started practicing kemeticism about a year ago, I felt the presence and could fairly well communicate with the Netjeru that I'm devoted to. It remained strong for quite a while, but over the last maybe 4-6 months it feels as though it's getting weaker and weaker, to the point that I can rarely if at all get anything from them. When I did Senut for the first time during the beginner's class, I got a feeling again (and a much better understanding of Netjer as a whole in the process), though still weaker than I was used to. Now it really seems to have gone down the drain. No matter how much time i spend in either my Senut shrine or my personal shrine, I just don't get the feelings and emotional messages like I used to. I admit, I haven't been as vigilant as before, but it started happening even when I was still going strong.

Has this happened to anyone else? And what can I do to help it get stronger again?

Senebty,

Maro
Nysenu~Because of two

Child of Bast, Yinepu/Wepwawet, and Hekatawy-Alexandros (AUS)
Beloved of Khonsu, Sekhmet-Mut, and Mafdet

Offline A'Aqytsekhmet

• Rev. A'aqyt - Ordained Clergy
Re: Feels like my godphone is dying ?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 04:40:36 pm »
Many times I go through cycles through out the year where gods move in and out of influence. Nothing wrong with it just that I may need to focus on another portion of my life or path.

Part of the beginners course is that you are asked to not focus on specific gods. This helps open you up to be approached by or connect with other names that may not be as well known or popular. So the gods could be stepping back to give more room for others to come forward.
Sat Sekhmet-Nebetuu meryt Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, Nefertem, Wenut, Sokar-Wesir
Nekhen Iakhu Ihy Neferu Khau
Fedw Diviner  -  Shrine Image Service available  -  Self-Care Sekhmet Advocate
Zazzle Shop - Patreon[

Offline Ineqaset

• Shemsu
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 04:48:35 pm »
I've always been a follower of the adage "Heaven helps those who help themselves" and when I've felt the gods pull back it's been at times when I've not been working on problems, issues, etc. To me, I've visualized the gods holding their hands up saying, "We'll support you, but you're going to have to find answers on your own for this one."

During this time, I do a lot of thanking the gods for what I have in my life, showing gratitude.  I also bring up what I think I should do to the gods and then ask/pray for guidance if this was the best direction to travel. 

Again, just my experience :)
Ineqaset (Aset unites, Aset gathers)
daughter of Aset-Serqet
beloved of Djehuty and Bes

Offline Nysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 05:09:54 pm »
A'Aqytsekhmet and Ineqaset, thank you for your replies! I have been stepping back for the beginner's class as was asked, so maybe that's part of the reason. I guess I just figured that now that it's over, they would come back right away? But both of you are right, maybe it's also so that I can focus on other things and bettering myself. I have been neglecting that quite a bit.. I will definitely take all of this to heart and work toward doing better in many areas of life! If the gods need me to find my own way for a time, then I should listen.
Nysenu~Because of two

Offline Khamheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 05:21:14 pm »
Yes, it happens to me as well. Although I notice it as a communication change between me and Netjer. It takes different shapes and vibes as time goes by.
Heru-wer
Aset & Wesir & Set

Offline Ra'awyserqet

• W'ab Priest - Lay Clergy
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 07:03:48 pm »
Em hotep

I, like A'aqyt, have found it to be a natural part of life. I feel like godphones have been vastly overblown by the occult communities, until it has become weird, unacceptable, or worthy of shame/blame if you don't have one or if yours doesn't work with perfect clarity all the time.

I honestly don't feel that we, as human beings, are intended to get that perfect clarity all the time or for some of us even once in our lives. We're not intended for a perfectly and only spiritual experience, but rather our spirituality goes hand in hand (or not in some cases) with our physical reality. Some of us aren't ready for that kind of communion with the divine -in whatever form a person believes- and never will be. Some of us can only handle brief moments of clarity. Some of our godphones are permanently tuned for colors, feelings, etc, rather than words. Some of us have them tuned to seemingly random circumstances that happen around us.

But I don't feel like all of us are ready or even willing for a full blown communion with the divine 24/7/365. I feel it would be vastly uncomfortable to our existence as physical beings, because we'd be constantly within or struggling to get to a purely spiritual existence. We'd probably forget to eat, sleep, pay our bills, care for our kids (human or not), we'd forget to interact with other human people, and generally forget all of the things necessary to a human existence. That's why I personally don't see a problem with having a godphone and losing it, or never having had one to start with. I actually feel it's harder to have one and lose it or never have one at all and still keep faith. This may come from my Catholic influences, but there were quite a lot of Saints and the like that heard God once and spent the rest of their lives following His will, but never hearing Him again.  There are also plenty of them who never heard God at all, but still believed and did His work. It's harder to keep going when you are in the dark.

It could be life influences, it could be seasons, it could be Them stepping back, it could be a lot of things. But none of those things are inherently bad or wrong. I wouldn't worry about it too much personally, other than to check that you are providing enough self-care.

I like to remember this when I'm having a hard time, godphone or not:
"Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark." Rabindranath Tagore

Senebty
Ra'awy

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Edited in: I got a fortune cookie years ago with that quote inside and it's sat on my Senut shrine ever since. It always reminds me that it's okay if I don't get a response back, one that I understand, or even one that I like.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 07:07:09 pm by Ra'awyserqet »
(They/them)

Sat Serqet-Aset her Nisut-bity Hekatawy | (aus), meryt Sekhmet-Mut, Yinepu-Wepwawet, Heru-wer, her Hethert-Nut-as-Nehmet-Awai.

Fedw Diviner

Offline Gezausenu

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 07:58:53 pm »
Em hotep!

To chip in my $0.02 . . . our relationships with the Gods, I think, are in many ways like any other relationship: you might have steadfast friends but chances are you're not always close to the same degree 100% of the time. Your relationship waxes and wanes; you never stop being friends, and there's no animosity, but occasionally you go through periods of either distance or greater closeness than before.

This happens for me, too. I mean, I've worried (a lot!) when I can't hear my Papa Set on the Godphone because, well, He's usually loud. And I've gone through periods where I've felt Him almost all the time, heard Him constantly throughout my day, etc. Conversely, I go through phases where I don't--where He doesn't feel close, or where I don't hear anything from Him. I've come to realize that there may not even be a cause to this--you know, sometimes we worry "is it me?" And in some cases I'll grant that the Gods can and do step back so we can grow or learn a thing that we need to learn. But in some cases . . . it just is. Sometimes there's no reason that we can discern. Relationships fluctuate and change and the Gods still love us, no matter what.

I will also add that this is something experienced across all faiths. I experienced that same waxing and waning in my relationship with the divine as a Christian, too, and have heard other Christians (as well as pagans, and all stripes in-between) speak of the same thing.

You're not alone, friend. <3 I know it can be uncomfortable when you're so used to having a close relationship with a Name, and suddenly that relationship seems distant, but . . . Firstly, They're still there for you, and love you deeply, and second, it seems to be par for the course. ^_^

Senebty,
Gezausenu.
I have left the House, but free services for Papa Set and Mama Sekhmet will always be offered to anyone who asks. Please e-mail me at gezausenu@gmail.com if you need anything at all. Ever. <3

Offline Nysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 11:02:29 am »
Thank you all for your help! I didn't know that it was something that could weave in and out over time, so I was really worried. I'll keep that in mind now, and not be so worried about it! Thanks so much!
Nysenu~Because of two

Offline Sema'a

• Rev. Danielle - Ordained Clergy
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 01:46:24 pm »
Em hotep!

I've also found that it's common and natural for people to feel as though they are losing their "god phone" as the presence of Netjer becomes more normal in everyday life. It becomes less of a new, special experience, and becomes more routine, which makes it feel less intense -- the same as with a relationship. At the beginning of a relationship, the feelings are very intense and sometimes overwhelming; as time goes on, they settle into something more sustainable. :) Keep praying and keep talking to Netjer, They're still there!

Senebty,
Sobeq
Priest of Wepwawet and Sekhmet-Mut
Beloved of Bast, Nut, Khonsu & Nebt-het
Heri-sesheta Wepwawet | Fedw Diviner
revdgallo@kemet.org

Offline Nysenu

• Shemsu-Ankh
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 07:33:22 pm »
Em hotep!

I've also found that it's common and natural for people to feel as though they are losing their "god phone" as the presence of Netjer becomes more normal in everyday life. It becomes less of a new, special experience, and becomes more routine, which makes it feel less intense -- the same as with a relationship. At the beginning of a relationship, the feelings are very intense and sometimes overwhelming; as time goes on, they settle into something more sustainable. :) Keep praying and keep talking to Netjer, They're still there!

Senebty,
Sobeq

Huh, that's really interesting, thank you for sharing! It definitely makes sense for things to happen that way. The relationship analogy really helps make it easier to understand, too :)
Nysenu~Because of two

Offline Bakethetep

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 11:29:08 am »
For me, my communication with the gods went into near silence for thirteen years. It is only over the past four months or so that I have felt the quiet return of them into my life.
I never felt abandoned by them. Only, I think, that I was being given time to forge myself and that I would return to them when I was ready. In my life, I have not had much guidance - I did not have a very pleasant time growing up, and grew up much too soon. I left home at fifteen, and from twelve to eighteen was the strongest time of connection I had with the Netjeru. Now at twenty-nine, I feel like they are making themselves known to me again, knowing that I am at something of a crossroads.

It was Yinepu that first brought me to what I now know is Kemeticism, and remains important to me, but it is Amun the Ram-Headed, the Hidden One, that I feel the closest connection to now. It was he that I felt directed to speak to most in my times of greatest need.

I would not worry about a period of quiet time. This time will last for as long as you need it to. I cannot claim to know true intentions of the Netjeru, but I do not feel that they are the 'abandoning' type. I would advise you not to worry about backs being turned on you. I think they are above all that, and are simply allowing you time and space in your life. For what reason, I could never claim to know - that is up to you.

Learning to appreciate a comfortable silence is a good sign of real love.

Offline Padememheru

• Shemsu
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2017, 03:13:39 pm »
Em Hotep Marodynamic,

Just want to add my thoughts to this.  I too have felt the distance you are speaking of.  In fact, this past year, my family were relatively quiet.  Though I believe this to be because I was trying to join another tradition.  But before my Papa Heru-sa-Aset (as well as my Beloveds) made Himself known quite often, even if there weren't words involved.  Like Gezau said, it's a relationship that waxes and wanes kind of like the phases of the moon.  Sometimes it's strong, sometimes it's quiet.  But They are still there  no matter what's going on.  :)
"When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - Futurama's "Godfellas"

Padememheru ~The One Mentioned by Heru~
Sa Heru-sa-Aset (or Heru-Nedjitef)
Mery Set, Aset-Serqet, his Nut

Offline S'ashasenu

• Shemsu
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 06:21:49 pm »
Late in 2015, I experienced a lot of upheaval in my life.  I basically decided my marriage was over, left my husband, and moved to a city 5 hours away and started a whole new life, all within a two-week period.  I knew it was coming, because Amunet told me so (she really can't keep a secret, lol).  But, as a result, I also lost a lot of my spiritual connections.  I now think that they stepped back on purpose to allow me to re-discover myself and learn the new direction my life was taking.  I think disconnection does happen, and that sometimes it is needed.  Sometimes we do the disconnecting, and other times it is initiated on the other side for whatever reason, but I think it is temporary.  I know for my own situation, I did get it back.  I also think that, depending on the situation, we may need a little more, or a little less, time to adjust.  In general, my belief is that, if we are going to be present, They want us to be all there, not just partly, so They may back off until we are emotionally there and can fully experience Them.
S'ashasenu (Asha)
"Two Are Many" or "Two Multiply/Make Many"

Sat Bast her Amunet, and Meryt Set
"Stay in the light, princess."

Offline Teritui

• Shemsu
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 07:16:21 pm »
I've experienced it too. To add a different angle, I think our gods are busy- and they aren't necessarily omnipotent or omniscient. Meaning that while they're dealing with other things, they may step back from us. That doesn't mean they don't love us, it's just a matter of patience.
Teritui: I respect my Two Fathers
Daughter of: Ptah-Sokar-Wesir and Heru-wer
Beloved of: Sekhmet-Hethert, Set and Taweret

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3003
  • stats Total Posts: 288093
  • stats Total Topics: 19531
  • stats Total Categories: 8
  • stats Total Boards: 110
  • stats Most Online: 217
anything